Absolutely love Vindicator

Lonewolf Kai.3682

11 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I like it to BUT ... there is something a little off-putting visually about the dodge. It's a bit cartoon-y. When do I get to drop the anvil on my opponents or give them a dynamite cigar?

Not really.  I think it's the best part of the spec.

10 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

Glad to see a thread like this - I've been feeling the same way. Vindicator has felt really, really fun and I'm glad it's here. I'll be happier once my alliance stops swapping every time I mount, etc. but overall it's just been enjoyable to play. I love it.

Yeah, I noticed that.  I don't remember seeing that happen in the last beta, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is good .

for me

Only annoy feeling is dodge animation. I see it jump and hope to use it to go higher terrain , but it is just animation.

if ANET do underground diving and pop up , or make disappear by travel through the rift and then re appears, then I still feel more realistic. 

For open world I think its potentially one of the most fun builds I have had since vanilla. Mobility, spike damage, the dodge on occasion doing silly numbers. But also the single dodge has made me rethink how I play, having always been on 2 dodges and it being so useful for damage. All in all for me its a good balance of keeping me active and involved but not playing keyboard like others.

Note: Open world only

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:21 AM, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Thanks for creating it Anet!

I especially love the dodge mechanics.

I'm loving it. I'm able to get 100% crit rate with fury, which is always available when needed. Running GS/GS with double energy runes is tons of fun.

• Like 1

Vindicator was easily my favorite EoD elite of the betas.

And now? I took my newly specced and geared vindi through the story, and haven't touched it since. I mean, the playthrough went well, no surprises in how it felt to play, no real negatives. I dunno, it's like the bottom fell out of the interest barrel for me.

Hoping the mojo for this comes back as I think it's a great spec, and I came up with a look for the character I really dig. Sort of bummed at this point 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I'm enjoying it for open world.  Only complaint is I haven't mastered healing myself with it well, going from a celestial ren build to vindicator makes me feel much more vulnerable to damage 😳

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmQAElZSHMUyhlSNsT6hpSfsSKgp6lesF-zxQYhogzfHUwZ0jCICJgiXjqA-e

permanent protection is just as good as celestial stats. possibly even better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

I like it to BUT ... there is something a little off-putting visually about the dodge. It's a bit cartoon-y. When do I get to drop the anvil on my opponents or give them a dynamite cigar?

Before I saw the animation, I expected we would phase-out of reality with a visual distortion similar to invisibility and when we phase back in it causes the explosion.

It would have been less silly than jumping to the stratosphere.

10 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I'm enjoying it for open world.  Only complaint is I haven't mastered healing myself with it well, going from a celestial ren build to vindicator makes me feel much more vulnerable to damage 😳

You wanna use the red heal while there are a few people around, or as a last resort, and blue while you're playing defense, which will also open up condi cleanse/regeneration spam in the downtime if needed. Also, until you get it down to your liking, you can go 3 in the final trait for a heal and barrier on the jump. Don't use your blue elite solo either. 

The CDs are short for everything, really. My only real advice is keep up fury in combat, and regen on D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morsdood.1987 said:

Eager for a rework tuning

Fixed. The numbers overall are terrible for having no actual dodge and dodge being a really busted mechanic. Either a lot more damage or more damage and some boons (no idea where to stick them though). But no dodge spec should easily be above any (especially ranged) spec with dodges and additional survivability tools baked in and currently it's not - dare I say for that drawback and no utility whatsoever 45-47k at the golem wouldn't be outrageous?

Rework also seems unlikely since the death from above animation seems a favorite overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1