Buff Pet damage by 500% while they're Unleashed in PvE.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Honestly damage is not enough tbh.

I would like to have proper stat scaling like the mechanist got paired with a complete balance pass for core or underperforming pets. Additionally give pets a breakbar in PvE, fix the quickness bug and standardize precision calculation for all pets.

Following this give all pet families at least some utility. Give bears a taunt, give pets a way to close gaps more effcicently, buff range on leaps and engage skills, give all pet families one form of CC or soft CC. We need utility for the pets, give the damage to the ranger instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

If Untamed got that kind of buff, they would be on par with the main pet class of gw2, the mechanist... I don't think that makes any sense when rangers have their own thing. 🙃

This is sadly all too true. Saw healing mechanist in raid, it was a better healer while also providing much higher dps than a druid. They seem better in almost every way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, OGDeadHead.8326 said:

This is sadly all too true. Saw healing mechanist in raid, it was a better healer while also providing much higher dps than a druid. They seem better in almost every way.

unfortunately  Druid has never been the "healer" unless clueless pugs. It is still being used because of the spirits/spotter and free might. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Sad 2

On 12/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Druid is only used in raids anyway... the 1% of the 1% of the gamemodes... Anet things.... 

Anet seems to be weirdly fine with the situation of druid to this point.

If this is the case, then we need more communication from Anet WHY they are fine with specific things being in the state they are. For druid, maybe it is simply because the class is actually played alot even outside of raids...

The very big majority of players in this game are casual open world enjoyers. And I see druid being used fairly regularly in open world, even if I always wonder why people use it there. Maybe it is a class fantasy thing. Ranger is fairly popular as a class in the general playerbase of this game and maybe many people just enjoy being the nature mage drawing power from the stars?

So maybe anet doesn't change druid because they see no reason to change it, since it is played alot anyway or something. If this is the case, we need to hear it from them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If this is the case, then we need more communication from Anet WHY they are fine with specific things being in the state they are. For druid, maybe it is simply because the class is actually played alot even outside of raids...

The very big majority of players in this game are casual open world enjoyers. And I see druid being used fairly regularly in open world, even if I always wonder why people use it there. Maybe it is a class fantasy thing. Ranger is fairly popular as a class in the general playerbase of this game and maybe many people just enjoy being the nature mage drawing power from the stars?

So maybe anet doesn't change druid because they see no reason to change it, since it is played alot anyway or something. If this is the case, we need to hear it from them.

Druid is fairly used in WvW, I have 2 often used builds :one power and other full support. The druid is fine  up to a maximum of 6 people, above that it will struggle to stay alive while offering support if being focused, at the difference of other meta support specs, a druid hasn't got access to amazing stability uptime or 50% dmg reduction utilities so...a druid main way to avoid death is to stealth and move away...which is again the big misconception about rangers, they mostly stay alive by avoiding damage even if they can be rather decent at getting a beating, we're still not on the same level of scrappers/holos/firebrand

Now Untamed has dmg reduction traits and utilities, which in theory should make it more durable than druid power wise for frontline duties

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Its because that's what the spec was meant for

Anet had no real intention for it to be used anywhere else and it's why they never came up with a clever solution to the problems it caused in pvp, instead opting to just remove it via hard nerfing

They could have fixed it's bunker capability but kept the team support in pvp by severely reducing it's self healing %

They could have made it worth a kitten in wvw by making CA a mode you toggle and removing the limited timer, offering up some kind of trade off like the pvp "little self healing" or an increase in damage taken while in CA

They did neither because all that matters is it's still a heal bot pick in raids and that's enough for them apparently

The possibility that it's secretly used a lot in other areas seems incredibly unlikely

I don;t think I've seen someone run around with that little sun icon on them outside of EotN or the raid staging area in years

10 hours ago, Substance E.4852 said:

Its because that's what the spec was meant for

Anet had no real intention for it to be used anywhere else and it's why they never came up with a clever solution to the problems it caused in pvp, instead opting to just remove it via hard nerfing

They could have fixed it's bunker capability but kept the team support in pvp by severely reducing it's self healing %

They could have made it worth a kitten in wvw by making CA a mode you toggle and removing the limited timer, offering up some kind of trade off like the pvp "little self healing" or an increase in damage taken while in CA

They did neither because all that matters is it's still a heal bot pick in raids and that's enough for them apparently

The possibility that it's secretly used a lot in other areas seems incredibly unlikely

I don;t think I've seen someone run around with that little sun icon on them outside of EotN or the raid staging area in years

Quite a few WVW roamers use druid because they think it will save them but experienced players run soulbeast. One of the players on my server was playing druid with commander's gear for the longest time and refused to switch to soulbeast (they weren't very welcome in most squads). There's condi druid roamers as well ; decap druid is the likely use for the spec in PVP.

Since Celestial Avatar is the same recharge in WVW as in PVE the main thing that needs to happen is astral force rebalance (it wasn't after Feb 2020 competitive split) and pet stow.

Edited by Infusion.7149

I would not say “quite a few”. I don’t know in NA but in EU druid is a very rare occurrence in wvw, and usually condi variants with the most annoying traits in the game ancient seeds. 

Untamed definitely does not feel like it is designed for wvw thou. I think @Kodama.6453is right, it would be nice for anet to pronounce themselves about which uses do they intend for each elite as ranger seems like a constant miss. 

Soulbeast is working just because by some miracle some traits and effects aligned correctly yet apparently Anet devs did not anticipated those, as proven by the blind nerfs the elite has suffered.
Whenever they nerf the trait or skill on which all depends,  soulbeast will become another failure of an elite to join druid and what I’m afraid it will happen with untamed too.