why does bladesworn randomly get a 14k heal?

Stand The Wall.6987

15 minutes ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

since we are talking about bladesworn i can only assume they mean combat stim, not sure how they got 14k from that though

I'm thinking the OP is talking about Immortal Dragon.

Here is the good part: a 14K heal from Immortal Dragon requires a Dragon Slash of ....175 K without any healing mods, probably around ... 150K with some. Let's all think about how a 150-175K DS would have to play out in a competitive situation and easily conclude the BsW DESERVED to be healed that much. I personally would not call that a 'random' heal like the OP but when people don't understand things and conclude it's just 'ridiculous randomness' ... to be expected I guess.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i'm obviously talking about the heal skill combat stim. it heals twice for 3.5k with 2 ammo. do you guys really not know how it works or is this feigned ignorance?

Then make your title more clear because that is not random, nor a single heal. Also if you use it before stim state expires it heals for less on the second use.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i'm obviously talking about the heal skill combat stim. it heals twice for 3.5k with 2 ammo. do you guys really not know how it works or is this feigned ignorance?

So, 3260+3260 2 seconds later is 14k randomly?
Okay, bub.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

its fair and balanced. dont see a problem here. slow melee brawler class where every skill is highly telegraphed. so it takes a lot of dmg while attacking unlike other classes that for example can use invis to deny getting dmg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why is the supposedly squishy harbringer not squishy at all? Why is specter so tanky? Why did vindicator have to get more or less an insta sustain nerf? What else am I forgetting? I hope engi dies in spvp at least.

I assume cause too few devs/designers play competitive modes. I.e. the studio is kinda clueless and throws crap at the wall. Some sticks, the rest players reject loudly enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm thinking the OP is talking about Immortal Dragon.

Here is the good part: a 14K heal from Immortal Dragon requires a Dragon Slash of ....175 K without any healing mods, probably around ... 150K with some. Let's all think about how a 150-175K DS would have to play out in a competitive situation and easily conclude the BsW DESERVED to be healed that much. I personally would not call that a 'random' heal like the OP but when people don't understand things and conclude it's just 'ridiculous randomness' ... to be expected I guess.

8% damage healed is not 14k, it is closer to 3,000 on a 40,000 damage blow

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

8% damage healed is not 14k, it is closer to 3,000 on a 40,000 damage blow

You misunderstood my post (or I don't understand what your point is): to get A 14K heal from Immortal Dragon requires a Dragon Slash DPS in the ballpark of 150-175K, depending on other healing mods. The reason I used 14K was because the OP indicated that value. 

Sure ... you can get a 3.2K heal from 40K DPS ... that's just math. I don't know where you are getting those numbers from in the context of this thread though. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Why is the supposedly squishy harbringer not squishy at all? Why is specter so tanky? Why did vindicator have to get more or less an insta sustain nerf? What else am I forgetting? I hope engi dies in spvp at least.

I assume cause too few devs/designers play competitive modes. I.e. the studio is kinda clueless and throws crap at the wall. Some sticks, the rest players reject loudly enough.

Why can't I one shot everyone and feel like a narcissistic God. 😣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then make your title more clear because that is not random, nor a single heal. Also if you use it before stim state expires it heals for less on the second use.

the fact that bladesworn gets a 14k heal when everyone else doesn't feels random to me. didn't know people would get this confused, so yeah i'll clarify. combat stim being 2 ammo (and a delayed 2 x 3500) only makes it better imo since you are less likely to over heal.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

the fact that bladesworn gets a 14k heal when everyone else doesn't feels random to me. didn't know people would get this confused, so yeah i'll change the title.

It feels like an oversight. IMO, the 10K heal should require 1 ammo for it to trigger. 

The way it works now, it's always better to use the second ammo because you get the heal AND the boons AND the 10k heal at the end. It's a no-brainer because there is no trade off. It seems the intent was the trade off between getting the boons or the healing ... but you get it all right now. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

the fact that bladesworn gets a 14k heal when everyone else doesn't feels random to me. didn't know people would get this confused, so yeah i'll clarify. combat stim being 2 ammo (and a delayed 2 x 3500) only makes it better imo since you are less likely to over heal.

And rev doesn't have two heals on 10s CDs?

Litany of Wrath can heal far in excess of 14k.

So Combat Stimulant is not abnormal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

So you should look into how the skill actually heals. It can hit 12k with 2 charges, certainly, but that will happen over an 11 second period in 4 packets of 3k if timed perfectly. It’s not a 14k heal, and it’s not one big 12k heal either. If maximized over the 11 second window, it has about 1.1k health per second. Similar to Troll augment, which is 1.05k over 8 seconds. So strong, certainly, but not unduly so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It feels like an oversight. IMO, the 10K heal should require 1 ammo for it to trigger. 

The way it works now, it's always better to use the second ammo because you get the heal AND the boons AND the 10k heal at the end. It's a no-brainer because there is no trade off. It seems the intent was the trade off between getting the boons or the healing ... but you get it all right now. 

Thats not always better. You get less healing and lose your heal for 40 seconds if you use both charges. Staggering charges can give more flexibility and sustain in a fight. It’s actually a decent trade off atm. 
For example; if I have only 1 charge on gunblade skills rn and a full CD to weapon swap, quickness won’t do too much. Depending on how deep into a fight you are, having another heal in the next 30 seconds could make a significant difference in outcome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Thats not always better. You get less healing and lose your heal for 40 seconds if you use both charges. Staggering charges can give more flexibility and sustain in a fight. It’s actually a decent trade off atm. 
For example; if I have only 1 charge on gunblade skills rn and a full CD to weapon swap, quickness won’t do too much. Depending on how deep into a fight you are, having another heal in the next 30 seconds could make a significant difference in outcome.

No, true, I did overspeak; there are tactical reasons to decide to use that second ammo or not.

Ideally for healing purposes, you hit it once every 20 seconds for optimal healing giving 550 HPS. That's a very good showing for a heal skill with no heal power. If you hammer it for the boons, you still get 350 HPS and whatever Mastery Trait benefit you choose.

Regardless, it's a pretty competitive heal option and I can see why it stands out in competitive modes. It's also quite enabling in PVE as well. I guess the question is if the two 2nd ammo use scenarios are well balanced to not favour one over the other. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2