Anyone else get a survey from Arena net?

I got the same email. However, I have a friend that was a Community Manager back in the day at NCSoft. He says that Anet does not typically use NCSoft domain names. That and any Anet support email you have will have a domain name of  guildwars2.com.

That said if @Fire Attunement.9835 could verify if this was something that was actually sent out  I'll happily fill out the survey. Until then it's super phishy.

• Like 1

They send them out from time to time.  Not everyone gets them.   If you are unsure if it is legitimate you can contact support.   As I recall the one I got some time ago did not ask for any login information to complete it.   I'm sure I would not have continued if it had asked for my login credentials.

Edit:  I went through my old emails and the one I received and completed in 2019 came from guildwars2@ncsoft.com

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I got one a few weeks ago (October 25th), and filled out the survey.  Every time a survey comes out, posts shows up about phishing; the surveys are always valid. 

There was that time someone was complaining they didn't get randomly selected to fill out the survey too 😂

I haven't had one this time but I have received surveys like this in the past. After I set up a free account then forgot the password I also got one specifically for people who had stopped playing just a few hours in asking why I'd stopped. I doubt my replies were much use for Anet, but they did help me get back into the account.

7 hours ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

I got it for one of my secondary accounts.

Interestingly the mail addressed me with the character name of my first character on that account. Seems to be a very talented phisherman if it wasn't from Anet. 🙊

If they've got your email address and a character name they've probably got enough info to fake being you for the account recovery process, so they're unlikely to send you a phishing email at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The surveys posted about on the forums have always been valid.  The phishing mails were never about surveys; they were in-game and related to something else. 

Either that or it's some variant of the generic "there is a problem with your account, please use this link to log in to confirm" emails, where of course the link goes to a fake website that will steal the details you use to log in.

• Like 1