Is it really this bad?

imweird.3197

On 11/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Mesket.5728 said:

No, its actually a very, very weak weapon. A weaker and clunkier greatsword. Its only purpose is to appease the weebs

and yet I see this...

Granted its PVP but still saying the skills are good, so it does really just come down to what each person likes.  😉

• Confused 4

@imweird.3197 

Quick rundown, Probably the best DPS in PVE, simple rotation big deeps and you bring somewhat mandatory support as banners so every group wants at least one, but it is only just that DPS or DPS + damage buff support so not exactly versatile.
WvW Spellbreaker is good for the zergs with WoD and shouts, I think warrior as a whole is still fine for roaming if you have multiple set builds since they are usually good at one thing.
In PVP is meh since it got too much nerfs and it can't get to pass the stat check like it can in WvW and it is generally worse than all the other professions at the roles that it can fill sidenoder( too many sidenode spec on warrior at this point) and support the WvW build but with stomp banner worked for a time. Also it depends allot on which skill level it is since Berserker for example can still one shot groups of people in Gold 2 by being pub stomper , but anyone that can dodge counters it higher up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

and yet I see this...

Granted its PVP but still saying the skills are good, so it does really just come down to what each person likes.  😉

The issue with these videos is that the clips are hand sellected due to the uploader not wanting to look like a bad player. You'll rarely see them in downstate, as they never want to show you that part. To many people at the time this new spec will throw them off, animations and skills they've never seen before ( same goes to all new elite specs, very powerful due to a lack of understanding what the big attacks look like.)

Look at the DH vs BS fight, he had every chance to save a CC on the warrior to break the burst charge up and lose all the adrenaline, yet he didnt due to not knowing the class. This spec will be broken weak when people understand its attacks and animations, a huge warrior downside of having very obvious animations)

As for the gunblade, it has a huge issue of chasing, attacking someone running away will make the explosions miss due to some strange explosion impact delay after the initial strike.
Much of the basis for the gunblade has a good foundation with a slight issue here and there, the bursts need a sorting out (its too easy to counter and the risk is too great for the low reward (burst skills do more damage and quicker than these charge bursts in pvp). My biggest gripe is how dissapointing the pistol is more than anything (which you may notice was never used in this video, A. due to how weak it is vs other warrior weapons. B. how the weapon swap system works along with the bursts (swapping weapons makes it harder to burst due to needing to swap twice before you can burst.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/17/2021 at 3:36 PM, Joxer.6024 said:

and yet I see this...

The only thing this vid is showcasing is how aweful the hit detection is. I mean count the amount of times his hits arent even connecting,add the low damage,the slow and clunky gameplay and you have the worst warri spec so far.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 4

On 11/18/2021 at 12:36 AM, Joxer.6024 said:

and yet I see this...

Yea I see the confused responses. Only reason i posted was to show a point, and that is that what one may call sour others might find as sweet.

• Confused 2

• 1 year later...

@Lighter.5631 yep but at least it does some DMG. Not Like everyother weapons where 4k is tha best you can get. Its Like you are playing full melee with high Telegraphed skills but you dealing less DMG than a Ranger that get melee (GS) and ranged (longbow) Attack (Not even consider its pets tbh). Warr finaly need its DMG Back and nothing else. (Tho Spellbraker might be the only Thing that is actually Not that useless since it saw some buffs to its weapons (Dagger) buut yea Rest is still as Bad as ever)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:58 AM, Lighter.5631 said:

gs feels so bad to play outside of arc slice...

the entire gs skill set is just unimpactful fillers for landing arcing slice later.

remembering this only makes it even more depressing. how they butchered gs, truly one of the biggest pain points i had in all my years of warrior-ing.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, imweird.3197 said:

Hi,

Bought the base game years ago and have just picked it back up. Coming from WoW and FFXIV and I ALWAYS play a warrior. There's just something about running around with a GS and feeling like Guts. I've noticed that the class is pooped on a lot. Is it really that bad? I'm duo with a Firebrand and wondering if it's better for me to just play something like a Soulbeast or Dragonhunter for PvP?

In pvp modes, it's bad. In pve, it's good.

gw2's combat really shows its flaws in pvp.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, imweird.3197 said:

Hi,

Bought the base game years ago and have just picked it back up. Coming from WoW and FFXIV and I ALWAYS play a warrior. There's just something about running around with a GS and feeling like Guts. I've noticed that the class is pooped on a lot. Is it really that bad? I'm duo with a Firebrand and wondering if it's better for me to just play something like a Soulbeast or Dragonhunter for PvP?

I am going to take a guess and say that you make your own build? As in its something that you use to your liking and not what is posted online

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

remembering this only makes it even more depressing. how they butchered gs, truly one of the biggest pain points i had in all my years of warrior-ing.

yea, gs now is literally unusable unless you paired with dagger and spellbreaker so you can immob people to land arcing slice.

literally every skills are unimpactfull, hard to land, and does little.

and arcing slice is hard to land without dagger/shield stun/spellbreaker

bladesworn is perfect example, why would you even touch GS at all, when every weapon share the same burst skills, for how unimpactful GS is without arcing slice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:16 AM, imweird.3197 said:

Hi,

Nowadays warrior can hold its own in pvp. It’s beginning to shine more in some metas, but still has a very long way to go. 
In all honesty play whatever is most fun to you. I find if it’s more fun to play, it’s easier to want to get good at it and dominate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

It's super unfun to fight, so I'm a little reluctant to promote it x)

Nah Make people suffer, its not like the roaster isn't kitten to deal with and doesn't deserve every bit of contempt builds you can push out.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1