Does Anet hate Mesmers?

raineybilly.6439

11 hours ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Holo wasn't the main issue.  It was just the most unfair combo.

Arcing sclice was the main damage skill for strength spellbreaker.  Arcing slice, full counter, spam arcing slice again.  Whirlwind blade also hit hard, if they landed right.

Bulls charge was overloaded, but it was more the evade that was the problem as it allowed them to easily break combat and reset the fight due to being a very very long range dashing evade. If they were using it on you it was comfortably evaded and even it landed you could stunbreak and evade the follow up.

Rampage did too much damage but it was used as a hail mary when their basic kit failed and as a mesmer with chaos storm pretty easy to just no sell.

Unblockable dodge was a pain.

Nothing about that required megabalance, which has left us for with the most boring, awful meta ever since.

I also fought tons of really excellent spellbreakers and never had zero idea what hit me like you're suggesting.

light armor, no protection.
whirlwind did 14k dmg. dodge did about 10k
you didnt even had to land any arcing or bulls, just dodge on top of someone and then whirlwind and they were dead from full.
this is why EVERY BUILD pre feb ran either toughness amulet, or perma protection, usually both.
Throw rock that flew through walls hitting for 16k, bulls charge that was hitting for 10k that could randomply bug and not register you moving. War rondomly appears on top of you 10k -> 16k you are dead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

my favorite part is:

Power Mirage Was not busted, Condi Mirage was not busted.

What was busted was Bunker Mirage in Season 9. Due to a few mechanics, one being mirages Dodge Being usuable during Stuns etc etc.

This wasnt the case of "a Entire speccs broken" This is a Baseline mechanic which was making the proffession overperform at a Specific Role in SPVP, now they could of Nerfed the Actual thing people were unhappy with Instead, they persisted to have it Exist and Just Nerfed absolutely everything around that One Mechanic.

and lets amound. the entire problem isnt the fact we lost a Dodge, the problem was they Stacked a HEAP of nerfs on our Dodge renegeration.. then Removed a Dodge ontop without reversing any prior nerfs, they just Litterally Nerfed it every patch til it stopped being played.

if they actually did something with some Depth and Reworked our Dodge mechanic into a Actual functional System (Vindicator being a good example of this) it'd of likely not Destroyed the specc like it has done.

Edited March 21 by Daddy.8125

We have a BINGO!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Evidence from the future:

- Nerfed in June 28th patch in exchange for group buffs. 

- Aug 2nd patch was supposed to be Mesmer/Warrior focused. Yet it reworked maybe two traits in a completely counterproductive way while Warrior got a full banner rework. 

- Late Aug patch, oh more nerfs while virtually everyone gets buffs or their dps untouched.

It's hard to come to a conclusion other then them being hated or neglected at best. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

On 3/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

Mesmers are scary so they got nerfed simple as that 

Not that I like it any more than you do

For 9 years i play purely just mesmer, it feels like they change the dynamics and character of it every few months. 

Virt briefly was turned into proper glass cannon, fragile and deadly, now its mediocre damage meta with very low survivability again, yet it doesnt need to be easy for mesmers, always was hard to play, hence alluring to play.

We know the balancing team is expressing extremely heavy favoritism, and for what i care they can turn their favorite classes into 500k dps gods, it just be nice if they stop messing with gameplay, at this point it feels like trolling, at least boost survivability or smtg if u make it average dps, or it be 1% steam login gate mesmer players 2 weeks post steam release.

Inb4 comments that survivability is good.. it is not, go back to old story missions or smtg, not sure how unexperienced player will finish some HOT ones while soloing. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Yes. Especially Chrono. Idk what happened, but ever since that change in management around 2019, Chrono has been hit with nerf after nerf just after it received some good buffs. It was overpowered, but honestly, what you get out of a class should reflect what you put into it and 2019 Chrono did just that. Strong, but you had to spend time learning and practicing and it took dedication. Meanwhile all the other class builds can do so much with far less input and are much less dependent on stats

Edited by Vincenzo.3145
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, Vincenzo.3145 said:

Yes. Especially Chrono. Idk what happened, but ever since that change in management around 2019, Chrono has been hit with nerf after nerf just after it received some good buffs. It was overpowered, but honestly, what you get out of a class should reflect what you put into it and 2019 Chrono did just that. Strong, but you had to spend time learning and practicing and it took dedication. Meanwhile all the other class builds can do so much with far less input and are much less dependent on stats

I play my Mesmer in WvW when I want to challenge myself to improve. I have both a roaming build and a Zerg support/portal build.

When I just want to run with the Zerg and hit buttons without thinking and still support, I play Scrapper.