One shot Harbinger?

LordHT.8297

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well, that's why I gave the number so you didn't have to. xD

You should probably try soul reaping 1-1-2 over Curses though since you don't have any condi damage and Awaken the Pain actually reduces the amount of condi damage from might in exchange for more power.

😄 I just theory crafted how someone might have come up with those numbers. I am 1 day old on a new Harb but am theory testing the cele build myself. 

19 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

😄 I just theory crafted how someone might have come up with those numbers. I am 1 day old on a new Harb but am theory testing the cele build myself. 

I'm running a cele atm, but it's not really ready to be shared and most necro mains are gonna be like "duh" anyways.

But we're on the same server, so probably can try a few things out if you care.

Currently I think Death Magic should be pretty good with a Cele build since you can take Corruptor's Fevor which adds carapace on condi application (zero problem for Harbringer) and then take the trait that adds power for each stack of Carapace. It may be a bit too low damage for some though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 3/9/2022 at 9:24 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The leap is question even has the same coefficients as pve and seems to break the "rule" that CCs should do almost no damage. But, It is very telegraphed.

Or it could be a bug.

Daze isn't included in this. Its specifically the hard CC like stun, float, knockdown, knockback that have the 0.01 coeffs.

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

by the way, during playing harbinger it was noticable that there's a lot of classes that are on average built to tank the "oneshot" harbinger attacks pretty well.

also what ppl again miss: there is like no other class with as few stability sources as harbinger. it literally has zero non-elite skill stability unless u pick the traitline for what, 3 sec stab?

otherwise u only have the, non instant cast, flask/elixir for stab... with 1,5 min cooldown LUL

that's a nearly absurdly low amounts considering that both shroud 3 and 4 are cc'able and shroud 5 also is a slow cast

i mean necros always has not a lot of stab, but scourge had trail of anguish which is a great staple skill for wvw

then core necro which has a super thick 2nd health bar

or reaper which also has this doublelifemode plus a stab option in shroud

instead the squishy harbinger only cuts its own health by around 10k for maximum dps effectiveness. idk. it's nearly overbalanced yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faccina.5091 said:

just had a 1v1 vs a condi one

9001 condi in 1 sec

cleanse

9001 condi in 1 sec again

no more cleanse

swoop x2 (gw & pet)

glued to my kitten anyway

The condition variant seems to be more popular than the power variant now. The damage it deals is rather ludicrous, and if you see it running alongside a pocket b-- support*, you should run away as fast as possible. 
Doesn't match vindicator or bladesworn sustain, though. Then again, both of those are of much higher telegraph.

• Like 2

i mean condidmg on it only works if u dont move as its full torment. and it only trigger at full capacity if he is over the blight threshold means at that point paper af.

the class is even more nerfed yet than it may seem to some people. its still one of the better new specs.

lol the direct sustain of harbinger is very very low. it cuts its own HP severely for dmg and is just a slow fat necro outside of shroud activation

also again, the traitline (harbinger, 2nd row) only gives 1 stack of stab for 3 seconds. that's like, really really bad. and no other sources of stab on the whole thing existing. the one well has only a 1 second stab .. which is as good as nothing, so useless. and the elite has one and a half minute recharge for another what, 3-4 second stab?

outside of that, obviously, if ur alone and see any dps + healer, ur probs not gonna go anywhere against them.

i mean what do u want, untamed cannot do much more dmg than core and sicembeast yet do. it's literally the most linear, uncreative oneshotsetups that the most rangers run. pew pew pew pew, if the full combo hits its a oneshot, if not, they'll run or stealth thanks to trapper rune memes and the fact that their attack range is absurdly high.

also nice that the #### pet still chases likes 2000 range

the only usability nerf ranger may have gotten is that now also engi got a broken pet that does the same things (just with far less variety)

i have honestly no clue what untamed does. spamming some green-screen cloud is what i saw yet, zero clue about its dmg potential. i doubt it has no dmg tho, would be the first ranger in existance that isn't built to carry its player lol

On 3/12/2022 at 2:22 AM, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Daze isn't included in this. Its specifically the hard CC like stun, float, knockdown, knockback that have the 0.01 coeffs.

Wait, but daze is a hard CC too isn't it? vs soft cc like cripple, chill, immob. That's just kinda weird.

Not that it matters since they just left it unfinished since Feb 2020. Along with those 300s cooldowns.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Wait, but daze is a hard CC too isn't it? vs soft cc like cripple, chill, immob. That's just kinda weird.

Not that it matters since they just left it unfinished since Feb 2020. Along with those 300s cooldowns.

I suppose it's because you don't lose complete control of your character like all the others. Daze is pretty close to immobilize too. One you can act but not move, the other you can move but not act. 

Iirc skills that daze have never been a part of it. Things like gun flame and Pile-driver do damage. There are other as well but th se are the two that come to mind. 

btw another huge downpoint and point against removing any further dmg from harbinger: the shroud 3 4 are movement skills. so u either go in and try dmg on those or u disengage on them. u cannot do both.

shroud overall runs out very fast. a fully filled bar lasts like 5-6 attacks at max, maybe bit more if most are autos

and once u r on cooldown, u r just doing nothing plus lose your blight powerload by time - u cannot have always blight up as the cooldown for shroud is 10sec and the exlixir cd 90 sec (elite). this is actually a huge issue. the mechanics are far too punishing for these long cooldown....

also only reason harbinger hits hard is bc a lot of people probs have no clue how it works, get jumped and panic. that's the standard pepe behaviour