about last patch?

"Tier 3 upgrades for jade bot modules can now be purchased from Myung-Hee in Seitung Province and Zazzl in Arborstone."

This change what? is new modules tier for purchase?

"The elite specialization collection item earned from completing the End of Dragons story can now be earned from completing the Dragon's End meta-event or purchased from vendors in Dragon's End if you have finished the story with another character. The text will be adjusted to reflect this change in a separate update."

This is so great, that i can just believe.

"Recipes for lower-level potions of slaying have been adjusted. Weak recipes produce 1 potion, minor recipes produce 2, powerful recipes still produce 10, and all other recipes produce 3."

This is a nerf? 😨

• Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

The potion thing does appear to be a nerf.  Didn't even the minor ones give 5 per recipe?  They nerf and nerf the things we can craft and salvage for Research Notes -- it's almost like they don't want us to have them.  Am getting fed up.

yes was 5. and the cost of most of them was already high  than 50copper to craft. i was using them to sink my materials.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

3 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Is there a mount that we didn't have to do something for?

Nah did Skyscale as it was meant to be - then all made easy.... issue is strike mission....  like why oh why force that on people?   Against the QoL side for sure... 

Sell the strike trophy I say !

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You still aren't forced to do the Strike.

No but I am locked on XP until I get that trophy.... 12 times for meta about 9 for  Maw.... so much time spent on something when I get little time to play.

I am force to do the strike to get the turtle... 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Is there a mount that we didn't have to do something for?

The EoD version of the Springer is acquired by basically just talking to a renown heart NPC, before doing that heart (which the Wiki has still wrong). No more prerequisite Raptor masteries, collecting carrots or paying gold required.

back on topic:

- EoD-only accounts still can't unlock core Tyria mastery insights.

- the Old Bell Shrine hero challenge is still not repeatable, unless someone who hasn't done it before starts it

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

The EoD version of the Springer is acquired by basically just talking to a renown heart NPC, before doing that heart (which the Wiki has still wrong). No more prerequisite Raptor masteries, collecting carrots or paying gold required.

back on topic:

- the Old Bell Shrine hero challenge is still not repeatable, unless someone who hasn't done it before starts it

That is interesting. Didn't know since I've had the mounts since PoF. 

I was actually quite surprised how easy it was to get the mounts on my EoD-only account. It will probably take a bit, but for new players who either have EoD-only or HoT/PoF/EoD, it will be much nicer story-wise and generally easier to unlock the glider and mounts in the future.

39 minutes ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

back on topic:

If you find something that the wiki has wrong, create an account and update it.  Anet doesn't maintain the wiki, we do.  I've made a couple of updates myself, it really isn't that difficult, and might help your fellow GW2 players out a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are they going to give us a sticky thread to discuss? 
Anyway...

"Added a pair of diving goggles and a diving achievement in Arborstone." always wondered why new added features are listed under bug fixes. 
Just like this MASSIVE nerf to wvw rewards: Fixed a bug with jade bot scavenger protocols. Scavenger protocols will no longer work when killing players." Because wvw can't have nice things. And calling it a bug, hah. 
Warrior nerfs, typical. Although again all those nerfs, sheesh the balancing team is terrible. Release EoD with an incredibly bad patch that needs to be reverted, and then again another bad balancing patch. Scrapper is basically being removed from the game  at this point, lost its ability to be a bruiser and now lost the thing Anet gave them in the first place before EoD so they would actually be useful. 

But hey, at least they buffed the worst meta in the game rewards again and nerfed the meta again. And of let us skip the story item for E-specs, just needs a whole lotta DE. Because we want to be there... lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I've been very disappointed with anets showing with this expansion, they "teased" this balance patch last week, but really nothing of major PvE substance was changed aside from that already "teased" ele adjustment. At this rate, this expansion will be out of public beta a year from now.

There's a good number of great things in this expansion that's just completely overshadowed by the low tier of QA, and even the attempts address the QA issues are progressing at an astoundingly slow pace, all while announcing they're starting work on a new expansion...

Idk anet, your priorities don't seem to be aligned with the community's expectations

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

If you find something that the wiki has wrong, create an account and update it. 

The problem in this case is that I didn't screen grab it, to exactly describe which dialogue option to choose, etc. It's not like you can repeat that process once you have unlocked it. I might edit/update the wiki page once I run through EoD with my next EoD-only account this or next week.

1 hour ago, Ari.4672 said:

No but I am locked on XP until I get that trophy.... 12 times for meta about 9 for  Maw.... so much time spent on something when I get little time to play.

I am force to do the strike to get the turtle... 

Something for something, Anet made it way easier to get the mount by removing the meta requirement, while also making the meta far easier. 
You still get Spirit Shards if you are not maxed on Mastery, so you aren't exactly locked on XP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

The potion thing does appear to be a nerf.  Didn't even the minor ones give 5 per recipe?  They nerf and nerf the things we can craft and salvage for Research Notes -- it's almost like they don't want us to have them.  Am getting fed up.

It's more like they want to sligthy (strong emphasis on "slightly" here) even out the cost of research notes. What was it before the nerf from those potions? ~40-45 copper per note? Now it's 80-92 copper/note. Still not exactly bad or even close to approaching "we don't want you to have that currency".

For the sake of making a comparison here, more common -from what I've been able to see- food options provide notes at the cost of ~2 silver per note. Despite the nerf, the potions are still a strong (THE strongest, actually) option to get that currency. Overally there's no reason to panic about that change.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

Sure, except the springer locks completion of the content and the turtle doesn't, which makes it the equivalent of another toy. Seems like there's a significant difference between the two.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's more like they want to sligthy (strong emphasis on "slightly" here) even out the cost of research notes. What was it before the nerf from those potions? ~40-45 copper per note? Now it's 80-92 copper/note. Still not exactly bad or even close to approaching "we don't want you to have that currency".

For the sake of making a comparison here, more common -from what I've been able to see- food options provide notes at the cost of ~2 silver per note. Despite the nerf, the potions are still a strong (THE strongest, actually) option to get that currency. Overally there's no reason to panic about that change.

I'm not panicking.  Just fed up that they continue to nerf the cheapest options.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sure, except the springer locks completion of the content and the turtle doesn't, which makes it the equivalent of another toy. Seems like there's a significant difference between the two.

Not for EoD-only accounts since you can't reach certain hero challenges without the High Vault ability of the Springer. That means you need the Siege Turtle with the Improved Jump Jets mastery for map completion.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

I'm not panicking.  Just fed up that they continue to nerf the cheapest options.

"They nerf and nerf the things we can craft and salvage for Research Notes -- it's almost like they don't want us to have them." -call it what you want, "overreaction", "panicking" or anything else, the point remains the same. The conclusion you came up with in your post is not even close to adequete to the change they've made. Why? Already explained above.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

49 minutes ago, Sarajiel.5830 said:

Not for EoD-only accounts since you can't reach certain hero challenges without the High Vault ability of the Springer. That means you need the Siege Turtle with the Improved Jump Jets mastery for map completion.

Interesting, which ones?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1