WvW Harbinger?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

It's a gimmick in squads since Dark Barrage is projectile and so is the pistol. Your only real damage is from Devouring Cut on 10s cooldown with 2.0 coefficient at 5+ blight and Voracious Arc on 18s cooldown with blight stacks to get the 1.4 coefficient to a "broken" 2.8 coefficient (100% bonus above 10 blight). The only advantage over reaper is really the speed at which the attack rolls out compared to Death's charge plus Soul Spiral as the range wasn't made back to 900 and left at 600 range.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Magnuzone.8395 said:

Been running a condi build with viper armor and torment runes but didnt like it much. Felt quite ineffective tbh. But condi has never been my thing.

Now Im on a power build instead, just good old marauder and scholar runes. Works better but still lacking.

I ran a power, mostly glassy build and it worked pretty well, without pistol.  I keep forgetting though that shroud doesn't protect my hp bar anymore though.  I feel like I'm missing out on some of the condi damage though, but sounds like I'm not missing much from what you say.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

So quick opinions wanted on a WvW Harbinger, for roaming/small group:

Power, Condi, or Hybrid (power/condi), or some other stat combo?

I recommend Celestial stats.

Here is my favorite build (out of many).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSABoid3lhy8YqMLWLW0OvRTA-z1IY14/QaUE0rUomFh7OEB5fVaD-w

You can tweak it to your tastes if you want.

Sigils: Can replace Superior Sigil of Stars if you don't like stacking Sigils, (Maybe Doom, Geomancy, or Celerity).

Runes: Lots of options, (Fireworks, Tormenting, Antitoxin, Durability, the list goes on).

Food: Spherified Peppercorn-Spiced Oyster Soup if you can get it, if not Plate of Sugar Rib Roast is pretty good too.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

I use viper, i think its better than ritualist. but WVW harbinger is pretty trash

Of course it is trash in wvw when you run viper. Every necro spec is trash in wvw when running viper gear. You are asking to get oneshot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m using cele armor, viper weapons, celestial accessories, amulet and 1 ring. Other ring and backpack are grieving. Using balthazar runes with dhumfire (because torment tubes are hot trash on anything that isn’t a mesmer) with a demon sigil on my main condi weapon set (pistol/focus with staff for cleansing)

I won’t say the build is better than scourge on that set-up because it isn’t. I won’t even say it’s good. It’s aight because harbinger is still only aight at best. If you want power, play reaper. If you want condi play core or scourge if you can stand them…

• 1 year later...

Harbringer is garbage.

The "Devs" just added insult to injury when they released that trash as a new class for "EOD."  Scourge, Core and Reaper are all dead in WvW and instead of giving Necros a build that's closer to the Willbender, the "Devs" created a self-murdering class...as if the Necro didn't kill itself enough.

The "Devs" clearly have something against the Necro class and went out of their way to make it a trash class, which is why the only Necros in WvW are newer player Necros and die-hard Necro players that put so much work into their Class and refuse to give up on it so easily.  I know the feeling but you gotta eventually move on to Willbender or forever have no real chance of staying on your feet in WvW.

I can't even play my Mesmer class well in WvW at all because I don't practice it enough, but yet I manage to kill a Reaper who attacked me.  I thought I was a dead because I was on a Class I couldn't handle but ended up winning...  That's sad.  A Reaper dying to a mesmer that didn't know how to "mesmer-it-up."

That's how pathetic the Necro class is now.  It's basically a PvE Class, not built for PvP/WvW in anyway.

If you're getting Legendary for your Necro from WvW, do it while on another class.  No point in dying so much on a class that doesn't pack any real sustain nor burst damage.  I get more sustain on my Willbender triggering a lot of Boons versus Shroud in Core Necro, which gets 'DPS'ed' down in two seconds and you have no real burst nor stability in Core Shroud.  You can't even help a Zerg good as Core because the no stability issue will get you pulled into an enemy Zerg everytime.

Necro is a slow class...  How can anyone not notice it...  All Necro attacks are advertised...the animations are so slow and this also puts you at a huge disadvantage.  Marks can be easily seen and dodged.  My Willbender attacks are right then with high burst damage.  No such thing while on a Necro.  The best Reapers in WvW are cheating Reapers and a lot of players are cheating.  Just the other day or so, a Ranger starting cheating while I was cutting him down with my Willbender.  He used the 'invul' but when that was over, he went into God Mode, did a full heal up (while standing in place taking Willbender damage) and then casted an attack that's not even an attack at all, it was an environmental hack.  I lost interest in the fight and wouldn't give him the pleasure of a cheat win so I hit 'invul' and left.  Don't got time for cheaters.

The highlighted thing is the fact I left the cheater.  On a Necro, you can't leave, you either win or die because the Necro is the worst class in the game as far as getting out of combat.  Some cheaters will hold you in place with a super huge, constant "CC", area of effect that's not even a normal game attack.  Had that happen during a Temptest attack while roaming.  Cheaters turn it on when they got you one on one with no other eyes around.

The "Devs" are clearly not going to fix the Necro class, so it's a dead Class and when you start having dead Classes in an MMORPG....  World of Warcraft Warrior Class....

You're already on the right path to burying an MMO.

'Typos' suck,

Peace

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

34 minutes ago, Horace.3184 said:

The best Reapers in WvW are cheating Reapers and a lot of players are cheating.  Just the other day or so, a Ranger starting cheating while I was cutting him down with my Willbender.  He used the 'invul' but when that was over, he went into God Mode, did a full heal up (while standing in place taking Willbender damage) and then casted an attack that's not even an attack at all, it was an environmental hack.  I lost interest in the fight and wouldn't give him the pleasure of a cheat win so I hit 'invul' and left.  Don't got time for cheaters.

The highlighted thing is the fact I left the cheater.  On a Necro, you can't leave, you either win or die because the Necro is the worst class in the game as far as getting out of combat.  Some cheaters will hold you in place with a super huge, constant "CC", area of effect that's not even a normal game attack.  Had that happen during a Temptest attack while roaming.  Cheaters turn it on when they got you one on one with no other eyes around.

is this cheater in the room with us right now ?

• Haha 3

On 5/19/2023 at 9:34 AM, Horace.3184 said:

Harbringer is garbage.

The "Devs" just added insult to injury when they released that trash as a new class for "EOD."  Scourge, Core and Reaper are all dead in WvW and instead of giving Necros a build that's closer to the Willbender, the "Devs" created a self-murdering class...as if the Necro didn't kill itself enough.

The "Devs" clearly have something against the Necro class and went out of their way to make it a trash class, which is why the only Necros in WvW are newer player Necros and die-hard Necro players that put so much work into their Class and refuse to give up on it so easily.  I know the feeling but you gotta eventually move on to Willbender or forever have no real chance of staying on your feet in WvW.

I can't even play my Mesmer class well in WvW at all because I don't practice it enough, but yet I manage to kill a Reaper who attacked me.  I thought I was a dead because I was on a Class I couldn't handle but ended up winning...  That's sad.  A Reaper dying to a mesmer that didn't know how to "mesmer-it-up."

That's how pathetic the Necro class is now.  It's basically a PvE Class, not built for PvP/WvW in anyway.

If you're getting Legendary for your Necro from WvW, do it while on another class.  No point in dying so much on a class that doesn't pack any real sustain nor burst damage.  I get more sustain on my Willbender triggering a lot of Boons versus Shroud in Core Necro, which gets 'DPS'ed' down in two seconds and you have no real burst nor stability in Core Shroud.  You can't even help a Zerg good as Core because the no stability issue will get you pulled into an enemy Zerg everytime.

Necro is a slow class...  How can anyone not notice it...  All Necro attacks are advertised...the animations are so slow and this also puts you at a huge disadvantage.  Marks can be easily seen and dodged.  My Willbender attacks are right then with high burst damage.  No such thing while on a Necro.  The best Reapers in WvW are cheating Reapers and a lot of players are cheating.  Just the other day or so, a Ranger starting cheating while I was cutting him down with my Willbender.  He used the 'invul' but when that was over, he went into God Mode, did a full heal up (while standing in place taking Willbender damage) and then casted an attack that's not even an attack at all, it was an environmental hack.  I lost interest in the fight and wouldn't give him the pleasure of a cheat win so I hit 'invul' and left.  Don't got time for cheaters.

The "Devs" are clearly not going to fix the Necro class, so it's a dead Class and when you start having dead Classes in an MMORPG....  World of Warcraft Warrior Class....

You're already on the right path to burying an MMO.

'Typos' suck,

Peace

I guess you’re talking about roaming specifically here when you say necro is dead in wvw as scourge is meta (yummy boon rips) for large scale play. 

But yes, I agree with your main point: Willbender needs to be nerfed for sure. 

Edited by Somnolent.6379
Typos
  • Like 1

Hi,

I know the Voracious Arc change of 2 May makes sense for PVE where you want to maintain a high amount of blight for more dps.

However in pvp/wvw it is the other way around. The blight threshold should be put back to 10 here in my opinion.

You cannot make enough use of the shroud with the threshold at 5 because you constantly gain more blight than you can get off.

It forces you to leave shroud early and also to take an extra elixir in utilities to get the blight lower after using shroud.

Can this change be reviewed?

Best regards,

Plat2 EU necro

• Confused 1