Gamebreaking: Weight of the world

I've had several different issues with this instance.

1. By interacting with batteries "out of order" of how the game wants you to progress the puzzle causes there to be one less battery available to access Joon's workshop. You can get the stairs to go up, but you're unable to power the battery at the top of the stairs. Leaving the instance via exit or logout reset it and Taimi.
  2. After entering Joon's Workshop, when she shuffles the trapdoors around, not all of the stair variants come up as they should.
  3. The jade constructs she summons either do not all appear or do not move (can't damage them either).

These bugs are preventing me from progressing the story.

• Like 2

I have similar issues:

First, in the very first room where you have to investigate the left and right wing, Taimi did not talk to me and I could not go ahead,

I had to restart the mission once.

Then: In the very last room when you talk to Joon, you have to fight the bots + destroy the lasers to open the Jade wall to Joon. I think it was the fourth wave when I suddenly got stuck in box that rose from the floor. I could not teleport out with any Rev skills or clip through it. I had to restart the mission again.

I submitted a ticket ingame to support. Now I wait until it's fixed. I don't want to be stuck again as this mission takes too long to do it 3-4 times in a row... 😕

Edited by maxmanov.5279
More precise
  • Like 3

I just had a bug with this:

After the lever and green wall room on 2nd floor and getting all four batteries I slotted 3 downstairs and then grabbed the upstairs one that was used to open that security wall room and flew it to the last door but I didn't notice the forcefield and my bot died.

But when it died it deleted the battery it was holding from existence. It never respawned on the last spot holding it or anywhere else and I had to restart. Thankfully it was checkpointed~ it left me so confused for a while though until I redid it to confirm it was indeed a bug that deleted my 4th battery.

Edited by Doggie.3184

The last shield on battery since i could not  find i a way to disable the shield... i simple did  damage trough the shield.. with vampiric damage 100 damage per hit...  last battery destroyed game triggered the opening to Joon.

">:] i defeated a god and some elder dragons, its not a simple shield that will stop me."  Yao Chen on New Kaineng, 1335 AE.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, Kcquipor.6730 said:

When you die at "Destroy the final cores", you teleport outside the room without the option to enter again (jade wall blocks the entrance) and i'm stuck now, as an elementalist this is a gamebreaking issue and can't continue the story 😞 

Yep, got this too.  Actually, as there is no "leave the instance" door, and as esc isn't even bringing up the game menu, this REALLY breaks the game.  Had to ctl-alt-delete out.

Using the jade bot is brutal for my motion sickness.  Not worth reattempting until there's a fix for this problem, which bums me out.  I was really looking forward to finishing the story.  😒

Edited by Lyssia.4637

Same/similar issues.  Overload the system by killing mechs. Last mech wont die or disappears but the green swords are still visible. Tried 3/4 times now, maybe best to leave the story til the bugs are fixed.

Edited by Butch.5103
  • Like 1

Similar; after talking to NPC, I've a mech just sitting there that won't attack and that I can't damage.

Earlier in the episode, I also found myself hung up on one of the levers (room with the final core). At that point I managed to get free by using "/stuck". I tried that at the mech, but no joy.

Edit. I also couldn't chat in Guild chat after attempting to ask for advice, even after leaving the instance and then swapping toons.  I had to restart the client completely before that one cleared.

Edit 2: Fortunately, reentering the game put me back at the final fight, so trying again didn't take very long. It took me three more attempts before the game actually let me finish; every time it was one of the initial Jade Couriers that bugged. I tried swapping skills as well; swapped out my Necro's Corrosive Poison Cloud for a Summon. But at least I'm through it. Could be a while before an alt gets that far, so hopefully It will get fixed before that.

Edited by Doghouse.1562
more detail

i finished all the puzzles and i was on the last stretch of defeating all the bots with shields when the floor moved again and basically locked me in the center of the room under the core. i cannot even die, I'm locked in a box made of floor. This is sadly a nightmare. i cannot even die to restart at my save point, completely blocking any progress. Who wants to do this over and over? and now I see this post that so many are getting the same thing. i sent a bug report with screen.  so this story has been bugged at least since Monday its now Sunday and no fix. I am just gonna tell my friends don't bother finishing their story, play another game. Anet hasn't fixed it yet.    

agree with TROLL..DO NOT START THIS PART OF THE STORY. I do not wish this aggravation for anyone else. 

Story: Weight of the world-Destroy the final core

p.s. only thing i can do is deploy my bot but their are no levers at this point. I'm trying to get killed and I cannot even do that. YES YES finally after 25 min I hugged a wall in the floor box and an enemy finally started attacking me!!! I have just died and now going to hopefully start from checkpoint. gl everyone, we all are gonna need it. lol what a mess. 

Update: after dying and going to check point I finished in 2 min maybe less. Hope this gets fixed so others do not go through this. 

Edited by Goddess Dana.5387
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Just an update. I was able to finish this part of the story today. I'm unsure if it was fixed or if I just happened to get a good instance this time. Luckily, I didn't have to redo the jade bot door access puzzle, when I restarted it dropped me right off into Joon's lab for the mech battle.

Good luck, I hope you are able to complete it soon!

I'm getting a bug where after you kill the initial mechs that Joon sics on you, Taimi says, "Commander, hold off the mechs. I'll try to override the system and find us a way to shut it down." After that, nothing happens. I've killed the mechs, and they were the easy ones. All Taimi says to me now is, "You go get everyone ready. We'll figure it out." There are no mobs to fight, nothing to interact with, and no place for the jade bot to go. Stuck.