The Next Warrior Elite Spec may be Support based. Would you all like that?

Ausar.9542

The Next Warrior Elite Spec may be Support based. Would you all like that?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. The Next Warrior Elite Spec may be Support based. Would you all like that?

• YES
    • NO

You know what I would do to shore up Core to help with any future support spec?

Shrug it Off: In addition to the current effects this trait will remove 4 conditions from allies that you heal (5s/10s ICD PvE/Comp split).

Soldier's Comfort: Remove dependence on Marching Orders. Remove CD and let it apply whenever a burst is used, give it the Dhuumfire treatment with a 5s CD for any elite spec.

Marital Cadence: Change this entirely to apply alacrity and quickness allies in the area (5s each) when a burst is used. 10s CD.

Marching Orders then be updated since the dependent traits have been altered to having no CD.

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Marching Orders then be updated since the dependent traits have been altered to having no CD.

Martial Orders apply on every Burst would make Tactics a heavily desireable traitline and would provide direct competition to Discipline as a DPS line since you'd be accessing your weapon skills incredibly quickly.

Berserker-Tactics-Discipline would mean fast weapon swapping and almost constant Whirlwind Axe/Hundred Blades

It would be a good thing promoting the weapon-focus of Warriors while also giving a traitline that could match Discipline in value but be a different playstyle (cd weapon skills on burst instead of swapping to cooled down weapon)

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
Sobered up and put more thought into response

1 hour ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

Martial Orders apply on every Burst would make Tactics a heavily desireable traitline and would provide direct competition to Discipline as a DPS line since you'd be accessing your weapon skills incredibly quickly.

Berserker-Tactics-Discipline would mean fast weapon swapping and almost constant Whirlwind Axe/Hundred Blades

Good? I fail to see the issue with actually competing against Discipline.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

GM trait though. And apparently alac and quickness is what is needed to break into any support niche. But sure one of those could go onto a trait from an e-spec.

To break into a support niche you just need one of these 2 boons, not both. The only support currently in the game which can potentially provide both is chronomancer and even they need way more build-around than what you are suggesting for warrior here.

Specter recently got nerfed specifically because anet doesn't want the spec to be both a permanent quickness and alacrity source.

All other support specs just got 1 of these 2 boons (quickness for firebrand/scrapper/catalyst/harbinger ; alacrity for mirage/mechanist/specter/willbender/renegade) or none of them at all. Some of them requiring multiple traits to get picked to create a synergy which allows to keep up the boon permanently.

Giving warrior something like group quickness might be a good idea, but getting quickness and alacrity from the same grandmaster trait permanently with basically no other trait synergies required is really greedy. I consider you to be pretty reasonable with your requests for warrior, but ever since bladesworn got showcased, your ideas get more and more bloated, tbh.

10 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

To break into a support niche you just need one of these 2 boons, not both. The only support currently in the game which can potentially provide both is chronomancer and even they need way more build-around than what you are suggesting for warrior here.

Yeah, and warrior already brings Might, Fury, Swiftness, and Resistance to the table.

Specter recently got nerfed specifically because anet doesn't want the spec to be both a permanent quickness and alacrity source.

That has more to do with what their visions are for each class/spec I think than necessarily a class having both those boons.

All other support specs just got 1 of these 2 boons (quickness for firebrand/scrapper/catalyst/harbinger ; alacrity for mirage/mechanist/specter/willbender/renegade) or none of them at all. Some of them requiring multiple traits to get picked to create a synergy which allows to keep up the boon permanently.

That boon duration/CD can change. Perhaps giving warrior both those boons would be enough of a kick to make it a proper support.

Giving warrior something like group quickness might be a good idea, but getting quickness and alacrity from the same grandmaster trait permanently with basically no other trait synergies required is really greedy. I consider you to be pretty reasonable with your requests for warrior, but ever since bladesworn got showcased, your ideas get more and more bloated, tbh.

Permanent only if you have 100% boon duration which is it's on cost on DPS, and besides that is something they'd have to test and balance.

If my ideas seem a little bloated then it is a by product of Anet crapping all over warrior for 2 years while other professions get better toys to play with. It's called shifting the Overton Window. I make my suggestions knowing that something weaker than what I suggest, but stronger than the current baseline would get implemented in the end. If enough warriors did the same thing we'd probably see better balance patches for warrior instead of multiple empty entries, or ones filled with nonesense.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

On 12/6/2021 at 11:31 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You know what I would do to shore up Core to help with any future support spec?

Shrug it Off: In addition to the current effects this trait will remove 4 conditions from allies that you heal (5s/10s ICD PvE/Comp split).

Soldier's Comfort: Remove dependence on Marching Orders. Remove CD and let it apply whenever a burst is used, give it the Dhuumfire treatment with a 5s CD for any elite spec.

Marital Cadence: Change this entirely to apply alacrity and quickness allies in the area (5s each) when a burst is used. 10s CD.

Anything/idea what is nice to tweak so warrior can share some stability?

1 hour ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Personally I think Phalanx Strength should share ALL boons, but at specific durations like how Might is shared at 4s, stability would have to be only 1s if shared. That might be too powerful, but idgaf anymore.

Another means would be for Last Stand to grant stability and vigor to allies nearby when you activate a stance, It can be allowed to pulse for 4s in an AoE.

2 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

We can just take notes from how Phalanx Strength imagines a Support oriented Warrior and simply:

• Stand Together - "When you grant yourself Stability, copy it onto nearby Allies."

Important wording difference from Phalanx Strength - this would directly copy durations and stacks so you can pulse it with Balanced Stance or have a fat stack with Dolyak Signet. 

---------------------

Personally I think the Tactics traitline is actually great but the problem is  - all these traits are competing with each other but you need all these effects to be a good support in 2021 GW2. So I would merge and remove some traits to make space for the above new Trait:

• Empowered (master minor) removed. Soldier's Comfort takes it's place as the minor. I don't think a pure PVE DPS trait belongs in Tactics.
  • Stand Together takes the slot Soldier's Comfort used to be in as an adept trait. 
  • Mending Might merged with Phalanx StrengthEmpower Allies shifts into the minor spot to take it's place. Bonus, now all the Marching Orders related traits are minors to synergize innately, except Martial Cadence.
  • Roaring Reveille moves into the master tier to take up where Empower Allies used to be. This now quite clearly separates "Boon Support" core Warrior from "Shout Heal", giving them space to make a pure support elite spec in either direction. 

This also frees up an adept trait slot to imagine any trait you want. Since I'm already invested in this fanfiction and dreaming big I'll just go ahead and create a new trait:

• Relief Duty - "Apply regen to allies you heal, that are above 15 Might stacks."

That synergizes with Soldier's Comfort which is now a minor as per the changes above. Either this kicks in slowly as you naturally build Might from Marching Orders, or you're running Phalanx Strength and it immediately kicks in. It's also relatively hard to use in PVP because from what I can tell they are deathly afraid of giving Warrior Regen or Prot in case it makes them OP or something.

Edited by Jzaku.9765

On 12/7/2021 at 4:12 AM, artharon.9276 said:

they lost their core team that made gw2 didnt they?

The original team that made Guild Wars Utopia/Guild Wars 2 all left after leadership lied and backtracked on the game design and philosophy.  It started before Guild Wars 2 launch and lasted till slightly after.  It has been a slow trickle out the door since then.

I did pre-order the expansion but these betas have left me wondering why.  At this point I am almost rooting for this expansion to be the final nail.

9 hours ago, Vanthian.9267 said:

The original team that made Guild Wars Utopia/Guild Wars 2 all left after leadership lied and backtracked on the game design and philosophy.  It started before Guild Wars 2 launch and lasted till slightly after.  It has been a slow trickle out the door since then.

I did pre-order the expansion but these betas have left me wondering why.  At this point I am almost rooting for this expansion to be the final nail.

To be fair, looking at other mmorpgs, I struggle to find one that can make me engage. So one reason for me to stick around. 

Another is,  it won't be a bad expansion for the people who don't play warrior. It also won't be a bad expansion for people who avoid pve raiding. So if you can close your eyes to their incompetent workers who turned warrior into garbage, I don't think you'll have any issue. 

I mean, the warrior forum was asking for either a RANGED spec with pistols or a SUPPORT spec long, long before EoD was ever announced.

We got more of the same... with MORE ROOTING!  

So, keeping using that Power Core Axe/GS build.  Keeping using that Berserker spec.  EoD is not looking to do anything remotely useful for Warrior, and the last Beta showed they have no ability, desire, or both to actually address the issues plaguing it...

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Please no more melee weapons though.

Isn't shortbow the only left weapon choice for a potentially ranged warrior elite spec then?

Unless they pull some really weird stuff like warriors using scepters as a signal weapon and the enemy gets then shot by arrows from random directions, like the warrrior would command a battalion of archers to attack a specific target.

Edited by Kodama.6453