DPS Firebrand and RBL Fire Shrines

Donaven.9674

I'm still a relatively new player.  I don't know if my account publicly shows the information - I did purchase GW2 when it came out, but I didn't start playing it daily until several months ago.  Anyways, I generally play a celestial firebrand as my "main".  I enjoy running Red BL, especially when playing solo, but my firebrand struggles with the fire shrines since the mobs are immune to so much of my damage.  Are there any tricks that firebrands can use to make the fire shrines easier? I typically run axe/torch and scepter/shield.

14 minutes ago, Donaven.9674 said:

I'm still a relatively new player.  I don't know if my account publicly shows the information - I did purchase GW2 when it came out, but I didn't start playing it daily until several months ago.  Anyways, I generally play a celestial firebrand as my "main".  I enjoy running Red BL, especially when playing solo, but my firebrand struggles with the fire shrines since the mobs are immune to so much of my damage.  Are there any tricks that firebrands can use to make the fire shrines easier? I typically run axe/torch and scepter/shield.

Avoid the fire shrines….  Or bring a friend.

Another option if you have access to dragon hunter is to have a secondary build that doesn’t rely on burn damage.  Maybe with Maurader stats..  the swap back to continue.  With the build templates it’s easier.  

Likely others will have more options for you, build wise, but generally, find trait lines and options for damage that doesn’t involve burning..  (My ele struggles with them as well)

Run full Celestial or Grieving+Cele instead of something like Dire. Its a good idea anyway as sometimes you'll come up against players with infinite cleanses, like Shout Ele/Necro/Warr with Trooper runes.

Your armor and weapons are half your stats, and trinkets are the other half.

Celestial trinkets also make it very easy to reach 100% Burning duration, which you should always be doing if you're running a Burn Guard (Firebrand or otherwise) anyway or you're effectively playing at half damage since burn ticks don't last very long at their base durations.

Edited by Hannelore.8153

Run 3-3-3 in radiance instead of 3-2-1 to get might instead of extra burn damage. Or run a might sigil/food. You can swap traits easily but it's not like you're clearing fire shrines all the time.

Although said build has no sustain in wvw due to the heal skill healing for like nothing.  And with the nerf to the heal again, you pretty much need valor to sustain in a solo scenario.

I think this build is the best idea but it is more of a sustain thing.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

7 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Run 3-3-3 in radiance instead of 3-2-1 to get might instead of extra burn damage. Or run a might sigil/food. You can swap traits easily but it's not like you're clearing fire shrines all the time.

Although said build has no sustain in wvw due to the heal skill healing for like nothing.  And with the nerf to the heal again, you pretty much need valor to sustain in a solo scenario.

I think this build is the best idea but it is more of a sustain thing.

oof unfortunately that build is no longer viable since EOD patch. FB simply no longer works for wvw roaming, u can only play it in pve/zergs now 😞

On 4/9/2022 at 7:40 AM, Donaven.9674 said:

You're not alone. Fire Shrines are an Ele's worst nightmare as we have to resort to our other elements and push for Bleeding Damage as our Fire Element is basically useless against them.

Well, it's a bit annoying that immunities are so rare. There's basically.... immune to fire, poison, and blind. You'll never see like immune to confusion or w/e so most people don't have to do deal with this. And they don't make anything immune to direct damage.

Incidentally flamethrower doesn't have much of a problem with this because it's mostly power damage. Makes total sense!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

Also, not knowing how new you are…

Don’t attack camps and shrines without grouping up the NPCs first.  Find a nearby object which you can use to break the AI's line of sight.  When they can no longer hit you they will walk right up to you.

The shrine itself should work.  Also, maybe use you shield’s bubble to block projectiles while you set it up.

Edited by Dagger.2035