Eternity's Requiem

Kamsin.8541

2 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

Well you could dodge....  or block.... or shut it down with weakness.... 

Immunities are also still a thing.

I mean it has a big animation that tells whats coming.

1) Plenty of skills have such a huge animation (gs4 on mesmer, eviscerate on warrior, meteor shower on ele, maul on ranger, gravedigger on reaper), none come even close to such asinine levels of damage
2) Vindicator is virtually unkillable because it gets the equivalent of a healing skill on every dodge, so they can just kitten around until it eventually lands.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

2) Vindicator is virtually unkillable because it gets the equivalent of a healing skill on every dodge, so they can just kitten around until it eventually lands.

Put weaknes on him so 1) damage it does is halved, and 2) won't be able to dodge again in a looong time. Chill also works (and fear works even better).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Put weaknes on him so 1) damage it does is halved, and 2) won't be able to dodge again in a looong time. Chill also works (and fear works even better).

Today we act as if vindicator had no cleanse, and as if the bulk of endurance gain didn't come from double proccing sigil of energy -which is unaffected by weakness- 😞

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

What does double proccing sigil of energy even mean?

Proccing the sigil twice; first you switch legend (trigger your current weapon's sigil of energy) then you switch weapon (trigger your new weapon's sigil of energy); this way you can proc it twice on every weapon swap, since sigil of energy has 9s cd

• Confused 2

I figured that was what you meant, and it literally doesn't work go test it. Even with rev still being able to proc swap sigils with legend swap in spvp (this will be fixed soon, anet is very swift at fixing bugs that benefit revenant not ones that hinder it) it doesn't work because two swap sigils of the same kind share the same cooldown.

• Like 3

I recommend... dodging. It has the same animation as gravedigger and feels even slower to use. To use it effectively the revenant has to catch you without any way to avoid it. Shiro/Jalis power vindicator has almost no CC. To get the big damage fast it has to swap to shiro in your face to get quickness, activate impossible odds , do requiem and deactivate odds. That also leaves the revenant out of energy and with legend on cd.

TL;DR: Git gud

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Proccing the sigil twice; first you switch legend (trigger your current weapon's sigil of energy) then you switch weapon (trigger your new weapon's sigil of energy); this way you can proc it twice on every weapon swap, since sigil of energy has 9s cd

this got fixed btw

• Like 2

There's nothing defending the absurdity of GS5, guaranteed hits are a stupid idea and should be removed if you're going to make every hit deal 3 times the amount of damage a normal skill can do. I shouldn't be allowed to do 15k damage on heavy armor by the press of 1 button.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

There's nothing defending the absurdity of GS5, guaranteed hits are a stupid idea and should be removed if you're going to make every hit deal 3 times the amount of damage a normal skill can do. I shouldn't be allowed to do 15k damage on heavy armor by the press of 1 button.

it has as much damage as entire barrage lol

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Or any of the other 4-5 classes which are meta in Conquest. None of the EoD specs are S (or even A) tier.

Vindicator is definitely a contender for a meta spot. Probably even multiple, as revs once again have amazing stacking potential. But I guess we'll have to wait and see till when the mat comes. 

• Confused 1

Much like Lich, pre-nerf rampage, and probably other skills I'm forgetting, it isn't that there's no counterplay to the skill - it's that rev gets too much bang for their buck for a single skill on a 20 second cooldown. It's a question of, how much is an appropriate amount of their own resources should a player be expected to spend to mitigate whatever another player is doing. If it was just a single target skill, I think the only complaint would be the next thing - but it's AoE and single hits can still chunk players.

The next thing: and when it **does** hit, its damage still outstrips the damage of every other skill you'd expect to hit that hard for that level of effort. 

• Thanks 1