Can alts reach Seitung Province without doing the story? [Merged]

Greetings!

Finished the EoD story and have the arborstone scroll for reaching the Cantha regions for alt characters. There doesnt seem to be a way to get to Seitung province by foot though :p.

Do I need to use a teleport to friend (need to be social for that) or is there some way to get from the echowilds to Seitung province on my own?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Jack Angelfoot.2697 said:

Note:  It is very easy to backtrack, but the portal connecting New Kaineng to Seitung is in the water.  Use a skimmer or a skiff. 

This.

(Which I suppose means technically it isn't possible to get there on foot, because you have to swim or use a skimmer or skiff to reach the portal. But you don't need to do the story.)

Bought the expansion, and I keep getting g disco'd at the final cutscene of the first mission.  I have given up on actually finishing it, and tried literally every hack and fix  I can find to finish it. 

My question is, has anyone used a tp to friend to actually get to Cantha?  At this point t, i just wanna see the zones I paid for, I could give a kitten about the story.  Is this possible?  Does it work, or am I stuck never getting there without finishing the first mission?

Thanks all!

Edited by Bellicose.3598
Spelling errors!!

Yes. If you have the expansion you can use TP to Friend to get to Cantha. I did this shortly after launch with my thief.
One blocked off area that comes to mind is Club Canach in Arborstone. You unlock it after certain story point but once you do so you can access it with all characters.

As for the DC problem - have you tried doing the story part with a friend starting it? That way when you DC you might not have to restart, just relog and perhaps you'll get the credit. Worth a try maybe? If you're playing on NA side I'm willing to try this when I have the time (often quite busy with work sadly).

12 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

Yes. If you have the expansion you can use TP to Friend to get to Cantha. I did this shortly after launch with my thief.
One blocked off area that comes to mind is Club Canach in Arborstone. You unlock it after certain story point but once you do so you can access it with all characters.

As for the DC problem - have you tried doing the story part with a friend starting it? That way when you DC you might not have to restart, just relog and perhaps you'll get the credit. Worth a try maybe? If you're playing on NA side I'm willing to try this when I have the time (often quite busy with work sadly).

That, is one of the few solutions I have not tried.  I am indeed on NA, feel free to add, although I also am on odd strange hours due to work.   I'd appreciate the offer, and would be grateful whether it works or not.

Tp to friend does indeed work, although most of the masterys are story locked, so the content is limited.  

And while I haven't spent a ton of time so far, it seems like the portal out of Kaineng city may also be locked.  (Only portal I've seen is southeast on the map).  Looks like I may be looking for a kind soul to try to tp to friend I to that map soon, lol.

Thanks again for all the responses and help!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bellicose.3598 said:

That, is one of the few solutions I have not tried.  I am indeed on NA, feel free to add, although I also am on odd strange hours due to work.   I'd appreciate the offer, and would be grateful whether it works or not.

Happy to help to see if it works. I'll add you when I have the time and feel free to do the same. Summer is picking up affecting my work load so haven't had time to log on much. Usually I'm free on weekends so likely have more time to play then. See you ingame!

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Can alts reach Seitung Province without doing the story? [Merged]
  • 2 months later...

The portal from Kaineng to Seitung is right there, it's a bit harder to see especially at the daytime.

As some mentioned, it's reachable either on skimmer or just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

I uploaded a pic of location, standing right at the portal there. https://ibb.co/BG8ywfx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1