My expectation was wrong about WvW restructuring/Alliance

SweetPotato.7456

4 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

What are you even talking about? every time you reply to my post, you confused me. Don't put words in my post that does not belong there.

SoS didn't stack for 9 Years as the other person claimed.  I am merely pointing out that isn't the truth. 

They didn't claim SOS stacked for 9 years.  They claimed that SOS's OCX is stacked.
You are confused because you didn't read what Xenesis wrote before responding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

SoS OCX / Sea never stack like this if you want to be so specific. I observe, it never was like this.

But OCX did.  It's a historical fact so your observation is flawed.  Both SoS and IoJ were considered among the "unofficial" OCX servers so a large amount of OCX players started there at launch.  Within a year of launch, a lot of IoJ's OCX transferred to FA and SoR in order to stay in the upper tiers (as SoR was replacing IoJ in T1).  That left SoS remaining as the top destination for OCX players over the years.  And that history is why SoS continues to this day to have a larger OCX population than most other servers.

These OCX players on SoS aren't just coming from anywhere.  They've been there for a long time and SoS still has a reputation as a destination for OCX players.  All it takes is an OCX-based tag to organize them and the pugs and they rise.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Sea-of-Sorrows-welcomes-American-guilds
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Oceanic-Server

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Ugh these forums... 😑

Yea it gets exhausting having to go over basic facts that you'd expect most people here to already know.  Really confusing to readers for someone to write as if their limited personal observation is some sort of wider truth. 😛

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah lets keep servers and relinks cause they work so well and bandwagons and bad links don't happen at all... 🙄

https://i.imgur.com/zXUzf22.jpg

You obviously don't know the history of wvw, nor understand why the idea for alliances came to be, why it's needed in the form it's coming in.  If you don't want to understand then so be it, you can plug your ears and go lalalala all you want, alliances are coming, either prepare for it, or get left in the random void.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 1/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Here's the thing, if they all stack on ppt-ing [nice] guild instead of spreading out, then Alliance is a waste of time.
Had a glimpse of this when faced them in beta.

I suspect that the determining factor in whether a team has a night crew will be whether or not they also have a Commander.

15 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You have made a false claim, I merely pointed it out because it is inaccurate,
if that is my screenshot you show me, that is a LAST WEEK THING

Don't care if you think it's false, cause I was on that server, you weren't. You have no clue on the history of wvw, don't come in here trying to correct anyone when you don't even have those facts.

That's my screenshot of our awesome linked servers getting double team k-trained 9pm prime time tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:16 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well it's always hard to define since the many reasons WvW is bad seem to be:

- There's too much fighting.
- There's too much PPT. 
- Enemies always outnumber.
- There's no enemies.
- Nobody cares about winning. 
- Everybody on the server sucks because we didnt win.
- Objectives are too hard to take.
- Objectives are to easy to take.
- There's too much condi. 
- There's too many minstrel scrappers/firebrands.
- There's too many rangers.
- Ranged doesnt work due to projectile hate.
- Clouding sucks, bring only zerg builds.
- The zerg sucks, dying to clouders.
- Revive is the worst thing ever.
- Everyone bring revive signets and stack to res.
- There are no tags.
- There's too many tags someone tag off.
- We need a Discord tag to fight them.
- Discord gives unfair advantage.
- The enemy brought a zoneblob so they suck at fighting.
- Need everyone on the map to stack on com so we can fight.
- There are no guilds.
- Only guilds are on the border.
- Nobody responds to scouts.
- Scouts dont say anything.
etc

In my experience the question is who is playing and what expectations/playing style the player has. As an example, imagine the enemy is hiding behind walls and does not come out. A "fight player" will say "dead game, nothing to fight", another player will say "nice, we can take down some walls". Where the WvW community is in my eyes failing is to bring the different directions together. We can improve all of our playing experience if we talk with each other and find common solutions for everyone.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:15 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

If world restructuring considers which hours of the day an account plays the most and not only average playtime, it would be possible to dynamically create teams with good 24 hr coverage. Timezone is something Anet said they'd consider later.

I have little faith in Anet's "soon"

None at all in their "later"

As far as I'm concerned restructuring is a flop-by-design

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I have little faith in Anet's "soon"

None at all in their "later"

As far as I'm concerned restructuring is a flop-by-design

The point of my post wasn't to express any fantasy around "soon" or "later".  It was to explain how the system they told us about already will support this idea: "Find a way to fill up the night shift time zone."

And it's more likely to get implemented than other suggestions.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The point of my post wasn't to express any fantasy around "soon" or "later".  It was to explain how the system they told us about already will support this idea: "Find a way to fill up the night shift time zone."

And it's more likely to get implemented than other suggestions.

While i quoted you it wasn't a placement of blame.

It was more dissatisfaction with this day 1 issue finally being dealt with... but in an act first, come up with a plan later sort of way.

This game is not new.

The rework is not new.

I'm not holding on for "we don't know yet" or anything of the sort.

18 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yeah lets keep servers and relinks cause they work so well and bandwagons and bad links don't happen at all... 🙄

https://i.imgur.com/zXUzf22.jpg

You obviously don't know the history of wvw, nor understand why the idea for alliances came to be, why it's needed in the form it's coming in.  If you don't want to understand then so be it, you can plug your ears and go lalalala all you want, alliances are coming, either prepare for it, or get left in the random void.

That was painfully cringy, especially considering you have no idea how anything will work since we've only had a couple of shoddy half assed betas so far after a decade of kittening off and a couple of years of dragging feet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LetoII.3782 said:

While i quoted you it wasn't a placement of blame.

It was more dissatisfaction with this day 1 issue finally being dealt with... but in an act first, come up with a plan later sort of way.

This game is not new.

The rework is not new.

I'm not holding on for "we don't know yet" or anything of the sort.

Totally agree.  Given the years, it's just not worth the effort to get emotionally attached about it.

4 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Short of gaslighting OCX players into believing their clocks are all wrong, you ain't gonna "fix" overnight populations. Unless you wanna do something overly draconian like harshly limit the number of players in USA/EU prime time too, to make it fair and consistent with the limits to OCX. 

Other games of the sort have managed to disincentive stacking without causing the already planned community disruption that even Anrt knows wont address the issue. While you might be an advocate of the status quo, to claim the issue unsolvable is to be a poor student of history.

37 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Other games of the sort have managed to disincentive stacking without causing the already planned community disruption that even Anrt knows wont address the issue. While you might be an advocate of the status quo, to claim the issue unsolvable is to be a poor student of history.

Which games are that?

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Which games are that?

Warhammer Online had a system of diminishing rewards for the ournumbering side and increasing for the holdouts on the losing side  not a big reward, but it doesn't take much to incentivize those with multiple accounts.

2 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Warhammer Online had a system of diminishing rewards for the ournumbering side and increasing for the holdouts on the losing side  not a big reward, but it doesn't take much to incentivize those with multiple accounts.

The key there is diminishing rewards for the outnumbering side. Doesn't exactly exist in this game, well other than having less players to kill and diminishing loot on players killed too much in a small span of time, but not exactly something to deter stacking. I guess pips would have counted as increasing for those on the opposite end, or magic find now I guess 🤭

Most games usually only handle this by adding bonuses to the losing or underpopulated sides. Planetside did the same thing.

6 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

It was originally bannable to xrealm on warhammer online, then they had lockout timers and diminishing rewards and it made no difference. Diminished rewards are still more than no rewards 😄 and you don't have to pay as much attention.

The thing I notice with gw2 is that they keep adding rewards or an easier time of it to the already winning side. You don't need to incentivise the winning side - winning is it's own reward... you need to be incentivising the losing side to keep coming.  Sadly this is not the case and alliances will for sure not fix that.

35 minutes ago, Luranni.9470 said:

😄You don't need to incentivise the winning side - winning is it's own reward... you need to be incentivising the losing side to keep coming.  Sadly this is not the case and alliances will for sure not fix that.

Exactly.

By not disincentivizing stacking, you incenticize it.

And you end up with each server having its own skirmish of glory and matches are played in shifts

5 hours ago, Luranni.9470 said:

The thing I notice with gw2 is that they keep adding rewards or an easier time of it to the already winning side. You don't need to incentivise the winning side - winning is it's own reward... you need to be incentivising the losing side to keep coming.  Sadly this is not the case and alliances will for sure not fix that.

kitten, I think I missed that in the post on the previous page, since there's been recent thread where they argued that winning need to be rewarding. Oh well the dichotomy death of GW2 continue I suppose.