Does Anet hate Mesmers?

raineybilly.6439

Like for real, I know Power Mirage was kind of busted back in the day... but is there no way to make the spec even enjoyable in PVP Anymore or ANY Mesmer Build to just be on a fair standing ground in PVP. Mesmer has always been my main since 2017 when I started playing and since 2019 it's felt as if Anet doesn't even pay attention to it unless its nerfing something. I consistently hit Plat 2-3 most seasons playing other stuff but I don't get as much enjoyment from any other class then when I played Mes! I love the game and playing it, I just want the Class I love playing to feel like i'm not completely just holding my team back by playing a class I enjoy

tldr: Quit the game in 2020 cause Mesmer has been trash since 2019, Came back for EoD after 2/Hlf Yrs, They haven't touched Power Mes, being Mirage or Chrono or just Base.

- How does a Company just not balance a Class after multiple years of it under-performing other Classes & add a new Spec that's also pretty trash.

Edited by raineybilly.6439
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Condi mesmer has a similar situation, pvp condi mirage was already almost inaccessible in 2020 after the fatal nerf, in 2021 they nerfed torment to run, now d 2022 they also nerfed the torment rune is now unavailable for WvW and partially already affected and PVE, so the problems are not only at the power mesmer

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Zraurum.8493 said:

Condi mesmer has a similar situation, pvp condi mirage was already almost inaccessible in 2020 after the fatal nerf, in 2021 they nerfed torment to run, now d 2022 they also nerfed the torment rune is now unavailable for WvW and partially already affected and PVE, so the problems are not only at the power mesmer

I agree, but Mesmer gets hit in the cross-fire a lot because it's already weaker than most builds you can choose to run. For me its Playstyle... I enjoy Mesmer playstyle and the way it feels. I never really enjoyed Condi Builds always leaning more towards Power but as of right now if you want to even play competively on Mes it pretty much has to be Condi... which is very poorly designed.

Latest patch notes they even buffed Virtuoso Condi (If you even want to call 2 extra secs) a buff that is. 

I don't know how Mes handles in Open-World really, PVP is my main focus SPVP & When i'm bored WvW but Mes just feels awful to play those in unless you're running Chrono in Zerg, but then again, thats just 1 build you can run on Mes to be able to even help your teammates or Squad.

Edited by raineybilly.6439
  • Like 3

The thing is most players hate fighting against mesmers. Even now mesmer doesn't have a build that is even close to meta worthy, you see people crying on forum that it is OP.

More seriously, I think some core mesmer kit that got nerfed during the days when chrono/mirage were op need to be brought back up since both chrono/mirage got very hard trade-off.

Edited by Exciton.8942
  • Like 5

On 3/16/2022 at 10:41 PM, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Yes, ANet hates Mesmers.

They also hate Elementalists, Necromancers, Rangers, Thieves, Engineers, Guardians, Warriors, and Revenants.

Bro Necromancers rolling in PVP for years.You have lifesteal,minions,2 lifebar ,fear .Every game Necros and Vindictus.Mesmer have nothing but shatter.İts absolute worst class in the pvp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:41 PM, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Yes, ANet hates Mesmers.

They also hate Elementalists, Necromancers, Rangers, Thieves, Engineers, Guardians, Warriors, and Revenants.

The only thing on this list that is agreeable is:

Mesmers, Ele, and Warriors

Everything else you listed clearly shows you don't play the game enough. At least competitive wise~

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A-net as a whole? probably not.

Old balance team/pannel/w.e was biased against mesmer.
PvP discord is biased against mesmer. 
Karl McLain specifically is biased against mesmer as confirmed by pro mes players at the time, and has remained so since 2013.
I don't think CMC is biased against mesmer specifically., he just doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to balancing mesmer. He sees old Cele ele as the pinnacle of balance and wants every class to get there; he just clearly doesn't know how, particularly for mesmer. At least not without gutting it and making it clunky and limited in build options.
Pretty sure Rubi is biased against mesmer too? not 100% sure, but she doesn't really get a say in that so it doesn't matter. But she probably gets sucked into all the casual-bads who complained about mesmer since 2012.
Grouch was actually not biased against mesmer in particular, but he was biased for Medium armor classes so I mean. It is what it is. I think he wanted a genuinely healthy game.

Should have hired Healseth if you wanted fair PvP for ALL

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Becuase most of other class players (mostly necro, guardian, ranger) are casuals and noobs. Mesmer players on PvP always been medi-high players. Because of this mesmer looked so powerful. Mesmer always been best players choice and all negative eyes turned to us.

Some of us still trying to keep it alive, still getting some fun with mesmer. But the problem never been Anet, it is players! If you think about a class is really OP go play with it, but you cant, you only can rumbling and mumbling on map chats and forums. Those untalented, big mouth noobs ruined the game!

Nowadays ppl talking about vindicator and mecha. I'm winning 9/10 games/fights againist them with my condi mirage. But ofcourse i witnessed many slaughters by them. But, hey noobs let me give you a secret information about it, those players 10 times better than you all, they can kill you with any other classes too and you gonna scream around with same words for different classes. Dont missunderstand me, yes there are some powerful classes around like thief, ranger but none of them can be call Over Powered. This is a big word, it means there is no way to kill them.

Anet should fix some skills on pvp not classes. For example; barrier should go from pvp, definetly, urgently! ranger roots, thief cc, tempest/ele shocking aura share etc etc

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Mesmer just in bad place and Anerf wants us there. People QQ about us all the time in Pvp or in raids because they don't know how to fight us for some reason or we do really well like one content of the game  -__- . I love Mesmer like you do and I love the play style but it takes work to get it to play well while some class they just button smash and do well regardless if they are support or dps. it is really unfair.

Edited by psi.9304
  • Like 5

Leaks from the private PvP discord with top players and the PvP+WvW balance devs CMC and Ben has shown them bluntly stating that since the Megabalance patch they've decided to look at mesmer as inherently unhealthy for PvP and thus while they don't want to make it legitimately unplayable, it should never be good or strong in PvP to incentivize people playing it and  that they feel it should comfortably be the weakest class and uncompetitive. 

Which scans with how mesmers have been unambiguously the weakest class in PvP since megabalance and have not received a not one, not a single buff post megabalance except for stuff the separate skills team implement like the staff rework (which was very swiftly nerfed).

On 3/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Shorts (who is on the private balance Discord) said on stream that he doesn't think Mesmer will be good because "the guys in charge of balance don't like Mesmer".

This has been confirmed through screencaps but you can't go around posting screencaps because you'll catch warnings and bans for posting that kind of stuff. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4