Gen 3 Legendary Crafting Guide(WIP)

Hi everyone, I decided to make a little unfinished guide of everything i found so far to work in crafting the new legendary weapons. will definitely try to update this as i go. Im putting this here because i have zero idea on how to add it to the wiki so feel free to do so if you know how!(plz and ty!!)

First recipe--Mystic Forge

Jade Runestonex100    Ambergrisx100    Chunk of Pure Jadex200    Blessing of Jade Empressx5
Jade blessings come from Seitung Province at shing jea monestary for a total of 2500 Imperial Favors
---Runestones i think are a random drop but currently 70s on tp so cheap imo( I have had friends tell me they are from chests in Cantha maps)
---ambergris is from fishing achieves and collections
---jade chunks from Dragon's end and possibly other maps

This will yield a Gift of the Dragon Empire!

(I forgot to screenshot this one but i promise its legit!)

2nd recipe--Mystic Forge

Gift of Canthax1     Bloodstone Shardx1          Gift of the Dragon Empirex1         Antique Summoning Stonex100

---Gift of cantha is map completion ezpz
---bloodstone is from myanni(mystic forge attendant)
---dragon empire is what you get from step 1 MF recipe
---summoning stones come from the legendary crafter in Arborstone once you max the arbor masteries

Each stone from the merchant costs different currencies

---the summoning stones are 5 per week so good luck

----1gold for 1st one

----7000 karma(roughly) for 2nd

----100 imperial favor for 3rd

----10 green prophet stones for 4th

----(i currently bought all of mine for the week and forgot the 5th 1 will update soon but the NPC is easy to find)

Screenshot of 2nd recipe here:   https://imgur.com/a/j8lFiJE

Edited by Vishveshwara.3027
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Vishveshwara.3027 said:

I have yet to find another source for them, I was able to beat the Dragon's End meta only once so i can not say for sure wether they drop there or not, could possibly be a drop in strikes as well. only time will tell. 

They can be sold/bought on the TP. Other than that  I don't know of a way yet.

Edited by daredevil the first.6548
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

So limit of three per week if one isn’t doing strikes.

Where does imperial favor come from?

map currencies in all of the maps and events. you can convert writs to favours and some events award them straight up. 

• Like 3

lol. Oh great. So even 2 parts of this creation is already annoying. Well at least we all have one precursor, can see myself making one of these maybe a few years from now while I make entire legend armour sets even from wvw. Most likely won't ever make a second gen 3 leggie if they stay like this 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Curious about the ambergris thing - if this only comes from fishing achievements ... it might be a lot of grind. (I think there are repeatable achivements ... but that takes a long time to fish every fish - with some being more rare I guess. And then having to repeat.)

Also the map completion gifts ... curious about these - I knew we'd need those and stored them safely in the bank. But there might be players that "accidentally" trade them for the other item where you also get 1 from map completion (don't know if only in Cantha or if they added it to older maps as well) ... where you can trade the 1 per char per map completion gift for another one. That "lamplighter's badge" or whatever it is called.

Need to be very careful about this.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Straight up, we shouldn't entertain the TP as an option. the lowest price right now is 40 gold, there are only 12 of them on the TP, and this shouldn't be such an extreme gate. 5 a day, I can understand. That's a normal time gate for other legendary items. A legendary a month is perfectly reasonable. Four and a half months to get all the Antique Summoning Stones you need is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Ready. Set. Go.

Thanks for the work Vish, Asu, Viri and others. 

Gift of <Weapon>
- 100 Mystic Runestones
- Gift of the Mists (same as gen 2)
- Gift of Research
   -- 250 Thermocatalytic Reagent
   -- 250 Hydrocatalytic Reagent
   -- 250 Hydrocatalytic Reagent
   -- 250 Exotic Luck
- Poem of <Weapon>
   -- 10 Tales of Adventure
   -- 10 Lampliter's Badges
   -- 1 <T7 Weapon Part> (eg Asc. Deld. Blade)
   -- 1 Premium Paper (Scribe)

Gift of Jade Mastery
- 100 Antique Summoning Stone (5/wk limit or TP)
- Bloodstone Shard
- Gift of Dragon Empire
    -- 100 Jade Runestone
    -- 100 Chunk of Ancient Ambergris
    -- 200 Chunk of Pure Jade
    -- 5 Blessing of the Empress (5x500 Imperial Favor)
 - Gift of Cantha
    -- 4x Specific Map Completion Gifts

Draconic Tribute
- 5 Amalgamated Draconic Lodestone
- 1 Gift of Condensed Might
- 1 Gift of Condensed Magic
- 38 Mystic Clover

Precursor Weapon

Edited by hunter.4859
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

So we need map completion for all four maps for the Gift of Cantha plus 10 times map completion of any EoD map for the Lamplighter Badges? I.e. 2.5 times map completion per weapon? Unless there is a way to reset the maps or another source this means 2.5 characters per weapon and thus 40 characters to get the full set? What the kitten!?

I don't mind doing map completion once per weapon. That was to be expected. But 40 times? That is a lot of new character slots Anet is asking me to buy... (or delete level 80 chars, which is a no-go for me).

The count is accurate. However, that's not their intention.

They've introduced 4 Achievements that are repeatable that grant that and the exploration rewards for a map complete.

Illuminating Seitung Province (Seitung),

Light these Streets (New Kaineng)

Lighting the Echovald Wilds (Echovald),

Lighting Dragon's End (D End)

You can also exchange 1:1 any Gift of X Map into these LampLighters 1:1 @ Vendor (if not using for gift)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hunter.4859 said:

You can also exchange 1:1 any Gift of X Map into these LampLighters 1:1 @ Vendor (if not using for gift)

That is what I was referring to. Getting the badges for the whole set through this alone will require 56 characters, each completing all four maps. (I did math wrong in my post and counted only 10 instead of 14 maps per legendary.) And that would be insane.

2 hours ago, hunter.4859 said:

They've introduced 4 Achievements that are repeatable that grant that and the exploration rewards for a map complete.

Illuminating Seitung Province (Seitung),

Light these Streets (New Kaineng)

Lighting the Echovald Wilds (Echovald),

Lighting Dragon's End (D End)

Something like this is what I meant with "another source". Wiki doesn't list the reward chest for them yet, it doesn't have a preview in-game and I haven't completed any of these yet. But if they give the badges it looks like a much more sane solution. Still a bit grindy, but doable. 😌

If this is the intended source it should probably be made more visible.

Edited by Killerassel.2197
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is going to happen is Coins are going to crash, and Gen 3's will become the cheapest legends to buy on the TP By Far. 
Given time, we might be able to buy like 6 gen 3 leggies for the same price as one gen 1. 
Say in 20 weeks when we past the time gates, there's not much cost going into these things, especially if you avoid the gold cost options and buy with karma. 

Its honestly kinda amazing just how cheap Gen 3's are to make gold wise. 

• Confused 1

On 3/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Curious about the ambergris thing - if this only comes from fishing achievements ... it might be a lot of grind. (I think there are repeatable achivements ... but that takes a long time to fish every fish - with some being more rare I guess. And then having to repeat.).

You can also get ambergris by catching legendary tier fish and consuming them for materials.