Match Manipulation

Keet.3142

I've been in several matches when a certain player will simply stop playing or go AFK for most of the match before return right at the end of the match to give the appearance of some activity. But in either case, the match has already been thrown. Anyone have these issues?

• Confused 1

What I've noticed is sometimes several players will just solo charge headfirst into the entire enemy team throughout the entire match. They create a non-stop gravy train for the enemy by just getting themselves killed consistently. They don't try to regroup. They don't bother with capping or decapping points. They just die one after another over and over again. Even bots play better than that.

• Confused 1

im at the point now where i am counting how many lost games i need to get enough ascended shards to finsih my last set of legendary armor so i can QUIT this game mode. thats right anet...only reason i am playing is so i dont have to deal with it EVER again. i wont ever play this game mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chokela.4823 said:

Do you really think that people have to match manipulate to be gold lmao

nobody thinks this, but most probably know it isn't uncommon for p3+ to be matched with or against gold especially when they try to be

even if p3+ are the ones doing it that wouldn't stop a gold from throwing for them if they got into a game together

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This kind of manioulation mentioned by op can happens ofc but it's really uncommon and in 99% times it's just a tilted player on vendetta to his own team for wtv reason.

I just question pve player's  ability to effectively understand anything related to spvp. 

Its way easier to denunce a pseudo conspiracy in manipulations lol than admitting that they were so bad that the p3+ player paired with them could not stand 1 more second of this clown fiesta.

Who are not even able to read a chat map.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, chokela.4823 said:

Its way easier to denunce a pseudo conspiracy in manipulations lol than admitting that they were so bad that the p3+ player paired with them could not stand 1 more second of this clown fiesta.

The P3 are no better being real. Bunch of clowns carried by DuoQ, gatekeeping the same 100 or so people every season over and over, that's what it mostly is. 

And like you said they even ragequit just like the golds. 

The main difference being that John Wintrader can afford to eat a -20 rating at whim because they can just DuoQ and snipe the same lower-rated soloq players to make up for it after. A gold is the one getting queue-sniped.

The very top% of Ranked's population are a lot of things, but being a victim definitely isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

What I've noticed is sometimes several players will just solo charge headfirst into the entire enemy team throughout the entire match. They create a non-stop gravy train for the enemy by just getting themselves killed consistently. They don't try to regroup. They don't bother with capping or decapping points. They just die one after another over and over again. Even bots play better than that.

And it does makes sense why they do it. 

For example, the Legendary Amulet needs wins. The more games you play per hours the more wins you can get. 

If that player believes that a game is already lost, the best thing he can do is loose as fast as possible to get to the next game. 

• Confused 1

Almost every match I go into people blame someone for match manipulation I kinda feel sorry for these people who really care about rating with how fallen the population has gotten and the glory days of gw2 pvp mode has pretty much ended and what's left is just the bronzies mental level flaming each other

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm one of thos top% ranked players and I can tell u yes I duo no we dont queue snipe people and yes I just go off when there are too many clowns with us it's just pointless. I dont even blame them its matchmaking being non fit for low population. 

Stoo believing there is a conspiracy of smething like that there are really isolated cases.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rabbitsocks.3726 said:

AND AGAIN the same thing. anyone reccomend good recording software so i can post these vids on youtube so anet can get off thier butts and see this?

Nvidia and AMD have buildin Capturesoftware. You can record the last minutes if you hit a button. For nvidia its called shadowplay or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

And it does makes sense why they do it. 

For example, the Legendary Amulet needs wins. The more games you play per hours the more wins you can get. 

If that player believes that a game is already lost, the best thing he can do is loose as fast as possible to get to the next game. 

Yesterday evening I played a match. The map as Revenge of the Capricorn The game just started, and they already got themselves killed over and over again. The entire match only me (Thief) and one Mesmer tried to play seriously. Both of us could barely hold close together because our teammates were either dead or busy getting killed again the entire match, from start to finish.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, chokela.4823 said:

I'm one of thos top% ranked players and I can tell u yes I duo no we dont queue snipe people and yes I just go off when there are too many clowns with us it's just pointless. I dont even blame them its matchmaking being non fit for low population. 

Stoo believing there is a conspiracy of smething like that there are really isolated cases.

I don't think anyone believes all the top players partake in wintrading schemes. But there are a few people who seem to ruin it for everyone else.

And yes, the matchmaking doesn't work well when there are too few people playing PvP. I agree with that. Either the matchmaking system needs to change, or people need to somehow be encouraged to play more PvP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

Yesterday evening I played a match. The map as Revenge of the Capricorn The game just started, and they already got themselves killed over and over again. The entire match only me (Thief) and one Mesmer tried to play seriously. Both of us could barely hold close together because our teammates were either dead or busy getting killed again the entire match, from start to finish.

Some people look at the team comp and decide that's its already lost. 😑

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, FortyTwo.8697 said:

those are just gold 1 players, some of them will consistently throw their bodies 1v3 and it's team fault they're not there to protect him (no meme)

• Haha 1