Are you guys ready for Condi PS and Druid deaths in raids/fractals?

Amineo.8951

Dont get me wrong, but raids/fractals are group content and content for at least semi experienced players, with lowlevel fractals offering a perfect starting point into instanced endcontent in gw2. Its not as if we are talking about lvl50 storyline steps here.

And with the amount of really good guides + the very nicely maintained game wiki at every players fingertips, newcommers have a really nice foundation to start from.

The last balance patch opened up group comp diversity to some extent, and with the amount of builds in the current meta, there should be something for everybody.

The thing is, in group content you always have to compromize. So you want to play holosmith and be a healer? Its just not good for the group. But then, you can still play a dps holosmith or an engineer healer up to some extent. The more challenging the content, the more strict the compromizes. In raids, you will have trouble convincing people to take your engi healer, since it really is the worst of all possible healer builds, bringing the least to the table in terms of extras.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

"Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

Mate, it took me months to learn how not to dodge every single attack. Viirastra is a clusterfuck of aoes. If I have to evade them myself, my dps will suck, because I won't be able to finish a single MS. Besides, druid now is the party might generator as well, so the whole debate is pointless. You want a druid, period.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:healing in fractals is not needed. just because something works in a raid doesn't mean its good for fotm. nobody ran healing builds in 2014 and such, and fotm bosses were hitting way harder back then. only thing you need to take care of is to not walk into other people.

"Is not needed" is quite exaggerated. I'd rather have a healer on CM Viirastra, tyvm. And on a bunch of other places, too.

i'd rather have reflects and dodge/WSAD out of aoes. you're just lazy. besides if your dps is strong you dont have to deal with much aoes/projectiles, but if you have a "healing" leecher then your party dps drops and you get rekt by incoming damage.

Mate, it took me months to learn how not to dodge every single attack. Viirastra is a kitten of aoes. If I have to evade them myself, my dps will suck, because I won't be able to finish a single MS. Besides, druid now is the party might generator as well, so the whole debate is pointless. You want a druid, period.

dude, i did 2nd boss 100 cm no problem with viper druid. ya don't really need healing, ya need right distortions, positions and timing yer dodges.

Since you phase all CM bosses like normal with a healing druid in the usual meta comp (chrono, banner war, druid, 2 dps) I don't see any value using the condi variant in pugs. For very good statics Idc but I don't see this working for non-organized groups without voicechat.The argument of the healing druid getting carried is nonsense especially for pugs. Of course as a member of a speed run guild or longterm player in the scene you and your buddies won't have any problems at all. But even a look in the LFG (100 CM 100kp+) shows that the reasonable choice is taking full healer.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Amineo.8951 said:You're not forced to use a heal build for Druid if the Chrono can run full Minstrel.

I'd rather have a dps chrono in fractals because the healing utility is not as effective and situational.

Yeah, what about Firebrand and Renegade though?

@Amineo.8951 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Amineo.8951 said:You're not forced to use a heal build for Druid if the Chrono can run full Minstrel.

I'd rather have a dps chrono in fractals because the healing utility is not as effective and situational.

If both are superior than a druid healer in terms of specific buffs like Spotter and spirits, yes. If not, why would I?

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Amineo.8951 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:

If both are superior than a druid healer in terms of specific buffs like Spotter and spirits, yes. If not, why would I?

Firebrand can give Protection, Quickness, Regen, Aegis, Stability, and some might. It also has good condi cleanse.Renegade can give perma might, alacrity and has Assassin's Presence. Healing is overkill on top of it.

Healing on both is better than Druid overall, Firebrand has a lot of regen and passive heals while Renegade is more about burst healing. We'll have to wait till next raids if healing is necessary or not.

FB can also max might between scepter staff and the quickness mantra and sustain it.

Druid is really just to good tbh spirits do a crap ton especially when buffed by the nature magic grandmaster even storm spirit finds massive use especially if your team is lacking vul . Pretty much as of now tho the only thing FB brings over druid is Quickness and Aegis and higher healing potential and Renegade with alacrity and assassins presence and again higher healing potential .

@Vinceman.4572 said:Yes, and quickness is already given by the chrono. Aegis is a plus but not a must so I stay with the druid in my comp.

They really screwed up with Chrono and Druid though, it became hard to balance these two without breaking all raid comps... Still if that were to happen, imagine all the salt xD People would have to change their playstyle, that's what I want for the PoF raids and fractals.

That's a personal opinion but I think Distortion should be nerfed to providing dodges instead of straight up invincibility.

@Amineo.8951 said:That's a personal opinion but I think Distortion should be nerfed to providing dodges instead of straight up invincibility.

Even providing dodges it will still avoid 90% of all mechanics (aegis only blocks 1 attack and Anet for a long time has been making everything of importance either unblockable or multiple hits). It should honestly not be shareable.

FB heal is garbage for the simple fact their heals are gated behind such huge cd's.

Only renegade and tempest are contenders, and only renegade has utility and said renegade's healing is beyond impractical in any encounter with a modicum of mobility since you can't maintain alacrity and might without sacrificing healing since all of those compete for the same resource whereas the druid doesn't sacrifice that way, has mobile healing and most importantly incredibly strong CC options and projectile destruction, perma prot, and pulls.

Druid is extremely flexible. In terms of pure survivability, tempest healer is king, but no content requires such intensive healing and I doubt that's going to change.

@Zenith.7301 said:FB heal is garbage for the simple fact their heals are gated behind such huge cd's.

Only renegade and tempest are contenders, and only renegade has utility and said renegade's healing is beyond impractical in any encounter with a modicum of mobility since you can't maintain alacrity and might without sacrificing healing since all of those compete for the same resource whereas the druid doesn't sacrifice that way, has mobile healing and most importantly incredibly strong CC options and projectile destruction, perma prot, and pulls.

Druid is extremely flexible. In terms of pure survivability, tempest healer is king, but no content requires such intensive healing and I doubt that's going to change.

FB heals staff 2 is a pretty short cd with 9 secs after exploding shorter than a non quick draw druids staff 3 and it heals for more. Staff 4 on FB is only a 16 sec cd with the staff trait so im not seeing the long cd there either they have a great deal of sustain healing through their symbol heals and the grand master that shares f2 virtues passive with teammates its similar to eles soothing mists and their dodges heal allies similar to eles that take arcane as well. As for CC options staff 5 not sure why but it's an amazing cc tool for boss breaking They also bring more projectile destruction and reflects compared to druid they can opt to take get perma prot by losing a bit of extra quickness and they have a pretty iffy pull in f1 but they can take axe if might is a non issue instead of scepter.

As for renegade the recent buffs to the alacrity f3 made it much easier to keep uptime with full alacrity without spamming the tablet nonstop the real issue is outside of ventari renegade only has staff 4 kalla main heal and the elite to heal allies with that's also when you use the f1 skill to share might is during kalla as you have the energy during that. Renegade cc is also amazing with the summon that dazes targets 6 times over the course and staff 5. Renegades also have have pretty awesome vul application similar to druids with storm spirit if the comp is lacking vul aka(condi comp) nothing comparable to druids tho.

The main thing druids have over ppl is really their mobility and special buffs from spirits along with the ability to hit 10 ppl with CA abilities.

Archived