A REAL legendary armor

1 minute ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Skyscale is grindy but I don't think people quit game over it. But, if open world player have nothing to do, they will quit. At least, this will keep them going for couple of more years.

I sincerely think, it will be good for game health. I could be wrong though.

Who quit the game because there is no open world legendary armor? Open World players have more than enough to do. Open World is the part of the game with the most content updates. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Sure make it grindy and be ready for another milion of new topics about how grindy it is.

Skyscale remember? We are getting new topics about it even years later.

And let's not forget all the complaints about legendary weapons and legendary trinkets! 

Basically the same kind of content, so it's an even better comparison! And we have nothing but complaints about those! More than anything else combined I'm sure! Everyone hates those! 
/s

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Sure make it grindy and be ready for another milion of new topics about how grindy it is.

Skyscale remember? We are getting new topics about it even years later.

You can trick the population with the greediness thought . For example you can force people to do the same requirements  for the R.Legendary  in the  HoT open world  , such as collecting the Chak egg . Then force them to do 1/3 of   Collection of the Skyscale . And in the end , choose a third content (1/3) that people avoid ( unrewarding Core areas) ?

That way with 1 year grind , people can progress(not complete)  three different things (Armor-Skyscale-Extra Carrot) . And  If they want to fully complete all , they will spent even more time.

Essentially the Armor  becomes the main plot quest and as-long you progress it , more  branched out more "quests" are unlocked.

Edited by Solitude.2097
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

For example in all the threads , when i have to auto-corrent you

You never "corrected" me about anything, the only thing you've tried doing is lie about what I said by completely making up a quote and then failing to follow up with a link to it, while repeatedly running from that request for ~5 posts just to drop it 🤦‍♂️

and show you that those gear are not anything special  .

It's "so not special" that you keep wanting it while actively lying about it in your every other post in threads like this one 🙄 

Just like you told me in the previous post  that "epic bosses" that aren't even a boss encounter as much as they're just zerging it down with next to no personal impact on the outcome.  ".

Yes, I told you that because it's true and you know it's true 🤷‍♂️ 

Also isn't it funny how you've claimed you agree with me about it, as soon as on the page 2 of this thread:

..but right after that you've started arguing -for 4 pages- against what you've just agreed with? It's almost as if you've tried to make some "reward ultimatum" bait argument by pretending you agree there, but when nobody had a problem with it, you've instantly dropped it and went back to arguing again 🙄

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

Also going to throw this possibility out there that ow legendary armor can also be heavily skill gated. Requirements could include

Note that if players vouching for yet another set wanted the acquisition to have anything to do with [broadly understood] "skill", they'd just obtain it using one of the currently possible ways. Which... is kind of the point here where people pretend it's not about that. Especially when some (not talking about you) already tried to claim that a meaningful substitute for that would be just "epicly" [sic!] zerging down world bosses.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Note that if players vouching for yet another set wanted the acquisition to have anything to do with [broadly understood] "skill", they'd just obtain it using one of the currently possible ways. Which... is kind of the point here where people pretend it's not about that. Especially when some (not talking about you) already tried to claim that a meaningful substitute for that would be just spamming world bosses.

Who exactly told , that they want to spam world bosses only ?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Who exactly told , that they want to spam world bosses only ?

When mentioned about the differences in reward acquisition between cooperative mode vs competitive modes, it was precisely you pretending that people care about "coop" by having "epic boss fights" in ow.

Glad I could clear that out for you, hopefully one day you'll manage to stop dodging everything I write like you did on multiple pages already (now in addition to my yet enothet -previous- post 😄 ).

And, seriously, what happened to you "agreeing with me"? 🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

When mentioned about the differences in reward acquisition between cooperative mode vs competitive modes, it was precisely you pretending that people care about "coop" by having "epic boss fights" in ow.

Glad I could clear that out for you, hopefully one day you'll manage to stop dodging everything I write like you did on multiple pages already (now in addition to my yet enothet -previous- post 😄 ).

And i told you that people play OW , for the epiq feeling of killing bosses

Who told you Legendary must be hidden behind content needing skill , like you saying the above poster ?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

"Only 22 weeks of diamond chest". Thats still 330h timegate depending on luck. Diamond chest farm is still completely ridiculous time wise.

Only for people that are not playing WvW as their main content. For those that do (and as a result get a higher rank) the time gets shortened

Its not just 22 weeks. Its 22 weeks of diamond chest.

And? I definitely spend more than 20 hours weekly in OW. Way more. 20-30 weeks of playing content the way WvW players can - meaning, whichever way i like at the moment - seem completely fine to me. It's the idea of farming one, specific, narrow content for that long that i find abhorrent - and that's the reason i play OW and not something else.

Decent open world farm + paying raid sellers is still comparable. Legendary armor is the only reward raids have anyways.

You can always vote to make LIs and LDs tradable. I won't mind. For some reason however those very same players that defend the rights of raiders to have their rewards of raiding (if needs be, through selling the content) get immediately defensive as soon as that idea gets floated about. Perhaps because then a much larger group of raiders would be able to enjoy that slice of the pie, and they would have to share.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Isn't it funny how you've claimed you agree with me about it, as soon as on the page 2 of this thread:

..but right after that you've started arguing -for 4 pages- against what you've just agreed with? It's almost as if you've tried to make some "reward ultimatum" bait argument by pretending you agree there, but when nobody had a problem with it, you've instantly dropped it and went back to arguing again 🙄

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Isn't it funny how you've claimed you agree with me about it, as soon as on the page 2 of this thread:

Normally i would agree with you , but i don't really like the part that you are trying to shut down other people .

This and blaming the olg gg (..for example that they killed the dungeons..) , is two things i hate .

So let's continue our conversation . May  the best Archon wins

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Normally i would agree with you , but i don't really like the part that you are trying to shut down other people .

What are you talking about again? "Normally you'd agree with me"? The point is you've already said you did agree with it, right on the 2nd page of this thread. And after that you immediatelly went into arguing against what you've just agreed to, while avoiding anything you've quoted in your subsequent posts. I don't know what kind of alternative story you're trying to make up here again 😄

This and blaming the olg gg (..for example that they killed the dungeons..) , is two things i hate .

So let's continue our conversation . May  the best Archon wins

:classic_blink:

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Waht are you talking about again? "Normally you'd agree with me"? The point is you've already said you did agree with it, right on the 2nd page of this thread. And after that you immediatelly went into arguing against what you've just agreed to, while avoiding anything you've quoted in your subsequent posts. I don't know what kind of alternative story you're trying to make up here again 😄

When you started in the third page , to the other poster that people don't need OW legendary , well ... i went a little bersek : P

Sometimes , hearing the new people ideas , is better than the stale old

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

When you started in the third page , to the other poster that people don't need OW legendary , well ... i went a little bersek : P

Sometimes , hearing the new people ideas , is better than the stale old

Oh belive me these are not new people ideas they have been regurgitated since legendary armors were put into raids.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

....but that was my stance since the beginning and you've agreed with it by saying those people should play appropriate content for rewards they want, didn't you?

Here's the quote:

On 4/23/2022 at 9:27 PM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

People whine that they want Legendary , so they better do the appropriate content .

So if people want more  gold from Instance , they should do the appropriate content (drizzlewood).

I agree with you , that people should do the appropriate content

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

....but that was my stance since the beginning and you've agreed with it by saying those people should play appropriate content for rewards they want, didn't you?

Here's the quote:

And Legendary Armor  , can serve an extra population . There is not a special rules to say "that must be locked behind only these 3 contents"

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

If you just want the functionality of legendary armor, you can go from zero to one armor piece a month in WvW. I seriously used to do my reading/work for grad school like this getting everything I needed- every ten minutes take a camp and then back to my work. Got three armor pieces that way. Do gift of battle reward track as your background, it’ll get you the most money (plus the gifts of battle, 1 each is needed for pretty much anything legendary anyways)

if you don’t enjoy WvW, again- just take a camp every ten minutes, and call it good, while you do chores around the house or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And Legendary Armor  , can serve an extra population . There is not a special rules to say "that must be locked behind only these 3 contents"

How can it "serve an extra population" when the only people vouching for another LA acquisition route are people that want it to be acquired through the base ow content they're already spamming anyways? 🤨 Who else is this supposed to be an incentive for? People that also play OW AND more on top of it (like harder group pve content, pvp or wvw)? I don't see how that's a valid claim to make, but definitely explain to me the logic behind that argument. Not only that but there are already legendary rewards in OW content btw. Want full legendary gear? Participate in more of the game's content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

How can it "serve an extra population" when the only people vouching for another LA acquisition route are people that want it to be acquired through the base ow content they're already spamming anyways? 🤨 Who else is this supposed to be an incentive for? People that also play OW AND more on top of it (like harder group pve content, pvp or wvw)? I don't see how that's a valid claim to make, but definitely explain to me the logic behind that argument. Not only that but there are already legendary rewards in OW content btw. Want full legendary gear? Participate in more of the game's content.

Are people going to do the less profitable areas ? Is there any incentive to do them ? Who gonna fill the empty world ? Raiders?

Raid skin , have already have an incentive , called moving-parts-skin , so people most likely will get in the future

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Are people going to do the less profitable areas ? Is there any incentive to do them ? Who gonna fill the empty world ? Raiders?

What's so empty? Why do you keep talking in those complete hypotheticals? Is it because they just sound nice, while not needing to be true? Please actually respond to the previous post you've just quoted. Or don't, but then I'll ignore what you're saying too.

Raid skin , have already have an incentive , called moving-parts-skin , so people most likely will get in the future

Ok, but once again this repsonds to nothing of what I wrote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

What's so empty? Why do you keep talking in those complete hypotheticals? Is it because they just sound nice, while not needing to be true? Please actually respond to the previous post you've just quoted.

Ok, but once again this repsonds to nothing of what I wrote.

In what i should respond ?

Some maps like Core , or not fully populated would be better  for the "health of the game" , by  increasing participation . Some pay-to-play-HoT-raids , is kinda worthless if you ask me . If they create more "combat mounts" , then EoD + PoF mount system will carry the rest of the "bundle"

People already doing pvp/wvw/raids/strikes .They are already progressing the set .

If the OW set need to be done in 1.5 year , i wouldn't believe that they will drop their current half-way for a longer grind

• Confused 2

On 4/23/2022 at 5:56 PM, Elden Arnaas.4870 said:

No.  Let's be really honest, there should be a PvE legendary armor path for more than just the small percentage of the player base who raid.

Why don't you help by increasing the small percentage to a larger percentage rather than trying to push ideas that would entirely destroy raids?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

If (and that’s a big if) legendary armor is made obtainable outside of raids, there are some things that should be required.

All non-raid aspects of PvE should be mandatory. This includes story, open world, adventures, fractals, normal strikes, and so on. No picking and choosing to only do the areas that they prefer. 

It should have a similar cost and be time-gated to the extent of the WvW and sPvP versions. This armor will also only have a generic skin.  You’re getting the functionality and QoL of the armor. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3