What to do!

Kanimae.1735

Hello!

I am in a bit of a bind. I want to make a new character and have only dabbled into all the stories here and there. With EOD dropping tomorrow I was wondering, once I hit 80, should I go straight to the new story and stuff while it's hot or should I take my time and do all the stories before it?

I kind of want to do things in order but I am a bit fearful that once I reach EOD (however long that may take!) it's not hot and new anymore. I do kind of want to tackle the content while there's lots of other players doing the same.

What would be the best course of action? Please and thank you!

Both are valid choices.

If you go straight into EoD before doing previous storylines you will get spoilers because everything is written as if your character has done all the previous storylines so there will be references to past events. But whether that's a problem or not depends on you. If you don't mind seeing spoilers for past stories and maybe not knowing what's going on in parts of the EoD story or who some of the characters are it won't be a problem.

Similarly while it will be busier early on I find there's pros and cons to that. Large events will be completed more easily and regularly, potentially without having to use LFG to find a group or ask people to help you, but sometimes it can be annoying to have a lot of people around. Some hearts and things can be harder to do when there's dozens of people competing for the same enemies (although I'm not sure if EoD maps have hearts) and when you need to speak to or watch NPCs in open world maps it may be hard to see them with loads of players crowded around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Story wise it might matter, but up to you.  For me, I would go straight to EoD because I want to see the new land. Seeing when it is brand new and busy can be fun.  But... I do not let the story get in the way of my fun.  I play GW2 like a sandbox game and could not care less about the story (so I am biased ha ha).  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are keen on completing meta achievements (e.g., PoF Act 2, or War Eternal in S4), you will probably have an easier time recruiting people to help you out by doing EoD earlier than later. I would not be overly worried about how 'new' stuff is. HoT metas are still some of the most popular in the whole game years after release and even S3 and S4 maps can get quite populated if their respective dailies (on a 6-day cycle) are on. PoF has not aged as well, but I still see reasonable activity in its core maps.

It is unclear from your description how much post-core Tyria stuff you have done. Got gliding? Basic mounts? Griffon? Skyscale? I'd feel really left behind without those in EoD.

Edited by Harfang.1507
  • Thanks 2