What happened to Herald....? Dead e spec now. (PvE)

SeTect.5918

February 28, Release of eod: all boons got reduced to 5 target. Battle scars almost halfed damage. "Bug fix": Legend swap no more triggers Weapon swap sigils.

Power Herald, dead. Condi Herald, dead.

Its not even in the benchmarks on sc anymore. 

Condi herald dealt 30k dps, the fact thats its not even in benchmarks anymore, makes me guess its less than 27k now. 

Power herald dealt 27.7k dps, the fact....I guess its less than 26k.

They made sure to kill every herald build i guess. Guess Its dead fully now. I mean it was dead before already but now...yea. 

Have fun playing herald in future. 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• SeTect.5918 changed the title to What happened to Herald....? Dead e spec now.

The main draw of herald was his upkeeps granting a bunch of boons that have become covered by pretty much every profession in the game with little to no effort. It no longer has a niche sadly. Love the lore of the espec, kinda looks like the cannonical Aurene's champion spec, but right now it's dead 😞

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Atomnium.1532 said:

The main draw of herald was his upkeeps granting a bunch of boons that have become covered by pretty much every profession in the game with little to no effort. It no longer has a niche sadly. Love the lore of the espec, kinda looks like the cannonical Aurene's champion spec, but right now it's dead 😞

It's Glint spec :P Aurene progenitor.

Can get on theme if Anet nerf some classes :classic_ninja:or boost herald suport :P either way

Edited by Aeolus.3615

10 minutes ago, Atomnium.1532 said:

I know it's glint spec. Actually it makes more and more sense that the spec is losing power.....

how so? as in loosing power??? thatsmeans spec wil be unvaliable in future :P that's not how specs would work in a game xD

When i ment boost support was making shield 5 pulse heals to nearby alies as well, tweak up a bit some regen values, but mostly shield could be where most buffs could come out, spec isnt that bad anyway just not usefull due how most classes do it better.

HErald glint F2 boon duration could be tweaked for something else, boon duration is kinda useless nowadays...

Sometimes feels Anet tries Vertical class progression, they said they take it out from armor but somehow feels they try to cover that by adding into the class specs... IDK what feels worse.

note: i wil continue to play herald.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

February 28, Release of eod: all boons got reduced to 5 target. Battle scars almost halfed damage. "Bug fix": Legend swap no more triggers Weapon swap sigils.

Its not even in the benchmarks on sc anymore. 

Condi herald dealt 30k dps, the fact thats its not even in benchmarks anymore, makes me guess its less than 27k now. 

Power herald dealt 27.7k dps, the fact....I guess its less than 26k.

They made sure to kill every herald build i guess. Guess Its dead fully now. I mean it was dead before already but now...yea. 

Have fun playing herald in future. 

The main reason why it’s removed is that the drop to 5 targets kills its support potential and the only reason anyone was bringing either power or condi herald was for the 10 man boon support.  Though yes condi herald does less now due to the “(not) bug” fix for weapon swap sigils. It’s still probably around 28k tho. 

Herald needs an almost full rework at this point because both Renegade and Vindicator do damage AND support better than it in all ways now. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Condi herald got a big hit due to the Sigil "fix" and the massive nerf to battle scars.

Power herald always did less damage than condi herald, but had the damage boost through the group from Facet of Nature-Shiro, which got cut in half aswell. While the dmg of every herald was already bottom-tier, even if going full damage and less boon output, it was still useless compared to always-used Supporters (like HFB, druid,...).

Same goes for wvw. In roaming, most heralds just made use of the double- 2sigill trigger tactic, but even with that burst it was kinda meh.

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Power Herald is still the best PvP/WvW roaming build the Revenant has (and one of the best in the game, albeit in WvW roaming professions with stealth access dominate). Power Herald are still one of the most played WvW builds in zergs.

Condi Herald is in wose placement: still usable in WvW roaming and small skirmishes, but now is weaker and also lost sustain. It lacks both ranged pressure and a viable condi legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Power Herald is still the best PvP/WvW roaming build the Revenant has (and one of the best in the game, albeit in WvW roaming professions with stealth access dominate). Power Herald are still one of the most played WvW builds in zergs.

Condi Herald is in wose placement: still usable in WvW roaming and small skirmishes, but now is weaker and also lost sustain. It lacks both ranged pressure and a viable condi legend.

If you go up to my thread u ll see that i used benchmarks as example and told about 27k dps and 30k dps.

And you come up with wvw and pvp.
Makes me think if you read more than "Power Herald, dead. Condi Herald, dead."

Condi herald is big trash in wvw atm. Especially with legend swap not triggering cleansing sigil anymore.

You see, the battle scars nerf i talked about was pve based, so power herald didnt get any hit except boon nerf in wvw.

I think its obvious I was talking about pve, but I ll add it in the title anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• SeTect.5918 changed the title to What happened to Herald....? Dead e spec now. (PvE)
14 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

If you go up to my thread u ll see that i used benchmarks as example and told about 27k dps and 30k dps.

And you come up with wvw and pvp.

I think its obvious I was talking about pve, but I ll add it in the title anyway.

Of course you're talking about PvE. Is in the title. But your first post also talks about the patch of FeB 28 (EoD), and the patch changed nothing for PvE herald, which in its instanced builds hasn't been meta FOR YEARS.

So EoD changed nothing in that regard. Want to play a meta Rev in instanced PvE content? Well, you can either run power Renegade or condi Renegade, based on the content. Pick your poison. 

And is perfectly fine: some professions doesn't have a single "wanted" build in that place. And by the way, instanced PvE is as niche as PvP/WvW, so is not a big drama. Most of the population are either OW farmers or OW afkers, the true meta of the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Power herald didn't actually lose benchmark dps since swift termination always did more dps than dance of death in optimal scenarios. DoD was just close enough and offered a ton of self sustain that it would generally end up higher due to better scholar uptime and being able to play more aggressively. Sadly the numbers have always been really low and now it is really running out of redeeming qualities.

Also p herald bench is around 31k with selfish dps traits so decent amount better than 27k but still bad.

Edited by ArthurDent.9538
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, Telgum.6071 said:

Whining about herald's benchmark when you have renegade right there...

What hurts me the most is not having anymore the hydromancy trigger on legend swap. Bug fix my kitten.

Maybe some of us dislike renegade and dont want to have to be pushed to play it? It's like when people complained about pet on ranger when its a pet class, thief and engineer is right there. But A-net caved and made a WHOLE spec about basically removing a class mechanic? All everyone here is asking for is that herald gets reworked to give it a niche, make it more or less not as clunky and give it the ability to compete with the current toys. Because Right now herald is probably the least powerful version of rev; And it seems like its by a fairly large margin. 

I still believe core rev is absolutely the best version right now; With vindicator competing with it due to it being new.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Maybe some of us dislike renegade and dont want to have to be pushed to play it? It's like when people complained about pet on ranger when its a pet class, thief and engineer is right there. But A-net caved and made a WHOLE spec about basically removing a class mechanic? All everyone here is asking for is that herald gets reworked to give it a niche, make it more or less not as clunky and give it the ability to compete with the current toys. Because Right now herald is probably the least powerful version of rev; And it seems like its by a fairly large margin. 

I still believe core rev is absolutely the best version right now; With vindicator competing with it due to it being new.

Just imagine if now the ranger playerbase would start moaning about Druid not dealing enough damage and they don't want to be pushed to play Soulbeast. Not every specialization is meant to deal 40k and there is nothing wrong with that. I too prefer Herald over Renegade, but each specialization works differently on different scenarios so, take it or leave.

24 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Just imagine if now the ranger playerbase would start moaning about Druid not dealing enough damage and they don't want to be pushed to play Soulbeast. Not every specialization is meant to deal 40k and there is nothing wrong with that. I too prefer Herald over Renegade, but each specialization works differently on different scenarios so, take it or leave.

Except herald is just not as good as it could be, and its been replaced and pushed out of its niche. It brings nothing to the table because when it comes to support, dps and so on ren has it beat. No Vin has it beat for the time being as its damage is solid which makes it preferable. Core is not in as bad of a state as it can really do whatever it wants; Herald is just not good. I say that as someone who has been playing herald pretty much my entire time in game since it came out. Condi was strong for a while, its not that great now when you compare it to your other options. And power herald is no where near as viable or as strong when it comes to your other options, core, vin and even power ren out-preform it.

This isn't a matter of it being different, this is a matter of it simply falling behind within its own class as a sub-class and for sure falling behind many other classes in terms of every area it covers. You'd never take a support herald over a druid, firebrand or now specter... even scourge is a better option. You'd never take it over a power dps option like warrior, thief, ranger, guardian, necromancer and so on. You'd never take it over any other condi spec in game. 

This is exclusively based on herald itself; Renegade is a different beast as it can and does fill both dps and support roles. It can also just run alac so if it ever falls behind it still has use; Vin right now leans exclusively on its damage. If its damage were to be nuked (Likely it will) then I can foresee it falling further than herald due to how clunky and odd it is. 

This would be different if herald didn't feel weaker, as well if it wasn't stripped of so many things that once made it great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2