The infinite many problems with the most recent design changes and philosophies revealed by Anet and Gw2 for EoD.

21 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Also the buying alt accounts complaint never made sense.  If you want gold just buy it directly from the gemstore; if one really wanted to whale, why would they buy 20 accounts to alt when they can drop a couple hundred bucks and hit same result? That's the nature of the model and really has nothing to do with the overall game itself. 

If you are swiping a card for gold, it is more efficient to instead get an alt account and collect the daily login rewards. It only takes a few months for it to net you more gold than having traded the gems for gold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you are swiping a card for gold, it is more efficient to instead get an alt account and collect the daily login rewards. It only takes a few months for it to net you more gold than having traded the gems for gold.

Yeah, if you buy an account at $15 (about 1200 gems) That's only 451 gold right now. The 20 mystic coins alone is 34 gold at current TP rates, which means the account pays for itself in 13 months just from mystic coins, and this isn't accounting for laurels and crafting mats and access to dailies and such. Buying an alt account pays of faster than a lot of stuff on the gem store like unbreakable gathering tools or the copper fed. 

16 minutes ago, Falconwing.8105 said:

Yeah, if you buy an account at $15 (about 1200 gems) That's only 451 gold right now. The 20 mystic coins alone is 34 gold at current TP rates, which means the account pays for itself in 13 months just from mystic coins, and this isn't accounting for laurels and crafting mats and access to dailies and such. Buying an alt account pays of faster than a lot of stuff on the gem store like unbreakable gathering tools or the copper fed. 

I think my first alt account made me 230 gold the first month I had it.

Turns out alt account logins are the most efficient farming method...

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Alquinon.2957 said:

Snip

From this part I'm speculating that Anet, for some reason unknown to me, wants to push people towards more 10 man content instead of 5 man content like fractals. This is the vibe I'm getting from reading this part, but of course they can't outright say that and cause more outrage similar to when they killed off dungeons.

And still they want to nerf most 10 buff skills into 5, so people go mirrored comps.

Most players want to play dps since those just focus on boss and wack as much as possible.

The supports are usualy the ones who take care of mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

According to GW2Spidy 1g is 0.07 USD, meaning 1k gold is $70.  I'd honestly rather spend that then buy an alt account and have to login for mystic coins--but that's just me.  

I've never bought gold though as to me gold is the least important thing in this game.  Over the years I've stockpiled enough coins and clovers to make legendaries when I want, but that's only because I was willing to wait years for them. 

I personally wouldn't have the patience to login daily on multiple accounts or the gull to make/use a login script and risk getting banned, so gold conversion would be the way to go for me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think the philosophy of making the game accessible for anyone and inviting for people who don’t really know how to play is good only to certain limit. And this limit has been breached long ago in this game. The feeling of achievement and exclusiveness related to work you put into harder content is just ever shrinking. Also they are much more consistent with releasing gemstore chair and skins than actually looking at making the game challenging and rewarding. Hopefully they do something about it but I’m not holding my breath

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

On 2/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, Ayakaru.6583 said:

Why does the main post have a black font.

Completely unreadable

I keep trying to explain that to people that, if they create their post in an external text editor, it will copy its text format (including the font color), while the forum's own editor sets the font color automatically, according to the user's forum theme setting.

But I keep getting confused emoji reactions, because people seem to have missed the announcement from last summer:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Banryuu.2156 said:

Isn't that the goal? To make them more accessable, lower the price of them to everybody can afford them in their legendary items?

Not quite, no.

A more equal destribution, yes. But this won't lower the price - it would be silly if it did, because getting legendaries is supposed to be a hard, long journey - that's why they are called legendaries. 😉

• Confused 5