Hero of Lion's Arch

TeeracK.3601

Please please please. When you bring back season one don't bring back the Hero of Lion's Arch title. I've used it since 2014 and I like how exclusive it is. Please have either a new title or at the very least change the color of the title to something cooler for people who actually took down scarlet when she was current.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nah I dont agree with this OP bring back everything so people can get all the bells and whistles.

Ap, titles and items.

no people who actually played through and supported the old content should have exclusives. Every single other MMO has rewards from their classic game that never come back, and it be stupid if they were to re-add them. Just make a new title.

Edited by TeeracK.3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I've never understood how other people not being allowed something they might enjoy makes it better for you. I just don't see the appeal there at all, if I like something then I'm going to enjoy using it regardless of how common it is, if I don't like it then knowing someone else might and can't have it isn't going to make me enjoy it more. (If anything it puts me off because then I feel guilty that they don't get to enjoy it.)

I don't use Hero of Lion's Arch very often, but Volunteer is one of my favourite titles to use, particularly on characters who are levelling up or doing map completion and therefore just roaming around doing whatever they come across. I'm happy that more people will get to use it (although I'm not sure many will consider it worthwhile - it's the one you got for repairing all the sign posts) because if I enjoy it I think other people might do too.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

idk how you can't understand it? It's just the core concept of prestige and collecting. I see people who have things I want or can't get in game and it just makes me think of those things as cooler. good example is something like the corrupted ashbringer(rare drop from very hard old content that was removed) in wow or any of the challenge mode mage tower(solo challenge mode boss fight in the game only for limited time) skins for their weapons. I really wanted some of those old challenge mode skins back when I played wow a lot, but I'm not so selfish as to think it would be smart or cool for them to bring them back just so i can get them. It honestly would just make me lose some faith in the design choices(not that I respect or have faith for blizzard in years 😛) if the dev's don't value meaningful limited time rewards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

There is no prestige in arbitrarily wanting to deprive others of the option to get something.

Arenanet should bring back all the limited rewards that were there. It's just the fair thing for newer players and those who didn't get the things during the original releases.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, TeeracK.3601 said:

no people who actually played through and supported the old content should have exclusives. Every single other MMO has rewards from their classic game that never come back, and it be stupid if they were to re-add them. Just make a new title.

I have said title you know how much I used it maybe afew hours after I got it then it have been collecting dust in my title collection.

So I dont agree if they make a title then people can earn both.

We got fractals of the mists we can go back in time and be there at the time it happened in game if that is needed for you to accept that all deserve the title as well as chances to get everything else that were exclusive for that time.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

I don't care in the slightest about the title but you really walked out with a lightning rod in a meadow on a stormy night with this thread. Coming on and saying something akin to "I have this cool thing and you can't have it because I don't want you to have it" never gets a favorable response. Kind of like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wotNCPtroWs

• Like 2

I can't agree. I truly appreciate the philosophy that others should have a chance to obtain things for the effort they've put in, equally do I understand the burden of wanting something that's unobtainable. For Hero of Lion's Arch to be made obtainable again, the weight of it's meaning would be erased.

The Battle of Lion's Arch was quite literally one of my earliest moments of PC gaming, I was sixteen at the time. To this day when I walk around our current Lion's Arch, I sometimes reflect on just how impactful that singular event was. That event made me feel sorrowful, truly. I remember the uncountable number of people outside the city gates as people prepared to run back in, I remember hearing civilian's screaming in the distance as some made it to safety while others didn't during each vista I gathered. If you needed to catch your breath, the only way was to find cover and pray one of the MANY wandering patrols didn't notice you. It always felt as though everything you accomplished there was never enough. Irrergardless of how many people you saved, there were always more. 

My point is: I wouldn't of ever learned to appreciate just what was presented to us had it been made repeatable content. It HAD to be for that time only, it has to be a race. Otherwise there would be no reason to reflect, no reason to look at the title on someone and go, "So, you were there when everything began to burn?"

Truly do I understand it's an event in a video game. While there's nothing I can do about them bringing the event back, what I ask is that title remains unobtainable. It serves to mark whose who were there, those who watched everything fall, and those who remained until it was finished. By all rights, they were heroes. Don't take that away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, TeeracK.3601 said:

There's different exclusives for old players already, like the mordrem glider for people who owned HoT before it merged with PoF, or that one outfit for players who bought the game before it went F2P. But these exclusive rewards are for people who bought the game or expansion before it went free. You didn't pay for Season 1, so different mentality.

If ANet wanted, they could create a different exclusive for people who have S1 achievements, while bringing the old achievements back in their own form. Even then, I can never understand the desire for exclusiveness for being old players - it's one thing to have something "you need x time playing the game" to receive like birthday gifts, or even for "you won this one-time championship, here's a prize that'll never be given out again"; but it's another thing for "you get this because you participated at this time for something anyone can do now".

That last one? That's little more than an NFT. Nobody likes NFTs. Except those who get them, I suppose (and as someone with S1 rewards, I want others to get a crack at having them).

I say bring back as much S1 content as possible for this game. Rewards included.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
kitten that double spacing
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:02 AM, TeeracK.3601 said:

Then the "The Blazing Light" title and the Liadri mini should never have returned, either?

According to that logic, no one should ever be allowed to obtain a doctor's degree in real-life through a university degree, because - you know - you weren't there when the title was introduced! 😅

P.S. @ "confused" person: what are your reasons to want to keep the title exclusive?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The other thing is that if LWS1 had been continually playable after the fact like all of the other LWS, there would be no exclusivity to any of the titles of it.  I don't care if I got some title from an achievement shortly after it was released, and some other player got that achievement by starting play 5 years later and getting it.

One could argue that the open world of LWS1 is different than the instanced content that replaced it.  However, there have been all sorts of changes made to the game in other ways, which makes some achievements that were previously really hard to get fairly easy now (mounts, more powerful builds, gizmos like position rewinder, etc)

• Like 2

I will never got this exclusive thing about stuff that is no longer avaible. It feels more like i was being on the rigth place at the rigth time. Prestigious titels are fine as long as they aviable to everyone. I like hard to get titels, skins or pets/mounts. But i think everyone at any given time should be able to get them too. Let it be a hilarious grindfest or a real display of class knowledge or skillfull play but let everyone be potential part of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, TeeracK.3601 said:

idk how you can't understand it? It's just the core concept of prestige and collecting. I see people who have things I want or can't get in game and it just makes me think of those things as cooler. good example is something like the corrupted ashbringer(rare drop from very hard old content that was removed) in wow or any of the challenge mode mage tower(solo challenge mode boss fight in the game only for limited time) skins for their weapons. I really wanted some of those old challenge mode skins back when I played wow a lot, but I'm not so selfish as to think it would be smart or cool for them to bring them back just so i can get them. It honestly would just make me lose some faith in the design choices(not that I respect or have faith for blizzard in years 😛) if the dev's don't value meaningful limited time rewards.

I understand wanting something you don't have and thinking it would be cool to have it. What I don't understand is how knowing someone else doesn't have it makes it more enjoyable for people who do.

For example I got the mini llama when it was first available and it's remained one of my favourite minis not just because it's a llama but because whenever I use it I remember 4 of my friends being mad enough or nice enough (or both) to agree to enter a PvP tournament with someone who had never played PvP before. I remember our attempts at training, the stress as we waited for our first match to begin and the dawning relief and surprise when our opponents didn't show up so we got through by default, then the hilarity when our opponents absolutely wiped the floor with us in our second match. But it didn't matter, we'd got our llamas.

Later on they added other ways to get the mini llama, then had to add additional uses for it because there were so many in the game and PvP players didn't know what to do with them all. It's not a rare mini and anyone who wants one can try to earn it, but that doesn't change how I feel about mine. It doesn't even really change what other people might think if they see me using it because there's no way they'd know the story behind it just by looking at it.

I absolutely understand that the way a reward is obtained can make it more special or meaningful. But I completely disagree that preventing other people from earning it too makes it more special or meaningful for those who have it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2