Do I really have to pay MORE for enjoying the story?

On 3/9/2022 at 4:33 PM, sewenewes.4176 said:

I'm fairly sure other games have bag and bank inventories and some have a crafting material inventory as well, such as the cited WoW. I can unlock and maximize the size of all those for a reasonable amount of gold that I can earn just by leveling up my character through quests. Leveling a new character over there right now in fact and have already bought all mount speed upgrades as well as the largest bags (Lightless Silk Pouch) possible through casual gameplay. I didn't need to stay on specific maps and farm specific content for many hours on end (or swipe my card) to have access to the largest possible storage.

A QoL that doesn't exist in WoW for example are infinite gathering tools because gathering has no charges on your tools. You also no longer need to carry a tool for them nowadays. There is also no button to send your crafting materials to your storage because the easy access to plentiful backpack space as well as items granting temporary access to the bank and the mailbox makes such a feature redundant. Many of the QoL features free-to-play games have are solutions to inconveniences implemented into the game so that the solution can be sold.

Lot of GW2 fans here don't understand this. The QoL issues here are done on purpose to make us pay to give us that QoL. Meanwhile that is non existing in those sub based games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Jin.8501 said:

Lot of GW2 fans here don't understand this. The QoL issues here are done on purpose to make us pay to give us that QoL. Meanwhile that is non existing in those sub based games. 

Yeah, selling QoL feels to me like the developer has purposefully broken their game and is content to sell the fix to users.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Yeah, selling QoL feels to me like the developer has purposefully broken their game and is content to sell the fix to users.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what it is. Purposefully creating pain points, trying to balance it so you won't be scared away completely, but you might just be frustrated enough to get out the wallet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If you just want the lore, I've watched this guy's videos before to catch up on things that I've forgotten from breaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxajKC5Zpk

Or you could buy the ultimate end of dragons expansion and get the 4000 gems to buy all the dlc that way.

the story is just more expensive in this game compared to ffxiv, but there's also no sub cost forever. so that's a bonus.

Edited by vicky.9751
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:02 AM, ian.8439 said:

So besides the expansions, a newcomer has to pay 1265 gems in order to follow the story? Come on, this is hilarious. How can this be a thing? These stories should come with the expacs. This is disencouraging. I don't want to farm for 50 hours to get a storyline..

I wish they just combine the side stories with the expansion and up the price. No more confusion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1