Dragon's End Meta is Garbage

Kite.5327

I finally did one. 

i had a char on that map and logged in to a meta in progress so I gave it a try. I figured we would lose (and we did) because if I can get in at that stage, it’s not an organized event. 

it was a confusing mess. I was trying to see what was going on, avoid the many!! AOEs, read chat for player directions and pay attention to the NPCs giving directions, try to figure out the mechanics, and half the time I was completely lost. I guess it gets better if you do it multiple times but.. no rewards for spending an hour trying? That’s not an incentive. There’s just to much going on at once for my less than stellar fps to render. Pretty much I was blindly following the crowd and this was even after watching a couple of videos on how to do it. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Dragon's End meta EXPOSES lazy players who can't manage half-decent DPS or understand the importance of boons.

No, it doesn't, there's no leaderboards or scoresheets. Everyone on the map just fails it, no matter what your DPS was or your boons were or if your pinky was out when you drank your tea.    

The only thing I've seen it expose are the dregs of the community that are the exact reason why so many people balk at signing up for group content and would rather have functional open world events that they can participate in without judgment.

• Like 38
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, VPK.1796 said:

Tried the pre-nerf version ? 🤔

Yes I did and I got my turtle before nerf. But this meta sucks for open world event. I don't even know why I am still participating in this discussion anymore.  Anet and few of you can keep this meta.. but be sure to pay bills as well coz I am not paying Anet anymore for the direction game is taking.

DE meta, RNG base drop for T3 upgrade component for jade bot, just to name few.

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

personally i like the meta, it's an Event, something to sit down with a drink and snacks and really focus for a hour.

I've done it 3 times with my guild so far, first clear with 1 second to spare(pre-patch), then 2 minutes(post), and the last time with 5 mins. i've also done it a couple of times with PUGs, and cleared it with a couple of minutes to spare.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

Whoever decided that, you need to do at least 10 preevents - with a full squad - before the meta even starts in order to be able to even challange the boss needs to be fired. That's just bad design. You're forcing players to spend at least an hour or 2 before the meta starts in order to have a chance at the meta. And then, the preevents start, so you do another half hour of that (seriously?), and only then do you get a chance at a boss that has no real business being an open world boss. 

I don't mind her mechanics that much, but you're expecting way too much coordination and time investment out of way too much people. This stuff works in raids where you need 10 people to get their kitten together. Forcing 50 open worlders to not only do raid rotations but also start at a fresh map, then reward nothing worth the 3 hour investment if it succeds, and nothing if it fails is just baffling...

But i went in more detail in another thread. Still... Can't help but rant at the bad design.

I mean, even in Dragon's Stand you could join in later, and still kill the boss, you weren't a burden if you didn't have your 10 stacks of DPS juice on you that you farmed for an hour before Dragon's stand even starts.

I get that it's the last last boss and needs to be epic, but that's not the way to do it.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Whoever decided that, you need to do at least 10 preevents - with a full squad - before the meta even starts in order to be able to even challange the boss needs to be fired. That's just bad design. You're forcing players to spend at least an hour or 2 before the meta starts in order to have a chance at the meta. And then, the preevents start, so you do another half hour of that (seriously?), and only then do you get a chance at a boss that has no real business being an open world boss.

you can absolutely do DE without getting any of buffs from the daytime pre-events

Edited by Parasite.5389
addded "getting any of buffs from the" for clarification
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you can absolutely do DE without doing any of daytime the pre-events

Yeah, that's why everyone is failing and calling the meta garbage. 

And i'm sure you can, i'm sure you can benchmark 7549073045763086730k DPS on the golem and on the last boss as well, and i'm sure you can skill cancel perfectly to maximize that juice, but i hate to break it to you, you're a very small minority. Most people can't do that, and when you balance something intended for large groups around the highest skill ceiling and not the average player, then you get forum posts like OP here. It's really not that hard to grasp, you pretending DE isn't badly designed won't change the fact that people are just not having fun with it.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

How, when this game is supposedly designed to be a good match for casual players?

Because when you have -for example- 80% of easy content and 20% of the hard one (feel free to make your own estimates about that), the game doesn't somehow stop being a good match for casual players.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 2

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

And i'm sure you can, i'm sure you can benchmark 7549073045763086730k DPS on the golem and on the last boss as well, and i'm sure you can skill cancel perfectly to maximize that juice, but i hate to break it to you, you're a very small minority. Most people can't do that, and when you balance something intended for large groups around the highest skill ceiling and not the average player, then you get forum posts like OP here. It's really not that hard to grasp, you pretending DE isn't badly designed won't change the fact that people are just not having fun with it.

honestly, no, I'm terrible at the game, I don't raid, i don't do Fractals, my build is garbage, and the last time i look at my benchmark in was around 10k

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

Except this meta is not balanced around the highest skill ceiling.
If it was we'd need dedicated healers, the required DPS wouldn't be a measly 7k, but 20k, or even more, there'd be more mechanics other than the Red "don't stand in it", Green "stand in it" and the other "just wack it" and "jump over it". There'd be mechanics that instantly wipe.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 2