Does Anet hate Mesmers?

raineybilly.6439

12 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Specter, preparations, deceptions, wells, shadowsteps (teleports).

I'd argue Chronomancer on launch was far more unique then Spectre. the problem was they gutted Chronomancer til it lost everything unique to it.

Dont forget, alacrity was one of Chronomancers Mechanics before they decided to Strip it of that also,

I wouldnt say thief is more unique then Mesmer. its Just everytime Mesmer takes one step forward in the realms it gets gutted and thrown back effectively. Anet seem to have a Severe issue balancing mesmer which is a Massive problem, but they're also too stubborn to give mesmer the rework it needs to solve those issues.

also Shadow Steps, Preparations and Deceptions. is basically instilled in every Rogue Like class across the board, this isnt unique to guild wars 2 realistically, nor is it warping.

Core, Chronomancer Mirage and Virtuoso at concept have Unique Qualities and tbh have always proven fun to play. the issue is Anet make it their mission to Absolutely demolish it Everytime with silly changes due to "Its unfun to play against". in reality the major issue is. people simply just dont like "not being better".

Hence why this game gets drowned down to 3 Speccs working which ironically are also the most popular choices. because they have the popularity around them to create vocal noise unlike the Proffessions that have been left in a State of Dying for 6years+

i know virtuoso and lots are very against its existance as shown throughout by lots being unhappy with virtuoso not being creative enough etc etc and isnt everyones cup of tea.. but virtuoso being the first Proper offensive caster Elite to come into the game i actually found exciting.. its execution however dulls that masively.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Specter, preparations, deceptions, wells, shadowsteps (teleports).

Shadow stepping, stealing, smoke screens, stealth, traps (which is what preparations actually are), all pretty standard for any rogue / thief / ninja archetype in games.  Mechanically, GW2's thief is a pretty fun and interesting take on it but thief is very recognizable to other games' thief archetypes in a very 1:1 way.  Mesmer isn't.  Bits and pieces here and there, but we're looking at like a 1:3 or 1:5 ratio. 

You can roll up FFXIV and if you like GW2 thief, Ninja is a good choice for you.  There's no similar fit to Mesmer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I love how 1 troll was enough to derail this entire thread, and now instead of discussing Anet's bias against Mesmer, people are discussing Dungeons and Dragons.

Good job community! 🤣

Tbh. I don't think it will matter overall as I doubt the Devs will read this. 

I don't think Anet hate mesmers, same as I don't beleive Anet hate elementalist, or warriors, or rangers. 

I think Anet just don't balance properly.

We never see a meta get flipped on its head. It's continously the same proffessions continously performing. 

Ontop of that, Anet are absolutely awful at balancing complex mechanics and AI. 

I think a large problem to mesmer is exactly that. 

Tbh my ex girlfriend quit gw2 because she became frustrated with playing with me as a mesmer. The clones confused her in a PvE enviroment let alone in spvp. 

Think the big issue is. 

Normal companies when they think something's bad for the game. Or abusuable, they rework it. 

Anet double down and keep reiterating it and then gutting it back down on repeat. 

Whoever decided to dedicate 3 entire speccs to a clone system to continously nerf it is insane realistically.  

Anet need to go back to the drawing board. Because it shows massively in both elementalist and mesmer. These sorts of mechanics don't work. 

EEvery time round mesmer has to have shatters. Everytime around elementalist have to have the same attunements. 

and with the overlapping nerfs and more it makes it worse and worse with every new elites arrival. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I don't think Anet hate mesmers, same as I don't beleive Anet hate elementalist, or warriors, or rangers. 

We never see a meta get flipped on its head. It's continously the same proffessions continously performing. 

Tbh my ex girlfriend quit gw2 because she became frustrated with playing with me as a mesmer. The clones confused her in a PvE enviroment let alone in spvp. 

Think the big issue is. 

Normal companies when they think something's bad for the game. Or abusuable, they rework it. 

Anet double down and keep reiterating it and then gutting it back down on repeat. 

Whoever decided to dedicate 3 entire speccs to a clone system to continously nerf it is insane realistically.  

Anet need to go back to the drawing board. Because it shows massively in both elementalist and mesmer. These sorts of mechanics don't work. 

EEvery time round mesmer has to have shatters. Everytime around elementalist have to have the same attunements. 

and with the overlapping nerfs and more it makes it worse and worse with every new elites arrival. 

You've several people telling you ANerf is biased against mesmer. The difference between those tells are that one person says ANerf wants mesmer to be bad and other saying ANerf follows the balance discord narrative and agrees with them so they make mesmer bad. 

One was said by shorts, the other I can tell you in private but its also a well known mesmer. 

So, point is, one way or the other mesmer will stay at the bottom because ANerf wants so. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

You've several people telling you ANerf is biased against mesmer. The difference between those tells are that one person says ANerf wants mesmer to be bad and other saying ANerf follows the balance discord narrative and agrees with them so they make mesmer bad. 

One was said by shorts, the other I can tell you in private but its also a well known mesmer. 

So, point is, one way or the other mesmer will stay at the bottom because ANerf wants so. 

Seems like a really weird concept to follow if this is actually the ground beneath it. As mesmer is one of the largest advertisement for the game given how distinct it is from what other games offer. 

But with how many obstacles they threw in the path of virtuoso holding functionality it would be believable. 

And yeah I know about shorts he deleted all his gw2 content and quit again if I'm correct. 

But tbh Anet seem to have a bias against multiple proffessions if it is true as they do also go to quite the lengths to make sure elementalist is never good also 😂 

I don't rly know what they strike for with balance realistically. To me it just seems like a game of Keeping necro and guardian ontop of everything and drop a OP specc on a random proffession for "diversity" i.e mechanist 

What's weirder is mesmer isn't even bad in the PvP ladders the vast majority of haters are realistically in, the average silver / gold game mesmer is considered overpowered primarily because most can't play against one. 

I guess the real question is 

Does Anet agree with them out of bias. Or geniniely beleive mesmer is in a good place, which would be the deciding factor there anyone who disagrees with that view would screech bias as that's how they'd percieve it. 

But it's possible Anet actually do beleive this trjely. And don't aim for mesmer to be bad but maybe statistics of mesmers in ranked make mesmer look better then we think. 

I see side node Staff mirages carry gold games. Because people can't even figure out which clones real, and muk showed himself facerolling a enemy team with one 😂 

Mesmer seems to get carried on the back of how bad most players are tbh. 

However I have also heard people getting banned from balance discords for saying mesmer should be buffed. Which would defintly sound like silencing conflicting opinons. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ToxicToothpick.4396 said:

I just did the living world season 4 mission where you escape from the cell, and the narrator calls Mesmers a bunch of stuck up nerds (in so many words)

Tbh they also insult elementalists and mesmers in the PoF missions. 

They call elementalists a bunch of cry babies effectively and say mesmers aren't far off 😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh they also insult elementalists and mesmers in the PoF missions. 

They call elementalists a bunch of cry babies effectively and say mesmers aren't far off 😂😂

And look at where Mesmers and Ele now. Arguably the worst 2 professions in the game. Even warriors are more used.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

And look at where Mesmers and Ele now. Arguably the worst 2 professions in the game. Even warriors are more used.

Warrior gets more used but I'm not sure I'd count it. But saying that atleast they're dealing with warrior to a degree. 

No posts regarding virtuoso

Same to ele, confirmed changes to improve catalyst. Although no confirmation surrounding the damage they did to tempest. 

Edited by Daddy.8125

44 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Warrior gets more used but I'm not sure I'd count it. But saying that atleast they're dealing with warrior to a degree. 

No posts regarding virtuoso

Same to ele, confirmed changes to improve catalyst. Although no confirmation surrounding the damage they did to tempest. 

LoL in WvW bladesworn on shouts build is actually stupidly insane. Its a little known fact but when they are charging that thing tracks stealth, as well as their elite pretty much resets all their shouts. Have a TON of unblockable and for reference on how much they can heal, a shout can heal for 1300, if u run full shouts build its 6 charges + elite to reset for another 6 charges, this isnt accounting for the heal mending which in it's own right super strong.

A shout can heal them for 1300, for comparison Mirage actual heal is 1200.

Now am I saying warriors are in a good spot, most certainly not, but they fare better then Mesmers and Ele, bladesworn literally counter's Virtuoso's entire existence. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

What? Seriously? Which mission is that? 😲

It's the one that you kill the archon for which kasmeer uses to cloak you. 

Rytlock makes a comment about kasmeers magic, which she then takes offense, and then rytlock effectively says something alike Mesmers are almost like elementalists with whining if your on either proffession rtylock will thens say "no offense commander"  😂

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

It's the one that you kill the archon for which kasmeer uses to cloak you. 

Rytlock makes a comment about kasmeers magic, which she then takes offense, and then rytlock effectively says something alike Mesmers are almost like elementalists with whining if your on either proffession rtylock will thens say "no offense commander"  😂

Oh wow, must have missed that. I mean, if hating mesmers seeped into the game's canon, what hope do we have? 😛

• Sad 1

On 3/23/2022 at 7:55 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Think the big issue is. 

The difference between mesmer, and then warrior elementalists or rangers is that the lead balance dev has very explicitly said no mesmer spec will be allowed to be good competitively under his watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

The difference between mesmer, and then warrior elementalists or rangers is that the lead balance dev has very explicitly said no mesmer spec will be allowed to be good competitively under his watch.

If you talked to their respective communities they would both disagree with you on that haha 😂

Anet hates us threads pop up on there aloooot too 

8 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Anet hates us threads pop up on there aloooot too 

Those threads pop up everywhere, especially if there are nerfs. Even more so if players attribute their performance to their own skill instead of the state of their class or if they focus playing on one class only. It is way easier to see favioritism for other classes and being in the victim position. You will even see those threads on Guardian forums and while I won't go as far as saying that Guardian is ANets favorite child, Guardian objectively probably had the smoothest run during the lifetime of GW2.

Mesmers, and this also applies to Thieves, are difficult to balance for PvP scenarios because unless you are playing at a high tier or at least lack appropriate game knowledge they are rather hard to counter. This is only one small issue but personally, I think this is what it quite often boils down to for those classes. This is not true for Elementalist - Elementalist is mostly just more difficult to play than many other classes. And it most certainly is not true for Warrior even though they might be on a small drought at the moment. In contrast to Elementalist, Warrior has one of the simplest class mechanics (if not the simplest) and actually got one of the better track records when it comes to alterations introduced by eSpecs. "Need more Greataxe, need more smash!" is no real issue for a class (careful, hyperbole!).

So no... maybe some Devs dislike Mesmers. But some people at ANet seem to like it, at least when looking at the animations of Virtuoso Bladesongs which probably are some of the more intricate additions in EoD (not that it mattered for gameplay...). ANet as a company has no gain in hating specific classes. This doesn't mean classes receive the same attention, of course. Sometimes ignoring certain issues is just the easiest or cheapest business decision.

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Like visuals aside things look great, but you also have to understand its a double edge sword for Virtuoso's atm esp at competitive play. The shatters are SO obvious its so easy to dodge them. F2 looks the best and a good player will almost never get hit by it.

No arguing about that. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

Those threads pop up everywhere, especially if there are nerfs. Even more so if players attribute their performance to their own skill instead of the state of their class or if they focus playing on one class only. It is way easier to see favioritism for other classes and being in the victim position. You will even see those threads on Guardian forums and while I won't go as far as saying that Guardian is ANets favorite child, Guardian objectively probably had the smoothest run during the lifetime of GW2.

Mesmers, and this also applies to Thieves, are difficult to balance for PvP scenarios because unless you are playing at a high tier or at least lack appropriate game knowledge they are rather hard to counter. This is only one small issue but personally, I think this is what it quite often boils down to for those classes. This is not true for Elementalist - Elementalist is mostly just more difficult to play than many other classes. And it most certainly is not true for Warrior even though they might be on a small drought at the moment. In contrast to Elementalist, Warrior has one of the simplest class mechanics (if not the simplest) and actually got one of the better track records when it comes to alterations introduced by eSpecs. "Need more Greataxe, need more smash!" is no real issue for a class (careful, hyperbole!).

So no... maybe some Devs dislike Mesmers. But some people at ANet seem to like it, at least when looking at the animations of Virtuoso Bladesongs which probably are some of the more intricate additions in EoD (not that it mattered for gameplay...). ANet as a company has no gain in hating specific classes. This doesn't mean classes receive the same attention, of course. Sometimes ignoring certain issues is just the easiest or cheapest business decision.

Maybe everyone thinks the devs hate their main class, but not every class as the balance devs literally say they keep them down intentionally.

• Thanks 4