37,000+ Files In The Latest Update?

11 hours ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

the specific question in the post that I quoted was “Is there any official information as to what is in this patch?” The answer to that question was this post  and this post. These two posts are the official information as to what is in the patch. 

Yes I saw those, neither of those posts are particularly helpful when it comes to the question of why the patch is so large though.

Most patches that just fix things are usually significantly smaller, hence why people are so curious about it.
It's also important to note that most people have little to no understanding when it comes to tech stuff, yet one more reason why they are curious about such a huge patch with seemingly no explanation for it's size, least that they can understand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Yes I saw those, neither of those posts are particularly helpful when it comes to the question of why the patch is so large though.

Most patches that just fix things are usually significantly smaller, hence why people are so curious about it.
It's also important to note that most people have little to no understanding when it comes to tech stuff, yet one more reason why they are curious about such a huge patch with seemingly no explanation for it's size, least that they can understand.

yes, but I wasn’t answering your question. I was answering the other person’s question. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Based on the sheer number of confused emotes on your posts on the first page, there's a lot of internet gamers who have zero knowledge of how the internet works.

but it is so much easier to just assign blame to the nearest target 😛

it's like playing GW2 with autotarget enabled

• Sad 1

Just now, Khisanth.2948 said:

but it is so much easier to just assign blame to the nearest target 😛

it's like playing GW2 with autotarget enabled

So much this.

That is why I know my dog is responsible for the latency issues and download speeds.  Seriously, he was even sitting by the router at the time.  I know he's up to something.  And it just so happens that the download slowed at the exact moment he sniffed the ledge near the router?

Obviously dogs are responsible for download speeds.

Then again, my printer is closer than my dog.  And we all know printers never like to work.  Maybe the printer caused it.

Definitely the printer.  Doggies like people and would never crash their internets.   Printers are evil.

So, obviously the cat did it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

yes, but I wasn’t answering your question. I was answering the other person’s question. 

and that STILL doesn't answer that guys question still.  cause he still wants to know why it was that much that had to be downloaded so so little changes when there were patches with 30 times the changes but less files to be downloaded.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

and that STILL doesn't answer that guys question still.  cause he still wants to know why it was that much that had to be downloaded so so little changes when there were patches with 30 times the changes but less files to be downloaded.

If that’s what the person I originally responded to wanted to know then he should have asked that question instead of the one he did ask. 

Again. That person specifically and only asked

Is there any official information as to what is in this patch?

In response to that specific question I answered by telling where to find that information.  
     no, I’m not interested giving answers to unasked questions that other posters think he was asking or other information not asked that they wanted to know and they think that for some reason should be in my answer to someone else. 
       If the original person i responded to next wanted to know what specifically “had to be downloaded for so little changes” then he could make a post asking that question to all the people here who seem to know so very much. 

as for the second person who next quoted me to say my answer wasn’t sufficient, I wasn’t answering  his question so I don’t know why he thought my post has anything to do with what he wanted to know. 

edit, so to make it clear. Person 1 asked what was the official statement that said what was in the patch. I responded with a post saying where to find that. Person 2 then leaped into the conversation saying that answer wasn’t helpful because that didn’t say what caused such a big download. My response, I was answering the question asked by the first person, not a different question by a 2nd person who thought my answer to Person 1 had anything to do with what he wanted to know.

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...