Black Lion Trading Post Icon always fully lit

The bright stuff. I think that's on purpose. A subtle trick to get you to buy something. The trading post is its own ingame browser and was overhauled last year. The code is different than the code of the other UI elements and they simply forgot to take that into account when doing these immersive scenes. Or maybe it was too difficult to make it work. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, Viktor Von Pain.1980 said:

If it is intended, this is totally annoying,  breaks attention and makes games experience worst. I hope it gets fixed.

Agreed, I disabled the menu bar in the settings until this gets fixed because it is way too distracting to me and makes me think I have a notification the whole time (as is usually the case when an icon is lit up like that). Inconvenient workaround, but hopefully this is just a bug and not a permanent feature.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Agreed, I disabled the menu bar in the settings until this gets fixed because it is way too distracting to me and makes me think I have a notification the whole time (as is usually the case when an icon is lit up like that). Inconvenient workaround, but hopefully this is just a bug and not a permanent feature.

This definitely needs more attention because it's super annoying

Edited by Astan Vizu.1208
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it really ruins the cutscenes since it's always show. I get the "marketing gimmick" comments, but we already already have that icon being fully lit and a blue glow when they want to let us know that there's a new item on the store. This sounds like a bug to me, and if if intentional, then it's a horrible UX decision and breaks all the UI design patterns.

• Thanks 1

"Hey, you cant skip this cutscene... or look at your build.....  or do some inventory management..... but you can browse the gemstore while you wait!" 

Pretty sure its designed like this on purpose.    Shameful tactics that have slowly crept their way in to the game over the years.  They just aren't botherd to hide it anymore  *shrug*

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:19 AM, Astan Vizu.1208 said:

This definitely needs more attention because it's super annoying

Unfortunately, this has not been changed in two months and seems to be deliberate (perhaps NCsoft insisted?), hence we won't get rid of it anytime soon. 😥

It's an eye sore for sure. 😣

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Sad 1