Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

I wouldn't mind a nerf to the pet, but they better not touch the non pet utility skills. I finally found a profession that fits my playstyle. And to be honest, I rather not have the pet. It's just a bonus I'm taking advantage of now.... while I still can.

The closest other profession I enjoyed was a mesmer mirage build. But the reliance on unreliable clones and phantasms in PvP made it unfun. If they made Jaunt a baseline utility like the rocket boots for engineers, I'd probably stick with my mesmer but switch to Virtuoso. Seems silly that Jaunt is an elite skill and it's worse than baseline rocket boots from engineers.

So nerf the mechanist pet but leave the engineer player utility skills alone.

Edited by Smart College Boy.3249
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 3/20/2022 at 11:32 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Support mechanist is just as good as Firebrand in groups(provides alac instead of quickness though).

What's wrong with it?  

DPS mechanist is doing extremely high DPS.

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

DPS virtuoso, FB, harbinger, specter, wellbinder, catalyst (and the list goes on) doin extremely high DPS too. What exactly is wrong with it? DPS should not do dmg?  

The skill floor on this class is extremely low, probably the lowest in the entire game.

DPS mecha aswell as any engineer spec has by far the hardest rotations, unless you faceroll the KB with your 20k dps on golem that consider its good damage output and then getting curious why you getting kicked from majority of the groups.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, daesz.2439 said:

What's wrong with it?  

DPS virtuoso, FB, harbinger, specter, wellbinder, catalyst (and the list goes on) doin extremely high DPS too. What exactly is wrong with it? DPS should not do dmg?  

DPS mecha aswell as any engineer spec has by far the hardest rotations, unless you faceroll the KB with your 20k dps on golem that consider its good damage output and then getting curious why you getting kicked from majority of the groups.

Mech has a 4 button low intensity 38k golem build. The amount of decent LI builds nowadays is great and really should be advertised to newer players, people who prefer less-stressful rotations or those with disabilities. The piano ele/eng classes are much more approachable. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Screw that thumbnail, it’s clickbait nonsense.  That build does 28k on the golem if you watch the video, granted it’d be like 32k with buffs on the pet.  Please don’t buy into and spread the clickbait lie.  The 38k is from the SH fight in the video which takes massive confusion damage. 

All that said, yeah jdrive build is broken.  I hope they just hit superconducting signet/mace and let the 3 kit jade dynamo build be competitive with the other 40k+ condi builds which there are quite a few of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Only the support/heal Mech is really strong.    And that's probably a good thing as people don't really want to play support anyway. So its good to have some overpowered options in that realm.. 

Straight DPS condi Mech is not that strong compared to many other classes in instanced fights.  Tanking Pet doesn't really help in raids and strikes.

And Alac Mech is worse then Renegade - as you rely on a melee attack to keep up your alac. Renegade can keep it up easier and still use shortbow to deal strong ranged damage.  You can also run staff/staff mirage for alac with perma range. 

People are trying to torpedo Mechs because of Golem damage and the heal mech. This is not really a good idea.  Each spec need to be compared to its competition. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well I think you missed the point of the low APM mechanist builds. They were originally meant for someone with a disability and cannot play regularly, while also wanting to raid and not be dead weight. In fairness some of the low effort mechanist builds have a buttload of work behind them.

1 hour ago, jpsssss.7530 said:

Well I think you missed the point of the low APM mechanist builds. They were originally meant for someone with a disability and cannot play regularly, while also wanting to raid and not be dead weight. In fairness some of the low effort mechanist builds have a buttload of work behind them.

If we are talking Alac builds both Mirage and Renegade have some low effort builds.  For renegade with short bow you can simply switch between legends hit their "do more damage" ability - hit a few bow attacks - and rebuff alac.   For mirage its even easier its basically dodge and hit 1 - after you get  your clones up.  You can even leave the clones up for bosses. 

Where Mech really shines is the open world - its awesome there.  But that should not lead to nerfs for instanced content - where they are not really that strong compared to competition - outside of heal mech.  Heal mech is clearly the strongest  - don't get me wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, Cookieplump.4921 said:

Mech has a 4 button low intensity 38k golem build. The amount of decent LI builds nowadays is great and really should be advertised to newer players, people who prefer less-stressful rotations or those with disabilities. The piano ele/eng classes are much more approachable. 

you call this LI?, Yeah its LI compared to Jade Dynamo lol, do you understand the amount of micromanagement , and skill swapping involved? Methinks you are thinking of power alac mech which is the lowest performing build out there, only brought to content to provide alac.

Rotation

Opening

First Loop

2.        (difference to second loop)

Second Loop

2.     (difference to first loop)

Mech Priority List

Besides your own rotation, you also have to manage the mech's skills. Make sure to keep them on cooldown in the following order:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Oh I should post the lowest intensity build in the game that tops the charts. Singling out a spec and saying its not complicated enough to do that kind of damage is ironic considering I can link half a dozen others that top the charts that are as simple or simpler . Stop this ridiculousness, in real play applications it takes good players to produce those kinds of results.   

Rotation

Opener

1. Weapon Swap
  2.  (  during the cast)
  3. Weapon Swap
Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

you call this LI?, Yeah its LI compared to Jade Dynamo lol, do you understand the amount of micromanagement , and skill swapping involved? Methinks you are thinking of power alac mech which is the lowest performing build out there, only brought to content to provide alac.

Rotation

Opening

First Loop

Second Loop

Mech Priority List

Besides your own rotation, you also have to manage the mech's skills. Make sure to keep them on cooldown in the following order:

This isn’t the rotation for the LI mech build you were quoting. Of course there are many more complicated builds out there, not sure what your point is?

Are you saying Engineer is too complicated to maximize DPS? That’s not unique. Most players will never achieve those results in real content with moving targets and mechanics.

LI builds exist to provide a base, acceptable level of DPS for minimal player input. A lot of players will actually do more DPS and be better at mechanics by utilizing an LI build than a primary Snow Crows copy-paste. 

If they aren’t happy with the DPS output for a 4 button mech rotation, there is another mech rotation exploiting missiles and pet range, or they can swap to holo and camp sword autos. 

• Confused 3

On 5/31/2022 at 7:59 PM, Hume.2876 said:

Only the support/heal Mech is really strong.    And that's probably a good thing as people don't really want to play support anyway. So its good to have some overpowered options in that realm.. 

Straight DPS condi Mech is not that strong compared to many other classes in instanced fights.  Tanking Pet doesn't really help in raids and strikes.

And Alac Mech is worse then Renegade - as you rely on a melee attack to keep up your alac. Renegade can keep it up easier and still use shortbow to deal strong ranged damage.  You can also run staff/staff mirage for alac with perma range. 

People are trying to torpedo Mechs because of Golem damage and the heal mech. This is not really a good idea.  Each spec need to be compared to its competition. 

Havent read so many wrong points in a while.

Straight dps mech outdamages mirage on confusion bosses while simultaniously being the best on slow attacking bosses.

Alac mech doesnt rely on aa. the builds are made for upkeep with f2+f3. aa is a bonus. it also provides 25might + fury unlike ren. power ren works only with another healer and its dps is lower aswell unless you mean condi ritu ren which has other drawbacks. mirage is just better than ren most of the time.

• Confused 3

21 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Rotation

Opening

First Loop

Second Loop

Mech Priority List

I want a clown emote in this forum..

Power mech and this are almost the exact same. if you check the loops you would notice that both loops are almost the same and very simple. there is no micromanagement... The SH rotation replaces most of this with auto attacks btw.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Don't think we can argue that Mech is destroying the game after the last round of PvP nerfs. 

It is now weak in PvP (AI complainers got what they wanted to no one's surprise)

Weak in WvW. AI is useless in zergs and it has a lot of weakneses 1vX.

What we have on our hands is a PvE spec (that doesn't work underwater), and it's a PvE spec that is about to face stiff competition from Druid and SlB. 

Druid is already a stacked build with spirits, fury, regen, 25 might, AoE rezzes, spotter, entangle, cleanses, ect. Once it gets alac it will be able to role compress even better. 

Most imortantly, people won't be able to use the excuse "but muh pet tank" because druid has a 2 perma pet tanks that they don't need to run an elite skill to res. 

Once soulbeast gets alac it will be able to provode alac, good dps, spirits, spotter, and stance share. 

It's time to move on to complaining about something else.

Firebrand is still stronger in PvE while being meta in WvW

Harbinger is meta in every game mode. 

Renegade is still the preferred dps alac option over Mech.

More reliable in fractals because it works in aquatic ruins and doesn't need to rely on AI that randomly gets stuck after you teleport (happens a lot in fractals). It can also precast at Mistlock unlike Mechanist (Don't know why mech skills don't reset. Bug?) Road and Mallyx pull are also very useful utility.

Afformentioned druid and Soulbest once June patch drops. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Once soulbeast gets alac it will be able to provode alac, good dps, spirits, spotter, and stance share. 

It can also precast at Mistlock unlike Mechanist (Don't know why mech skills don't reset. Bug?)

Just 2 things to comment on.

First, Spirits are going to be changing to get the Alacrity, so I don't think it's fair to imply that spirits will still be a strength for rangers while accounting for Alacrity separately.  And, we have no idea how it will all work, so like if they end up needing 100% boon duration and 3 utility slots to upkeep Alac, SLB probably won't be a great pick, but if it needs 20% boon duration and 1 or 2 utility slots, it might be a great pick for Power Alac.

And then, I don't think Mech skills not resetting is a bug, just an unfortunate gap in design.  The Mistlock resets all of the player's skills, the mech commands are not our skills, they are the Mech's skills and we can't force the Mech to use the mistlock and reset them.  So it's working as intended, it just kinda sucks for us.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, a thread about the infamous "engi for dummies" spec. A VERY low intensity build that deals absurde amount of damages, where is the problem ? Comon guys, u can still play core condi engi and do half the damages while playing piano with 4 kits and all toolbelt skills 🤡

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Dodgy Muppet.9082 said:

Why does the word "kitten" keep popping up?

It's the forum filter word for objectionable language. Not perfect, but it mostly does what it was created to do. Some posters will type in the word themselves; I think to avoid bans or other forum "vacations".

32 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

It's the forum filter word for objectionable language. Not perfect, but it mostly does what it was created to do. Some posters will type in the word themselves; I think to avoid bans or other forum "vacations".

Kitten me, that's kitten hilarious. What the kitten!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Lol these devs buffed this class despite an overwhelming amount of evidence showing it needed to be nerfed.

Or just buff the other classes. Working hard for a potential but unlikely 40k maximum in condi mechanist isn't actually overpowered. Realistically you should be happy if you obtain 80% of any benchmark in actual practice. 
I think all classes should be capable of 40k and have a variety of roles they can serve. But unfortunately there is a now confirmed developer bias. IMO the developers are ruining the game not the class. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1