Mechanist and other mid-armor e specs (specter and untamed) are now on Build editor!

SeTect.5918

Hey guys,
now that Mechanist is on Build editor (http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/)...
...I am curious what builds you will play!

My personal favs:

Condi dps Mechanist:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAkqlxy6YcMYWMOWL5xaA-zRRYfBBbGNcPlRHFQIJgmXkgYD8A-e

Open World Mechanist:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAkqlxy6YtMYWMWyT6xaA-zRRYcBBTGNcPlRCJQHFg2DA-e

I may change the builds after Eod drops because of new stat combinations and runes or trait changes.
However I may change overclock signet with mortar kit.

Whatever, I am curious how your builds will look like. I would like to see some interesting builds. 😄

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

• SeTect.5918 changed the title to Mechanist and other mid-armor e specs (specter and untamed) are now on Build editor!

kitten these signets seem pretty powerful.

I'm trying to make an open world condi mechanist but I'm having trouble fitting in might generation.  If I take the might gen from t1 then mech loses his bleed attack but if the engineer provides most of the condi dps then it might be worth it.

Barrier signet and heal signet combined with the signet GM trait and elite signet seem really powerful defensively.

Wow I hadn't looked at the builds in the OP but the open world condi build I was working on is almost identical to yours lol. Exact same utilities and even used perplexity runes.  It's a nice build but I'm hoping to find a way to add might generation.

@Stx.4857Its possible to earn a good might uptime due to combos with engineer, however its not so easy with mechanist bc we lose toolbelt skills so "Big_Ol'_Bomb" However if you do flamethrower 4 and then flamethrower 2 on the field, you get 20 seconds 3 stacks of might (more with concentration). However I cant see anything else that gives might too. Engineer really lacks in might generation out of elexirs. Holo brought some might on traits and Scrapper on hammer skills. Mechanist has the 1 trait there but its in support traitline and a dmg loss.

Thats a bit of a problem if you want to get good might generation. However yes you can use the t1 trait for might and I think it will bring a lot of might. Its supporting the "healing on boon - trait" tho. So its a dps loss for sustain.

So I think you have to think about what you need more, sustain or dps. I think both traits a pretty good.

Btw for the thing with Signets...Yes signets are pretty powerful because I think some r made to replace kits to avoid 5 kit builds. However because the signet trait is in the power traitline it doesnt work properly and thats why superconducting signet isnt used in dps builds atm (bc you lose the 10% - or 12% - condi dmg buff if you activate the signet, unless you choose the signet trait of power traitline)

Edited by SeTect.5918

I didn't get to play it at all, so I really have no idea how it would function with what I built, but here's what I came up with (for WvW).

Low recharge on that Mace skill leap is nice. With that, the teleport from the Signet, and Acid Bomb, mobility isn't too bad. I don't know how much damage the Mech would do, but with how many CC's this build has (6 !), it shouldn't be too hard to just CC wombo-combo people to death if you plan it right.

I imagine it's going to be very awkward to use, and I obviously don't see this being good in zergs or scales anything above 10 v 10, but it may be a decent 1v1/X fighter. Condi removal is decent, mobility is decent, it looks pretty durable to me, damage is probably plenty albeit reliant on landing CC's, and Buster Cannon looks like it might be a good executor. 

May end up being garbage, it's hard to say since I never got a feel for cast times or skill damage, but it looks good to me.

5 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

...I am curious what builds you will play!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeABk6lrlFw+YWMYWMWeXnRbA-zRRYNBbm03OjAlCtsCc1sE20G-e

Basically utilizing  Power Wrench to maintain a nearly 100 % uptime of the mech. When it dies, re-summon it with the elite skill. With all the endurance-recovery you can shrink the cooldown of the signet to an absolute minimum. Tested this during the betas, works well, imo too well. 

The rune-set, once again none of the usual suspects, offers a good power/condition balance and helps with the Power Wrench utilization. Sigil of Severance is the most underrated and most broken sigil I have ever seen in GW2. Fits perfectly into any CC heavy build and helps saving precision stats. 

Note: It is technically possible to reduce the cooldown even further, utilizing the Sigil of Frenzy

Any questions? ^^

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870

1 hour ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

I'm reasonably sure I tried this and that it didn't do so.

@Stx.4857quoted one very much seems to be right, Build editor also says that mech attack bleed doesn't give might. If you hover over pistol auto attack while having "Sanguine Array" traited, you can see that pistol auto attack will grant might. However, if you hover over f1 of mech, you will see that there is no might even if it inflicts 8 stacks of bleed. 

So no might from bleed that comes from mech attacks. I'm sorry. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1

Mechanist is the first time I am dipping my toes in the Engineering pool.  I just love the design.  Here is what I am looking into and hopefully to replace as my main.  For Open World/Story and WvW Roaming/Small scale.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PekAk6lZwWYusWWMeqWrxdA-z1IY1oh/M6WBEuEQnTjEGtA-w

Going for a tanky/sustain approach with Cele gear and Herald runes.  I am unsure if the interrupts from the Mech will apply with Absorption and Draining sigils. 

I am very much new to building so welcome any feedback.

Edited by Rysdude.3824

Funny enough, my open world build looked exactly like yours minus the runes. I was still using Balthazar rune for the fire duration. 

I'll probably play some power grenadier Mechanist. I know power is bad since the massive nerf it received, I know I have an almost full set of Viper armor but I just dont like condi build in general. Once my leg armour and backpack will be done (which will probably take me the entire year rip) I'll try experimenting more on alac support.

But as of right now, I am just hoping Anet will undo the power nerf on the Mechanist. 

• Like 1

Just to spoil the mood for some PvE soloists...
Keep in mind that the Mech will never be able to keep aggro from bosses that seek defence (Balthazar Hero Point for example) because the Mech will always have less defence than the Mechanist, even worse a melee weapon and a shield will raise even more your aggro.
Unless ANet changes something, there is no way to raise the Mech's defense over the Mechanist's one, so you will be the target for the whole fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PekAk6lZwWYusWWMeqWrxdA-z1IY1oh/M6WBEuEQnTjEGtA-w

I am very much new to building so welcome any feedback.

Hey, I looked a bit on ur build and would say that you should get away from turrets. 

I also dont think that interrupt sigils will proc on mech ccs.

Celestial stats are very good but they also support condi dmg builds pretty well so i would use grenade kit or flamethrower instead of turret. - to make the stats useful and kits are always a good option on engineer 

I also think you need a bit more dps so I would replace tools with firearms. (Inventions is needed for protection, shield trait and condi cleanse since u want to use this in wvw) or you use other sigils and runes. You basically should try to get more crit chance.

So these steps:

1. Grenate kit or flamethrower instead of thumper turret

2. Firearms or explosions instead of Tools or more damage due to other stuff (you need more crit chance or fury sources). could also work with other runes and sigils

3. Maybe other sigils and runes.

4. Healing signet instead of healing turret

Everything else looks good (Overclock signet, barrier Signet, shift signet, weapon setup, mechanist traits, inventions traits (except turret trait), stat combinations....)

The main problems are basically... the turrets. And your crit chance. 

Hope this helped somehow 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Hey, I looked a bit on ur build and would say that you should get away from turrets. 

I also dont think that interrupt sigils will proc on mech ccs.

Celestial stats are very good but they also support condi dmg builds pretty well so i would use grenade kit or flamethrower instead of turret. - to make the stats useful and kits are always a good option on engineer 

I also think you need a bit more dps so I would replace tools with firearms. (Inventions is needed for protection, shield trait and condi cleanse since u want to use this in wvw) or you use other sigils and runes. You basically should try to get more crit chance.

So these steps:

1. Grenate kit or flamethrower instead of thumper turret

2. Firearms or explosions instead of Tools or more damage due to other stuff (you need more crit chance or fury sources). could also work with other runes and sigils

3. Maybe other sigils and runes.

4. Healing signet instead of healing turret

Everything else looks good (Overclock signet, barrier Signet, shift signet, weapon setup, mechanist traits, inventions traits (except turret trait), stat combinations....)

The main problems are basically... the turrets. And your crit chance. 

Hope this helped somehow 

Thank you!

This is a dumb build I'll play for probably the first week of EoD.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAk6Rlxy0YvMXWMOsXVxPA-zRIYR01XGBWFVkK6PA-e

It likely only works in the open world and likely doesn't deal any respectable DPS, but having double Aim-Assisted Rockets is pretty fun to see. The main idea is to have the Golem hold aggro while the Mech and I hit from range.  Hopefully Anet makes the Mech inherit 50% power again so Power Mechanist isn't relegated solely to meme builds

On 2/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, hash.8462 said:

even worse a melee weapon and a shield will raise even more your aggro

Melee weapons do nothing for your aggro. Shields add Defense, not Toughness, which does not raise your aggro.

Also, the mech starts with 2000 Toughness, which is 1000 more than players. It also takes your own toughness, as it is a mandatory trait. If standard toughness mechanic is in play, the mech will tank.

6 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

If standard toughness mechanic is in play, the mech will tank.

if the mech is like any other profession “minion”/“extension of the player”, i dont think it would be subject to toughness aggro mechanics. some ranger pets have high innate toughness, but 1005 toughness players can still hold aggro because this mechanic probably only applies to actual players

aggro management with the mech is probably much like every other player minion/pet/whatever, which afaik is mainly determined by who hits the target first (pve enemies will rarely just beeline to another target instead of the one that hit them) and who stays within closer range (enemies will not chase a player that maintains 1.2k range forever if there are easier targets to land a hit on). if you know how to and can get a ranger pet to tank, the mech is very likely to work in the same way

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Melee weapons do nothing for your aggro. Shields add Defense, not Toughness, which does not raise your aggro.

Also, the mech starts with 2000 Toughness, which is 1000 more than players. It also takes your own toughness, as it is a mandatory trait. If standard toughness mechanic is in play, the mech will tank.

Melee weapons by themselves don't, but dinstance from the enemy does, and since you can't fight ranged with a melee weapon...

Also, a lot of mobs dont just seek Toughness, but the whole Defence stat, and medium armor gives you an additional 1118 of defence + another 64 from the shield (ascended stats), the Mech has not a single chance to aggro those enemies.

By the way, I've tested Maguuma's HP both in the 1st and 2nd beta so I'm sure of it; in the 1st beta Mech base stats started from 1374 and was able to aggro at every HP, in 2nd beta the mech lost the extra 374 points so base stats started from 1000 and the Mech wasn't able to keep aggro anymore, not a single time.

Edited by hash.8462
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Melee weapons by themselves don't, but dinstance from the enemy does, and since you can't fight ranged with a melee weapon...

Also, a lot of mobs dont just seek Toughness, but the whole Defence stat, and medium armor gives you an additional 1118 of defence + another 64 from the shield (ascended stats), the Mech has not a single chance to aggro those enemies.

By the way, I've tested Maguuma's HP both in the 1st and 2nd beta so I'm sure of it; in the 1st beta Mech base stats started from 1374 and was able to aggro at every HP, in 2nd beta the mech lost the extra 374 points so base stats started from 1000 and the Mech wasn't able to keep aggro anymore, not a single time.

My experience as well.  

In the first beta I ran a power rifle build, and the mech always had aggro, except for those rare mobs that ignore pets. Second beta rolls around with its stat changes to the mech, and it wasn't long before I dropped the rifle - and power - for a mace/pistol condi build. Still fun, but very different than the first beta.

I had expected a stats nerf after the first beta, but naively hadn't expected such a heavy handed approach. My guess (and fear) is that was just the first gutting our jade pal is going to receive, making the the investment of time and gold a waste; at least in the short term.

12 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

Also, a lot of mobs dont just seek Toughness, but the whole Defence stat

You can stretch melee a fair bit, though.

Not a single enemy in the game seeks Defense instead of Toughness. If you claim otherwise, name one.

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

You can stretch melee a fair bit, though.

Not a single enemy in the game seeks Defense instead of Toughness. If you claim otherwise, name one.

Champion Avatar of Balthazar (Balthazar HP in Maguuma), but there are many many others.

Really easy to check using a ranger, use a pet with higher defence than you (Rock Gazelle for example) and the pet will get aggro and tank for you, use a pet with higher toughness than you but lower defence and you will always be the target.