Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

I think they have to do something about it in the future because as it stands a lot of people have and will complete 300%, at the moment I throw so much stuff away because its just useless to me (Dragonite Ore, Bloodstone Dust ect) even with all the eaters they have in place for these mats. It would be a shame that Essence of Luck would also be useless. To be honest I don't see why they don't increase the cap, at 300% I don't get exo's at all so what difference would 400-500 or 1000% be.

@Cerberus.4315 said:I think they have to do something about it in the future because as it stands a lot of people have and will complete 300%, at the moment I throw so much stuff away because its just useless to me (Dragonite Ore, Bloodstone Dust ect) even with all the eaters they have in place for these mats. It would be a shame that Essence of Luck would also be useless. To be honest I don't see why they don't increase the cap, at 300% I don't get exo's at all so what difference would 400-500 or 1000% be.

I think the opposite Cerberus.The difference between 300 and 400/500 could be huge ( it's always a rng thing, but out of X you will get Y+1 instead of Y. The more you play the more it benefits ).

An uppgrade could be ok, i do agree, but it should be a huge gap to fill in order to get an extra +1%.The last 30 lvls are 30k exp. so 301% could be the amount needed from 0% to 300%.

Just to make an example about how long should it be.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Cerberus.4315 said:I think they have to do something about it in the future because as it stands a lot of people have and will complete 300%, at the moment I throw so much stuff away because its just useless to me (Dragonite Ore, Bloodstone Dust ect) even with all the eaters they have in place for these mats. It would be a shame that Essence of Luck would also be useless. To be honest I don't see why they don't increase the cap, at 300% I don't get exo's at all so what difference would 400-500 or 1000% be.

I think the opposite Cerberus.The difference between 300 and 400/500 could be huge ( it's always a rng thing, but out of X you will get Y+1 instead of Y. The more you play the more it benefits ).

An uppgrade could be ok, i do agree, but it should be a huge gap to fill in order to get an extra +1%.The last 30 lvls are 30k exp. so 301% could be the amount needed from 0% to 300%.

With account mf I'm at 308% so I rly don't think 1% means that much when u can use boosters and food to take u will over 301%

@Cerberus.4315 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

With account mf I'm at 308% so I rly don't think 1% means that much when u can use boosters and food to take u will over 301%

1% won't do nothing, right, but at least you can

1. incrase your MF and avoid being covered by essences.
  2. fix the space issue withou harming those who don't have capped mf yet.

I am at 308% too, but i do also know how easy it is to make MF, so incrasing the cap in a easy way is going to harm those who don't have MF for sure.

You need 777 of the exotic essences of luck for Further Exploration upgrade to the guild halls.Also, make sure your base magic find from luck is at 300% - you can go over 300% with account bonuses (from achievement chests), so you might still be able to gain magic find. Mine is capped at 314% so far (without boosts).

it needs to be said over and over in these threads that once you reach the cap, compress and store your luck in a toon/bank and spend it yearly on red lantern guild decorations at the new year event. several other esoteric items and upgrades require relatively small amounts, but red lanterns are an infinite sink and turn into some decent decorations at what should probably be considered "really expensive" in terms of sunken luck.

@insanemaniac.2456 said:it needs to be said over and over in these threads that once you reach the cap, compress and store your luck in a toon/bank and spend it yearly on red lantern guild decorations at the new year event. several other esoteric items and upgrades require relatively small amounts, but red lanterns are an infinite sink and turn into some decent decorations at what should probably be considered "really expensive" in terms of sunken luck.

While that's true, I don't say that because if even a few more people start doing that, the value of upgrading would drop substantially. The profit margin is often slim. I'm not against anyone sharing that info. Instead, I'm saying that it's only valuable because so few people are aware of it. It's barely enough of a sink for the few who take advantage of it now.

I have not reached 300% and I do not plan to do it. There was a short time I cared about MF in this game, which was in my first year when I owned MF gear for Dungeons ^^. Since I learned what the numbers mean, I do no longer care and rather focus on optimizing my karma-gain. I just convert my luck to exotic essences, collect them in my bank/mules. During the new year events I exchange the luck essences for Red Lanterns, as @insanemaniac.2456 mentioned above. Those are cool and useful guildhall decorations and the key-ingredients for lunar-year decoration-crafts. We get new decorations every year. The umbrellas improve nearly every location in the GH and make them look more lively. The other decorations are also cool. I wish there were more decorations to trade for luck essences, or at least more lunar-year decorations, or even some real cantha decorations ^^.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:I have not reached 300% and I do not plan to do it. There was a short time I cared about MF in this game, which was in my first year when I owned MF gear for Dungeons ^^. Since I learned what the numbers mean, I do no longer care and rather focus on optimizing my karma-gain. I just convert my luck to exotic essences, collect them in my bank/mules. During the new year events I exchange the luck essences for Red Lanterns, as @insanemaniac.2456 mentioned above. Those are cool and useful guildhall decorations and the key-ingredients for lunar-year decoration-crafts. We get new decorations every year. The umbrellas improve nearly every location in the GH and make them look more lively. The other decorations are also cool. I wish there were more decorations to trade for luck essences, or at least more lunar-year decorations, or even some real cantha decorations ^^.

Sounds like u spend a lot of time looking at your guild hall. I on the other hand go to my guild hall once a month or less and have never seen anyone in there, the guilds i'm in aren't small with over 200 members in each. I would like to use essence of luck for what it was made for or something that benefits my toons in some way.

@Cerberus.4315 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:I have not reached 300% and I do not plan to do it. There was a short time I cared about MF in this game, which was in my first year when I owned MF gear for Dungeons ^^. Since I learned what the numbers mean, I do no longer care and rather focus on optimizing my karma-gain. I just convert my luck to exotic essences, collect them in my bank/mules. During the new year events I exchange the luck essences for Red Lanterns, as @insanemaniac.2456 mentioned above. Those are cool and useful guildhall decorations and the key-ingredients for lunar-year decoration-crafts. We get new decorations every year. The umbrellas improve nearly every location in the GH and make them look more lively. The other decorations are also cool. I wish there were more decorations to trade for luck essences, or at least more lunar-year decorations, or even some real cantha decorations ^^.

Sounds like u spend a lot of time looking at your guild hall. I on the other hand go to my guild hall once a month or less and have never seen anyone in there, the guilds i'm in aren't small with over 200 members in each. I would like to use essence of luck for what it was made for or something that benefits my toons in some way.

you can gray market sell your luck to a guild as they may want the lanterns for something. at your own risk. it will benefit your toons. its a sink. its there. anet doesnt usually whimsically add infinite sinks when one already exists. if you dont want to use it, that isnt really their problem. you choose to value your currency as you see fit. they rather add new currencies and new ways to spend new currencies than keep building on old systems. because new and shiny. its kinda their schtick.

• ArenaNet Staff

Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

I'm not to max yet, and doubt I'll ever have a shiny storage pane like that. Well done!

@Shirlias.8104 said:I save em, though it's going to be hard and hard

5L1PqbO.jpg

Here's my artificer almost full ( i will need soon to move em to an alt ).Since the mf system is not structured in a proper way, is it obvious that is going to be somehow reworked, but the real question is when.

Currently, MF as a wallet currency would be imho the best ( then they will be able to put a vendor whenever they want ).And ofc, for those who still haven't reached the cap, the vendor could be used to trade the currency for essences, which could be consumed.

ps: message for ANET > an eater won't do ANYTHING, because unlike ascended materials, there are no way to stack or use em ( we do have 8 ascended material eaters, a way to convert 100 units of em into a ingot, and some recipes which can be used. Also they can be fit into storage raw or refined ).

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

I'm not to max yet,

It's not that hard to max if you really want to. Even easier now with the recent QoL changes. Given how often I saw your main account in the Labyrinth this year, it might be worth it for you to take a little time.

Of course, there are advantages to letting it grow organically. I admit to be a little sad when I hit 285%, because then it stopped being fun to gain another 1%. (Instead, it turned into an ongoing angst of "what am I going to do with all that luck now", which brings us full circle to the original post.)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:and doubt I'll ever have a shiny storage pane like that.

That's not quite as easy to manage. :(If you like plants, think of it as gardening: it takes the same effort to weed weekly or to let things grow willynilly and then have to spend your entire week of weeding and replanting. It's just a question of whether you spend a little effort regularly or put it off.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

I'm not to max yet, and doubt I'll ever have a shiny storage pane like that. Well done!

@Shirlias.8104 said:I save em, though it's going to be hard and hard

5L1PqbO.jpg

Here's my artificer almost full ( i will need soon to move em to an alt ).Since the mf system is not structured in a proper way, is it obvious that is going to be somehow reworked, but the real question is when.

Currently, MF as a wallet currency would be imho the best ( then they will be able to put a vendor whenever they want ).And ofc, for those who still haven't reached the cap, the vendor could be used to trade the currency for essences, which could be consumed.

ps:
message for ANET
> an eater won't do ANYTHING, because unlike ascended materials, there are no way to stack or use em ( we do have 8 ascended material eaters, a way to convert 100 units of em into a ingot, and some recipes which can be used. Also they can be fit into storage raw or refined ).

Do you know if there are improvement for the future Gaile?

I think this was just one of those "let's put this MF idea in place and give the players something to go out and farm while we get on with other stuff"

But then didn't bother to put any thought into how to progress it once enough players maxed out.

Personally I don't think increasing MF any further would see much benefit and certainly wont sort out the issue just offset it a few more months - and then we will be right back here asking for more increases.

Bottom line is that there needs to be alternative uses for the essences or implement the ability to convert it / sell it.

Leave the 10, 50 essences as they are and keep them bound to promote crafting them into larger essences so that they can either convert them into things like Amalgamated gemstones or buff pots or ... "input creative idea"

Just my 2 cents worth

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

I also have a similar storage pane, however I do not consider it shiny, it's quite annoying to tell you the truth, sitting on this many stacks for years is not something I am proud of, it's something that we have to do because sod's law is if we delete it then the next patch will add something we can use it for, and so we horde, the whole point of this thread is to ask for something to do with it because I've been sitting on it for way to long and its inconvenient to say the least.

I keep using the fine, master and rare ones. After you max 300%, you can still accumulate luck up to 472,510 luck. It does nothing, bu the completionist in me compels me to get that max.Once I hit that second max, I'll probably start turning them into exotic essences in hopes for future use.

I save some of the exotic ones for Canthan new year to buy materials for my guild hall. But there's only so many you can buy before your fingers fall off, and so many you may ever need since there's a cap of decorations after all. And these are available only during Canthan New Year.

So we could really use some sink for these things. Also for tradable upgrades, recipes and a few other items that are useless or can't be salvaged.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Do you know if there are improvement for the future Gaile?

You know, I really don't know. I think it's really helpful to see ideas, though, which is what caught my eye as I can scanning threads. Well, that and the sparkly image. :D

There's people giving ideas in threads like this one.

I'm partial to giving them uses as alternatives to other materials that have gotten too expensive in recipes that are not meant to be 'prestige' recipes.For example, some recipes use mystic coins, but are not related to legendary or prestige crafting that have gotten insane costs because of mystic coin inflation.Stacks of certain amounts of Exotic essences of luck could be used in either directly to replace mystic coins for those recipes, or as part of a mystic forge recipe to craft alternate blue 'faux' coins that can not be used for anything related to legendary or prestige crafting like the Msytic Tribute, the Mystic Clover recipes, or to make a Bat Wing, but can be used for other recipes like:

• The recipe to turn priests of Balthazar minis into more obsidian.
  • The recipes to convert Mist Essences.
  • The recipe to deconstruct bloodstone bricks back into bloodstone dust.
  • Recipes to make feasts and boxes of armor. At least those for foods and gear under level 80.
  • The recipes for the runes of snowfall.

They could also be used as a currency for the daily purchase of some extra daily envelopes during Canthan new year in a new tab in the daily envelope vendor, since the festival is all about magic find and luck:

• A daily stack of 16 Tiny Lucky Envelopes for 1 exotic essence.
  • A daily stack of 8 Homemade Lucky Envelopes for 2 exotic essences.
  • Two extra daily Divine Lucky Envelopes for 4 exotic essences each.
  • A new exotic Celestial Lucky Evenlope that can only be purchased once per year for 88 exotic essences of luck, That contains some pretty cool reward like a celestial mini of your choosing or something like that.