for god sake nerf rezzing

The problem isn't ressing, its that you don't need a healer to do it unlike in other games.

This makes sense in PvE, which is always cooperative, and some sense in WvW as you can't depend on a specific combination of classes, but with every class now having viable support builds as of EoD, including Thief, there's no excuse for you to not need a healer on your team in order to revive teammates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

after hundreds of games on poisonbeast I have not seen poison deny a single signet revive.
in theory it can work but in practice it doesnt do jack, even against the hand reviving.
it gets powered through or just cleansed.

I've seen plenty of my signets, glyphs or banners denied by poison. The most got denied by simple Herald "ultimate" throwing bodies mid cast (as forcing to stow = countering cast = delaying by 3 more seconds to recast = dealing with dead body).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I've seen plenty of my signets, glyphs or banners denied by poison. The most got denied by simple Herald "ultimate" throwing bodies mid cast (as forcing to stow = countering cast = delaying by 3 more seconds to recast = dealing with dead body).

then you should consider learning how to move aoe during cast time.
I know for a fact this can be done

4 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Make poison -66% healing on downstates. That is all.

...or make Chronomancer interrupts go thru Stability like Thiefs Steal does? Buffing poison = buffing necromancers, don't think its what everyone is asking lately. It would also force everyone to play Sigil of Doom, which would be dumb.

Other option (which doesn't exclude first one) would be redesigning some less of played Elites like Signet of Humility to also act like Battle Standard or Impact Strike does on downed enemies. It gives counterplay to revive skills, but would be tradeoff as it would force someone to pick weaker Elite.

Giving players more choices on less played classes and specialization can bring diversity, while nerfing stuff removes more and more of it.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

I know ele can do it with rez glyph so nope, I dont know how its dont but I know it can be done

That skill doesn't work like any other revives. Its actually four separate skills depending on the attunement, and all of them behave differently. You're referring to the Earth Attunement revive, which is a massive area PBAoE that revives three allies. You can't retarget skills that are already casting.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewal_of_Earth

Edited by Hannelore.8153

6 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

That skill doesn't work like any other revives. Its actually four separate skills depending on the attunement, and all of them behave differently. You're referring to the Earth Attunement revive, which is a massive area PBAoE that revives three allies. You can't retarget skills that are already casting.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewal_of_Earth

you can

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

...or make Chronomancer interrupts go thru Stability like Thiefs Steal does? Buffing poison = buffing necromancers, don't think its what everyone is asking lately. It would also force everyone to play Sigil of Doom, which would be dumb.

Other option (which doesn't exclude first one) would be redesigning some less of played Elites like Signet of Humility to also act like Battle Standard or Impact Strike does on downed enemies. It gives counterplay to revive skills, but would be tradeoff as it would force someone to pick weaker Elite.

Giving players more choices on less played classes and specialization can bring diversity, while nerfing stuff removes more and more of it.

*Imagining dropping supply crate on downed person, hearing a cartoon *splat* noise then a mysterious flag appears on their chest* 

Mmm.. Yes, I approve of this proposal.

Edited by Kuma.1503

A decent change would be to make downed players keep all the condis that were on them. Super weird that being downed cleanses everything. Then make rezzing scale (slightly) off of healing power in a way that nerfs 0 healing power rezzing by...I dunno, 5-10% and buffs rezzing with HP amulets by 5-10%.

• Like 4

I don't understand why there isn't at least a debuff after being rezzed. Like for 15-20 seconds after being rezzed you do 33% less damage and take 15% more damage and if you're downed again during this time you're full downed. That way if you get a rez off it's in your best interest to disengage until the debuff is gone. Getting the rez would be worth it still as it saves and respawn timer and they can still rotate and apply map pressure, but they'll virtually be taken out of that specific fight and be punished heavily if immediately going back in. 

Personally my only issue with the rez mechanic is that they're recovering cd's while downed and if they get rezzed, they  can immediately push back in after popping a heal or something. Then if they get downed again, just repeat the process. 

Edited by Zexanima.7851
  • Like 2

Downmode need to rework. Give some basic downmode skills to every class like warriors one. Dont allow to players rezzing eachother in PvP and WvW. Let them stay on dowmode with basic warrior skills but still able to rallying. This is the best solution without removing it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

slightly early monthly reminder to nerf hand rezzing, and also signet rezzes cause relying on daredevil to be the only one capable of interrupting guard rez is kitten

And don't forget to also nerf finishing alongside with reviving.

Edited by Fueki.4753