Virtuoso is so satisfying to play

Mell.4873

2 hours ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Legit question, where are people picking this from? I've checked both metabattle and snowcrow and neither have any mentions on the new EOD specs performances.

Its group content so not a golem, it has alot of burst and most EoD bosses can't be attacked during certain phases. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

That means, hold on a sec, that all illusion buffs affect shatters now, is your mind blown now. 

If you have to lie to make the spec look good then that should tell you its not.

2 hours ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

Legit question, where are people picking this from? I've checked both metabattle and snowcrow and neither have any mentions on the new EOD specs performances.

Based on tests they did during Beta 2 Power DPS was benchmarking lower then Power Chrono and some support specs, with a pretty mediocre opening burst. Condi was even lower. They didn't buff anything about power dps going into live. They did buff the bleed on crit trait so that may now match up with the power dps build.

In short its a selfish dps class that doesn't actually have dps. To add insult to injury the dps was fine in beta1.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Who the heck is Obtenas I have not seen him in any of the positive Virtuoso posts, he hasn't even posted here. If It was my ult would I post postive responses on my own posts. 

Also all my names start with Mell. 

sus 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OriOri.8724 said:

About generating more blades than you can shatter, that's also a problem with other mesmer builds, its not new to virtuoso

At least you can carry on overwriting your cloens to trigger related traits, another way Virtuoso is worse then core.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Who the heck is Obtenas I have not seen him in any of the positive Virtuoso posts, he hasn't even posted here. If It was my ult would I post postive responses on my own posts. 

Also all my names start with Mell. 

No but last beta Obtena did pretty much the exact same thing you are doing now, and with the same avatar image. It really looks like he switched account or account name to Mell (I'm not saying he did, but that's what it looks like).

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

4 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

No but last beta Obtena did pretty much the exact same thing you are doing now, and with the same avatar image. It really looks like he switched account or account name to Mell (I'm not saying he did, but that's what it looks like).

Oh I only just changed the image to this one. I guess I can be same person does it really mater since he isn't here now, not much of a difference.

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

If you have to lie to make the spec look good then that should tell you its not.

Based on tests they did during Beta 2 Power DPS was benchmarking lower then Power Chrono and some support specs, with a pretty mediocre opening burst. Condi was even lower. They didn't buff anything about power dps going into live. They did buff the bleed on crit trait so that may now match up with the power dps build.

In short its a selfish dps class that doesn't actually have dps. To add insult to injury the dps was fine in beta1.

Throw on inspiration and the blades that spawn (illusion) will heal all your allies. That does not sound selfish.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Throw on inspiration and the blades that spawn one you (illusion) will heal all your allies. That does not sound selfish.

Druids, Firebrands, Heralds and Tempests will literally never recover from this. Healing in this game is now dead because this is so good that its already healed any damage you have taken and will ever take in the future.

Oh wait that traits works better on core and nobody cares about it? Ok never mind carry on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I like the design so how can you say its unfinished. This and Untamed are my most played specs after EoD launched, I did pop back into chrono but realised it does less damage -_-

I mean...... I've gone into detail already in this very thread explaining how the design is unfinished. Just because you like it doesn't mean it was finished

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

At least you can carry on overwriting your cloens to trigger related traits, another way Virtuoso is worse then core.

Agreed.

People can enjoy it if they want to, but at the end of the day, the spec design has a bunch of problems in it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OriOri.8724 said:

People can enjoy it if they want to, but at the end of the day, the spec design has a bunch of problems in it

This. I personally can find positive aspects about Virtuoso. But overall, it is a fancy yet horrible and unneeded mess of an e-spec.

Now, what I don't get is the misinformation spread here. Regardless of personal enjoyment, Virtuoso clearly doesn't perform well in benchmarks and it objectively lacks synergy with core. Traits do NOT scale up to 5 blades. Core weapons do NOT trigger blade effects. Illusion traits do NOT synergize with blades.

Pretty yes. Designed well, no. Just like Mirage.

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Adibas.6982 said:

Even though it feels weird to not have clones or boon output I don't mind Virtuoso experimenting with what Mesmer is.

But for what this spec is trying to be I think it lacks damage and either movement or range. 

^This right here is main concern and along with boon outputs we lacking.

It lacks everything. 

It is the only new spec that can't kitten boons, it's the only new spec that doesn't have the tools to create or close gaps and it's damage is garbage if you compare it with the some other new specs. 

And it is the only spec on game that relies solely on kittening projectiles. 

Everyone that defends this kitten it's out of his/her mind. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

It lacks everything. 

It is the only new spec that can't kitten boons, it's the only new spec that doesn't have the tools to create or close gaps and it's damage is garbage if you compare it with the some other new specs. 

And it is the only spec on game that relies solely on kittening projectiles. 

Everyone that defends this kitten it's out of his/her mind. 

IT lacks everything? Then why does it top open world boss damage currently

1. It does have boons, multiple traits and utility provide them but even still it doesn't need them since they can also be provided to you.
  2. No tools to create gaps, then what is this? "Psychic Force: Knock back nearby foes with a psychic blade and gain boons". In terms of closing gaps, sword 3 can do that for you.
  3. Damage, its amazing. i can burst 15k dps without any boons.
  4. Well I'm not out of my mind rather i just like Virtuoso so there is nothing wrong with that