My expectation was wrong about WvW restructuring/Alliance

SweetPotato.7456

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

kitten, I think I missed that in the post on the previous page, since there's been recent thread where they argued that winning need to be rewarding. Oh well the dichotomy death of GW2 continue I suppose. 

This is the same point some of us have been trying to make about outnumbered. Its not about helping pip hunters, its about supporting those still trying to fight it out while outnumbered against the odds. Its not about people in spawn but those actually playing. Personally as said before you want to award for the team effort but in an ideal system also award for the individual effort. Put aside the farmers/people gaming the system for minute and focus on how to make the active player base feel more rewarded by whatever means for their active time in game. People love to chase numbers and time and reward and find things related to that entertaining while they play. Create goals around that and then even in losing people win. 

And as a former a Choppa, a hearty WAAAGH to the other WAR players. GW2 3 sided system has a better chance of balance play then Warhammer's two sided system but it tends to encourages 2 & 3 to fight versus them to attack the first place which should be encouraged. Again team should be encouraged to win as a team but it almost should be more rewarding for the player to defeat the biggest threat so reward more for attacking the biggest side and that continual rotation might drive more balanced fights. But again more theory and how to apply needs more consideration and coffee, speaking out which I am out. Good hunting.  

On 1/8/2022 at 12:03 AM, LetoII.3782 said:

Other games of the sort have managed to disincentive stacking without causing the already planned community disruption that even Anrt knows wont address the issue. While you might be an advocate of the status quo, to claim the issue unsolvable is to be a poor student of history.

I'm not an advocate of the status quo, I just don't see how you're going to fix OCX having a different prime time to EU/USA without penalizing them for daring to want to play together in their own free time. If you introduce disincentives to stacking in your off hours, you will penalize them for playing in their prime time. Would you accept similar disincentives in your prime time if your server is overstacked? then you have the issue that that disincentive would always apply during their prime time, almost no matter how many players the opposition has. The only solution that will work 100% would be to give OCR it's own server status like USA and EU have. But we all know that won't happen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

That's my point, any disincentive you add to stacking servers disproportionately affects OCR players because their prime time is when you sleep. It ain't all about you, my dude. 

I think you're both missing each other's point.

He's saying NA players don't affect what decisions the OCX players make to stack on specific servers because NA/EU players don't generally play in the OCX timezone.  If you're dominating another server in the OCX timezone, likely it's your fellow OCX players you are running over.

What he said is not all that much different from you saying OCX needs it's own set of servers.  If there were a set of OCX servers, Anet would still need to disincentivize stacking and get OCX players to spread out evenly amongst themselves.

Edited by Chaba.5410

40 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I think you're both missing each other's point.

He's saying NA players don't affect what decisions the OCX players make to stack on specific servers because NA/EU players don't generally play in the OCX timezone.  If you're dominating another server in the OCX timezone, likely it's your fellow OCX players you are running over.

What he said is not all that much different from you saying OCX needs it's own set of servers.  If there were a set of OCX servers, Anet would still need to disincentivize stacking and get OCX players to spread out evenly amongst themselves.

What I'm saying is that they can play together, but it might be more fun if some of them found reason to be on the other teams.

They're hardly the only timezone facing coverage gaps on some servers at this point xD

what even is SEA time? australia probably has their prime during 7-11am EU time, that's kinda yeee, not where most people outside of ppt germans and other early birds play

gmt+1 time, EU starts first runs at weekends maybe at 10am,  but our normal prime time is 7pm to midnight during the week.

beta sofar on EU griffonfall (blues),  seven pines (our server) had literally content till 3am today, started again at 10am~ and still going with constant tags, its 3am atm. most of the strongest EU guilds are stacked in our matchup on blues and us, so quite balanced.

[idk greens name in our matchup, but that world seems to be full of roamers and ppters. kinda makes sense, as they are also having a ton of play hours/activity count, but normally are used to leech content from some organized groups fighting - i don't think they atm have any coordinated groups in their matchups, they only ppt and roam-gank around]

• Like 1
  • Confused 1