Someone tried to kick me out of a dungeon in 2022

Nex.1453

I was trying to do a quick round of twilight arbor for some nightmare runes on the necro because I didn't feel like coughing up 70 gold for torment runes. When I said I wanted to skip the mobs and head straight for the boss, they tried to kick me because they wanted to kill the mobs instead.

*Edit: more context because people are confused

- We skipped all the way until the last section, when there were too many elites and spores in the way. The person who made the lfg didn't say anything when posting, there were zero expectations on how the run was suppose to go.

- Sure, maybe if they gave me a bit more time I would've went back and helped them clear the mobs, but they just suddenly decided to kick me. 

Like, I get it if it's a 100cm fractal or a raid and you're not pulling your weight / not doing the mechanics, but kicking in a dungeon in 2022? Seriously? I was almost tempted to just use my extractors and get the rune from my condi soulbeast. Even though I had some great interactions helping new players out with the dungeon recently, I'll now just forever remember this one negative experience that'll overshadow all the good ones in my memory.

Just wanted to rant.

Edited by Nex.1453
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Nex.1453 said:

I was trying to do a quick round of twilight arbor for some nightmare runes on the necro because I didn't feel like coughing up 70 gold for torment runes. When I said I wanted to skip the mobs and head straight for the boss, they tried to kick me because they wanted to kill the mobs instead.

Like, I get it if it's a 100cm fractal or a raid and you're not pulling your weight / not doing the mechanics, but kicking in a dungeon in 2022? Seriously? I was almost tempted to just use my extractors and get the rune from my condi soulbeast. Even though I had some great interactions helping new players out with the dungeon recently, I'll now just forever remember this one negative experience that'll overshadow all the good ones in my memory.

Just wanted to rant.

Sounds like you should have just left and found another group then?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

That's exactly what I did. Doesn't take away from the toxic experience though when they try to kick you right before the final boss.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Nex.1453 said:

That's exactly what I did. Doesn't take away from the toxic experience though when they try to kick you right before the final boss.

Did you make the group?

When not, your'e the toxic one for talking bad about people, who just wanted a chill-run.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 8
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Did you make the group?

When not, your'e the toxic one for talking bad about people, who just wanted a chill-run.

By that logic, wouldn't that make you toxic as well for calling me toxic?

• Like 2
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

GW2 has this kitten feature called anyone can hijack your group. 

Just a side note, I don't agree nor disagree with the OP

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Nex.1453 said:

Regardless of whether the group wanted to kill the mobs or skip, kicking people is not cool. There's a reason they made it so you can't kick people right before killing a raid boss. That's my entire point.

They wanted to do the entire dungeon, you just wanted to skip to the end. I’d kick you too if you refused to leave and wasted my game time.

The problem would have been solved by you making a lfg asking for people who want to skip to the end, not trying to impose your will on the other people, then blaming them. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Swagger.1459 said:

They wanted to do the entire dungeon, you just wanted to skip to the end. I’d kick you too if you refused to leave and wasted my game time.

The problem would have been solved by you making a lfg asking for people who want to skip to the end, not trying to impose your will on the other people, then blaming them. 

We skipped all the way until the last section, when there were too many elites and spores in the way. The person who made the lfg didn't say anything when posting, there were zero expectations on how the run was suppose to go.

Sure, maybe if they gave me a bit more time I would've went back and helped them clear the mobs, but they just suddenly decided to kick me. 

26 minutes ago, Nex.1453 said:

Regardless of whether the group wanted to kill the mobs or skip, kicking people is not cool. There's a reason they made it so you can't kick people right before killing a raid boss. That's my entire point.

This is my entire point, which nobody seems to be acknowledging. 

Edited by Nex.1453
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nex.1453 said:

Just wanted to rant.

So I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here: when they didn't want to go along with you, did you "insist" on speeding through it or did you oblige with the majority's will? If you insisted on speeding, I'd say they were right to kick you, but if you obliged (or they didn't wait for you to respond), I'd say they were a bit toxic indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jin.8501 said:

GW2 has this kitten feature called anyone can hijack your group. 

Just a side note, I don't agree nor disagree with the OP

Which was added for similar reasons actually.  

But yeah, I don’t agree or disagree with the OP either.  We don’t have the full story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this why i donot like doing dungeons it is very not friendly to new players. i use to do dungeons alot and most fun content i do when still new player but one experience made me not longer do it. i say never done this one dungeon before then the person say " then leave" wow then im never doing dungeon again so not friendly for new players and sometime toxic people. i cry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nex.1453 said:

We skipped all the way until the last section, when there were too many elites and spores in the way. The person who made the lfg didn't say anything when posting, there were zero expectations on how the run was suppose to go.

Sure, maybe if they gave me a bit more time I would've went back and helped them clear the mobs, but they just suddenly decided to kick me. 

This is my entire point, which nobody seems to be acknowledging. 

Thats because you said nothing but someone kicked you and now you are sad~ and can't move on from one negative experience.

The way you write it now sounds quite different and understandable, even if it is still not worth it for me personally to start a discussion in the forum over such a thing.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  Sadly, communicating via in-game chat is an even more imperfect iteration of the imperfect art of interpersonal communication.  So many people assume that others think the same way they do, and this  can result in negative interactions when this is proven false.

I won't guess why the others kicked you.  Taking your description at face value, I think that the ideal reaction would have been for them to say, "We'd rather kill the mobs, would you please rejoin us?"

• Thanks 1

Seems like a case of lacking communication on both sides. Sadly, apparently people would rather rant on a forum than ask a short question ingame ("want to rush without clearing mobs?").  On the other hand, the creator of the party could just tell you they don't want to rush or that they want a full dungeon run instead of just trying to kick you out of the party. 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, moony.5780 said:

Or maybe they missclicked....like sending a message or adding as friend

True, missclick is also an option.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

in short,. dont dungeon with noobs under lv80 without elite spec/very low mastery

(over 80 with elite spec, highh mastery usually has enough dps to fast kill even if they dont skip so doesnt matter either way)

this is my observation from doing dungeoneer just a month before EoD launched, and while it's toxic, it'll save you 50-70% of time

oh also, twilight arbor is a bit special when it comes to skips (mostly fwd), even experienced groups can wipe trying to skip

Edited by Peterson.5172
  • Confused 7

10 hours ago, Nex.1453 said:

*Edit: more context because people are confused

- We skipped all the way until the last section, when there were too many elites and spores in the way. The person who made the lfg didn't say anything when posting, there were zero expectations on how the run was suppose to go.

- Sure, maybe if they gave me a bit more time I would've went back and helped them clear the mobs, but they just suddenly decided to kick me. 

Just wanted to rant.

People are gonna give you kitten. Just remember. The same people who are giving you kitten are the same people who support gatekeeping a certain Map. Like a member of a guild of a certain streamer who is currently dealing with backlash as of this moment because said guild member is trying to trick people into going into fake maps.

I'm sure I'm going to get kitten for saying that, but just remember. I wasn't the one who gave the ammunition.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267 said:

People are gonna give you kitten. Just remember. The same people who are giving you kitten are the same people who support gatekeeping a certain Map. Like a member of a guild of a certain streamer who is currently dealing with backlash as of this moment because said guild member is trying to trick people into going into fake maps.

I'm sure I'm going to get kitten for saying that, but just remember. I wasn't the one who gave the ammunition.

That term "gatekeeper" is bandied about so often that it's lost all meaning.

Just remember: the same people who misuse it are the same ones who condone eating 500g blocks of cheese whole.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

That term "gatekeeper" is bandied about so often that it's lost all meaning.

Just remember: the same people who misuse it are the same ones who condone eating 500g blocks of cheese whole.

As you can see, he doesn't even have any insightful to say, because he knows I'm right. He's too focus on "But that isn't gate keeping" Despite the fact that, you know. Tricking players into another map to keep them out of yours is pretty scummy to do?

• Confused 2