Exchanging Mastery Points

Is there a way to exchange, for example, Path of Fire mastery points for Heart of Thorns mastery points? The reason I ask is that I have completely finished all of the Path of Fire mastery paths and still have 17 left over. For Heart of Thorns, I still need 11 more to finish and I'm never going to get them. It just seems poorly balanced , and it would be wonderful if there were a way to address this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Mayaura.4603 said:

Is there a way to exchange, for example, Path of Fire mastery points for Heart of Thorns mastery points? The reason I ask is that I have completely finished all of the Path of Fire mastery paths and still have 17 left over. For Heart of Thorns, I still need 11 more to finish and I'm never going to get them. It just seems poorly balanced , and it would be wonderful if there were a way to address this.

No there is not, have you found all the strongboxes and got bronze on all adventures?

Edited by Linken.6345

17 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

There are enough HoT Mastery Points in the game to cap out HoT Masteries and have 55 Mastery Points left over.

Agree. There are always lots left over after completing every masteries. Look under Achievements and go through all the categories that show a green HoT mastery icon. Some of them are easier to obtain than you think, especially from Story Journals.

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Look under Achievements and go through all the categories that show a green HoT mastery icon.

You can also click on the little cog next to the search bar in the achievement panel and choose "HoT mastery point filter" to only see unearned achievements that have HoT mastery points. That filter option makes it much easier to check the available points. (once you're done, simply click the cog again and choose "clear all filters" to get your achievement panel back to normal)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The only thing that was slow was Icebrood. And maybe EoD at the end should you have gotten the turtle fast and progressed fast. Especially if not doing strikes you needed one or another thing that needed a bit more time to complete. Out of the longer achievements/collectoins. For PoF with S4 and HoT with S3 there seemed a lot of mastery points though.

And I think "exchanging" isn't meant to ever happen. They want you to specifically play the content associated with those masteries. And not another expansion/map and then exchange them.

I have 17 central, 16 PoF and 28 HoT left. Not raiding so that one not unlocked. Would be 20 left in HoT - the one with the most left - should I unlock the raid masteries and max them. (I think using 8 points.)

Story and the easier map stuff (mastery insights and the strongboxes) - should be done first. Most of the story (except last act in HoT) can be soloed. Then the other map achievements - looking for the easier ones first. I have still a lot left that I did not even complete. HoT really has a lot more than needed - to make up for the fact that there is a lot of content that is group content.

Icebrood only 3 left. And 26 for EoD (-20 for the turtle - not unlocked yet ... still gaining a few more from certain maps I guess) ... so Icebrood was the one where it really was tight. (I am not doing strikes.) For EoD I have completed all Arborstone collections though. (Taking some time. Without them it would be more tight.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 4/13/2022 at 4:57 AM, Mayaura.4603 said:

I have 55 spare HoT mastery points, you can skip so many of them.

Compared to 34 spare Central Tyria, 20 PoF, 13 IBS and 26 EoD.

HoT was the hardest to get all of, just because I found getting gold on two of the adventures incredibly hard, but I'd say IBS is the most annoying to max mastery on purely because Cold War sucks and the weapon collections have an annoying gold cost - HoT is a breeze compared.

If you need HoT masteries, go for silver in all adventures (gold if you can), all strongboxes, play through the story and get the mastery insights... I can't imagine you would need more.

As for exchanging - I don't like the idea, I'd rather they would just add enough mastery points so that you really can choose what content you do to unlock them, and to not lock them behind expensive collections.

Edited by Lottie.5370