A list of easy things you can do to make warrior not suck in PvP specifically. Easy information access.

Azure The Heartless.3261

I'm just consolidating these here so that they're visible. There will be others. 

These suggestions do not require significant reworks of the game, nor do they significantly impact the PvE experience. 

•  Adding Resolution Access to Spellbreaker and adding Resistance access to Berserker via their traitlines. You can pick where you add it, as long as the boon time is significant without being permanent. Resolution uptime would be good if an ICD kept it up on the spellbreaker for 33% of their time in combat. Resistance uptime would be good if an ICD/activation requirement kept it up on the Berserker for 50% of the time they spend in berserk. 
  • Adjusting Burst of Aggression so it reprocs on use of a burst skill, if the berserker takes Bloody Roar. *
  • Cooldown reductions for Shield StanceBerserker StanceEndure PainBalanced Stance and Frenzy. 5 seconds would be nice, 10 seconds would be fantastic. 
  • Making Berserkers immune to Weakness for the duration of Berserk, and cleanse it upon activation. 
  • Make Spellbreakers immune to Blindness for the duration of Sight Beyond Sight, instead of just removing it for the initial activation.
  • Adjust the cooldown of Outrage back to the 10 seconds it was originally.

These suggestions require minor reworks of warrior traitlines or skills.

• Make Fast Hands Baseline. 
  • Increase the block duration of Shattering Blow to 1.5 seconds and adjust the animation lock to last 1.5 seconds.
  • Adjust Wild Blow so it ignores blindness like it did originally.
  • turn the landing effect of Sundering Leap into an AoE knockdown for 3 seconds.
  • Turn Riposte and Counterblow into flipover skills that allow you to decide between whether you want to continue blocking or counterattack if you experience a melee attack during their durations.
  • Dispelling Force removes a boon (in addition to stability) upon connecting a CC skill on an opponent that has stability.

Adding an alternative interpretation suggested by @Lan Deathrider.5910 for the resistance/BoA here that would require major rework to zerker traitlines, but is extremely noteworthy:

You want BoA to refresh based on the minor traits, not the GM traits. Change BoA to add 3s of resistance as well as the current effects. Change Fatal Frenzy to refresh BoA upon using a primal burst. Then the GM traits can be changed like this:

Bloody Roar: Gain 10% increased damage. Quickness grants +150 Power. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode.

King of Fires: Gain 10% increased burning duration. Quickness grants +150 condition damage. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode. *Merge the fire aura gain and detonation into Last Blaze*

Eternal Champion: Gain 1 stack of stability for 1s and 1s of protection when using a Burst. Quickness grants +150 toughness. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode (2 stacks of stab for 2s and 2s of protection)

FAQ:

[But why do warriors need buffs]

Because:

*Burst of Aggression should probably reproc on subsequent use of a primal burst skill in Berserk mode. This would require some adjustment of other traitlines, so if there's room for that see Lan's quote above.

[Thanks to (for suggestion additions) ]

* @ens.9854

* @Hotride.2187 

* @Lan Deathrider.5910

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

I'm preparing myself mentally for the banners rework to be the only change war gets, and its usefulness will be limited to pve only.

But please do add Dispelling Force removes a boon also when dazes/stuns/etc. remove a stack of stab. That is the only change I need for spb. Would be extra cool if dagger burst would prioritize stability, but that is probably too much for the balance team (balance dev?).

Edited by Hotride.2187

45 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

But please do add Dispelling Force removes a boon also when dazes/stuns/etc. remove a stack of stab. That is the only change I need for spb. Would be extra cool if dagger burst would prioritize stability, but that is probably too much for the balance team (balance dev?).

I like this. ordinarily you wouldn't be wasting a CC on someone with stability anyway. 

I'm preparing myself mentally for the banners rework to be the only change war get

Yeah. I'm not expecting too much despite the fact that between EoD and June, the skies are clear for competitive balance direction. I'll be damned if, when that happens, I have any lingering thoughts of  "maybe they just didn't see it" so I'm going to try to keep this on the front page until the patch day. 

That way, if nothing but banners get reworked, it's clear they either:

> want it to be like this and aren't just doing it by accident, or

> the forums are not an adequate platform to get any meaningful conversation/changes for the time being (which is the same as the above)

31 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I like this. ordinarily you wouldn't be wasting a CC on someone with stability anyway. 

Yeah. I'm not expecting too much despite the fact that between EoD and June, the skies are clear for competitive balance direction. I'll be damned if, when that happens, I have any lingering thoughts of  "maybe they just didn't see it" so I'm going to try to keep this on the front page until the patch day. 

That way, if nothing but banners get reworked, it's clear they either:

> want it to be like this and aren't just doing it by accident, or

> the forums are not an adequate platform to get any meaningful conversation/changes for the time being (which is the same as the above)

At that point we go to Seattle 😈

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Why limit yourself to bloody roar? You spend ressources to attack with your bursts. It should reproc, no matter what you do. If thats too good, slap an ICD of like 3-5 seconds on it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Why limit yourself to bloody roar? You spend ressources to attack with your bursts. It should reproc, no matter what you do. If thats too good, slap an ICD of like 3-5 seconds on it.

I can sense the "WaRriOr 2 FaSt PerM QuiCkneSs??? ? ?? ?"          "?"  complaints on the wind already, especially if they also can slot EC and get a bit of stability with that as well. It's definitely needed, but I'm willing to not take EC (and by extension take the toughness hit) if it means I have a retort to people who will inevitably get hit by 8k+ decapitates

And I like my traits reliable instead of put on an ICD that you have to micromanage, especially when that trait is something as critical as getting you into a position to do damage. 

Plussss, it's thematic. ♥  Whoever designed Berserker clearly likes fighting games (King of Fires, Smash Brawler, Bloody Roar, Dead or Alive, Primal Rage). I'm hoping they appreciate giving up toughness for speed. 

Let me play rushdown. 

17 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I can sense the "WaRriOr 2 FaSt PerM QuiCkneSs??? ? ?? ?"          "?"  complaints on the wind already, especially if they also can slot EC and get a bit of stability with that as well. It's definitely needed, but I'm willing to not take EC (and by extension take the toughness hit) if it means I have a retort to people who will inevitably get hit by 8k+ decapitates

And I like my traits reliable instead of put on an ICD that you have to micromanage, especially when that trait is something as critical as getting you into a position to do damage. 

Plussss, it's thematic. ♥  Whoever designed Berserker clearly likes fighting games (King of Fires, Smash Brawler, Bloody Roar, Dead or Alive, Primal Rage). I'm hoping they appreciate giving up toughness for speed. 

Let me play rushdown. 

I hear you, but....

Reaper Perma quickness is ok?

Berserker already has that ridiculous -300 toughness penalty. Yet, Reaper has it's own berserk mode where it actually gets tougher when active.

In short, other classes get the perks without the trade-offs. Warrior needs the same treatment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Azure The Heartless.3261, good synopsis. I have some commentary though:

22 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm just consolidating these here so that they're visible. There will be others. I don't want "difficulty in parsing the forums" to be the excuse for why banners are the only thing that get reworked in June.

These suggestions do not require significant reworks of the game, nor do they significantly impact the PvE experience. 

•  Adding Resolution Access to Spellbreaker and adding Resistance access to Berserker via their traitlines. You can pick where you add it, as long as the boon time is significant without being permanent. Resolution uptime would be good if an ICD kept it up on the spellbreaker for 33% of their time in combat. Resistance uptime would be good if an ICD/activation requirement kept it up on the Berserker for 50% of the time they spend in berserk. 

Resolution Access really should be built heavily into Defense rather than Spellbreaker, but on Spellbreaker I would switch the resistance on Revenge Counter to Resolution.

You want BoA to refresh based on the minor traits, not the GM traits. Change BoA to add 3s of resistance as well as the current effects. Change Fatal Frenzy to refresh BoA upon using a primal burst. Then the GM traits can be changed like this:

Bloody Roar: Gain 10% increased damage. Quickness grants +150 Power. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode.

King of Fires: Gain 10% increased burning duration. Quickness grants +150 condition damage. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode. *Merge the fire aura gain and detonation into Last Blaze*

Eternal Champion: Gain 1 stack of stability for 1s and 1s of protection when using a Burst. Quickness grants +150 toughness. These effects are doubled in Berserk Mode (2 stacks of stab for 2s and 2s of protection)

Good.

• Making Berserkers immune to Weakness for the duration of Berserk, and cleanse it upon activation. 

The above changes to BoA and FF will give sufficient weakness protection that this would be moot. Also, we've long discussed making Cleansing Ire cleanse on burst use rather than hit, which would also make this moot.

• Make Spellbreakers immune to Blindness for the duration of Sight Beyond Sight, instead of just removing it for the initial activation.
  • Adjust the cooldown of Outrage back to the 10 seconds it was originally.

Both proper changes.

These suggestions require minor reworks of warrior traitlines or skills.

• Make Fast Hands Baseline. 
  • Increase the block duration of Shattering Blow to 1.5 seconds and adjust the animation lock to last 1.5 seconds.
  • Adjust Wild Blow so it ignores blindness like it did originally.
  • turn the landing effect of Sundering Leap into an AoE knockdown for 3 seconds.
  • Turn Riposte into a flipover skill that allows you to decide between whether you want to continue blocking or counterattack if you experience a melee attack during its duration.

Also include Counter Blow to the Riposte change.

• Dispelling Force removes a boon (in addition to stability) upon connecting a CC skill on an opponent that has stability.

Also add in Body Blow dealing strike damage instead of bleed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I hear you, but....

Reaper Perma quickness is ok?

Berserker already has that ridiculous -300 toughness penalty. Yet, Reaper has it's own berserk mode where it actually gets tougher when active.

In short, other classes get the perks without the trade-offs. Warrior needs the same treatment.

I understand that too, but still think it's better to err on the side of caution when it comes to quickness. There's a couple of factors that would justify it having a specific activation condition on berserker (like decapitate resetting cd instantly if it hits someone and a majority of cc moves becoming far less telegraphed under quickness, for instance).

I'd like to play but I also don't want problems that lead to people whining things back into the shadow realm like they did with the zerker rework to arc divider. It doesn't have to be perm just because reaper's is perm. 

😃

It's so nice that we are talking to a wall.

But when designing the new trash specs someone said "hey don't we have like those sub forums on professions? Maybe some player has said something good for Willbender, Specter or Harbinger or Mechanist. 

MMMMMM yeah!, Let's give perma signets with good passives and actives there, let's give a good mace there, let's give some good mobility there, some good passive cleansing there, some good boons there on ports, OH OH make this one unkillable for a while and hmmm, players don't seem to enjoy tradeoffs so let's not put a minus X stat in any of these specs shall we? Thanks Warrior subforum!! Enjoy hundred blades 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 cause you deserve it!"

• Like 1

Honestly I think that EVERY spec's burst skills should ignore Blind completely, not only Spellbreaker. The game is filled with Blind spam (except us ofc because Warrior can't have all the nice perks everyone else has, right ANet?) and I think that AT LEAST our main class mechanic deserves to not being shut down by a single condition.

Warrior more than every other class is made useless by Blind, in WvW I can't ever hit a single burst skill except when the fight is already won because I'm being ALWAYS hit by a storm of Blind spam that renders me useless. Is it not enough that I already have to work my kitten off to reach and stay in melee range to deal any actual damage without dying like a piece of kitten? Is it not enough that my class barely has any class tool to help me out in doing my job except me having enough brain and CPU power to see and not walk in red circles? Why after all of this I have to be punished by the first person in the enemy zerg who farts out this single stupid condition?

Imagine being a melee-only class with a big resource spender skill as main class mechanic and being useless because everyone spams a single condition and laughs at you failing to hit your kittening main mechanic.

Also +1 on Fast Hands being baseline. Discipline trait line is mandatory even without Fast Hands, but with this at least I wouldn't feel like kitten if I decided to not use it.

If you want I wrote a thread sometime ago with other suggestions, you can look for it on my profile. Feel free to take anything you may agree with from there.

Btw I'm going to help you maintaining this thread up on the forum to make sure they read it. It's a kittening joke at this point, might as well try hard to make them aware we are tired of being a kittening meme.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kaemon.5384 said:

Honestly I think that EVERY spec's burst skills should ignore Blind completely, not only Spellbreaker. The game is filled with Blind spam (except us ofc because Warrior can't have all the nice perks everyone else has, right ANet?) and I think that AT LEAST our main class mechanic deserves to not being shut down by a single condition.

Warrior more than every other class is made useless by Blind, in WvW I can't ever hit a single burst skill except when the fight is already won because I'm being ALWAYS hit by a storm of Blind spam that renders me useless. Is it not enough that I already have to work my kitten off to reach and stay in melee range to deal any actual damage without dying like a piece of kitten? Is it not enough that my class barely has any class tool to help me out in doing my job except me having enough brain and CPU power to see and not walk in red circles? Why after all of this I have to be punished by the first person in the enemy zerg who farts out this single stupid condition?

Imagine being a melee-only class with a big resource spender skill as main class mechanic and being useless because everyone spams a single condition and laughs at you failing to hit your kittening main mechanic.

Also +1 on Fast Hands being baseline. Discipline trait line is mandatory even without Fast Hands, but with this at least I wouldn't feel like kitten if I decided to not use it.

If you want I wrote a thread sometime ago with other suggestions, you can look for it on my profile. Feel free to take anything you may agree with from there.

Btw I'm going to help you maintaining this thread up on the forum to make sure they read it. It's a kittening joke at this point, might as well try hard to make them aware we are tired of being a kittening meme.

Anet has the answer for you. Play shoutsworn 🙂

A mockery of what means warrior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Aah yes the new awesome jimmicky meme spec carried by the most kitten healing spam mechanic ever existed that also happens to have everything we ever needed to function properly as a class locked behind a stupid bloated GM trait.

Most of Unyelding Dragon trait would be so good to have on the core class. Give us Blind ignore on burst baseline and put anti-block on a core trait like Burst Mastery. I would literally be ok and ready to accept having the rest of the class left as it is if that would mean getting this change alone. This and something to deal effectively with the other thing making our life miserable: Weakness.

11 minutes ago, Kaemon.5384 said:

Give us Blind ignore on burst baseline and put anti-block on a core trait like Burst Mastery.

Its not so simple, weakness (as you've noted) and protection also shut you down more or less. To deal with prot spam you go dagger spb, losing dmg and sustain as you invest in boonrip.

Even something like swiftness causes problems for connecting with your skills.

War needs an ovehaul, it wont get one (spolier alert).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

War needs an ovehaul, it wont get one (spolier alert).

Agreed. At this point I don't even know if I want them to touch Warrior at all since everytime they do they somehow come up with something worse than what we have.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very good suggestions, I don't know how I missed this.

When it comes to Resolution uptime on Spellbreaker, would be nice if Revenge Counter's 20% extra damage effect was changed to instead grant a few seconds of resolution instead along with resistance and condition copy effect.

This would have really good synergy with the Defense line, and I can't say the 20% damage increase on Full Counter is appreciated anymore when the skill itself maxes in the double digits, maybe triple on a lucky crit. 

Praise be to CmC.

Defense in general should also have some resolution built in. Honestly, the entire middle section of traits from the defense line should probably just be reworked. 

Between the 3 options Sundering Mace is probably the only decent one, and its totally useless if you aren't running mace of course.

Also a level 1 arcing slice has almost the exact same power coefficient as a fully charged Dragonslash - Force.

Again, praise be to CmC!  🙏

@Multicolorhipster.9751

Armored attack is the best one since it gives 100 power, it is kinda kitten but is something, the mace trait is bad since it didn't get the usefulness weapon traits rework and only works for mace on top of that it doesn't work with the burst skill and it is only useful for off hand mace Tremor and it makes it 3.6 seconds knockdown from 3 seconds, pommel bash becomes 1.2 seconds from 1 . So Sundering Mace is a garbage trait for a weapon with bad skills.

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

@Multicolorhipster.9751

Armored attack is the best one since it gives 100 power, it is kinda kitten but is something, the mace trait is bad since it didn't get the usefulness weapon traits rework and only works for mace on top of that it doesn't work with the burst skill and it is only useful for off hand mace Tremor and it makes it 3.6 seconds knockdown from 3 seconds, pommel bash becomes 1.2 seconds from 1 . So Sundering Mace is a garbage trait for a weapon with bad skills.

Not if the goal is peace

Peace through CC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I just had a mental picture of stopping the war in Ukraine by CC-locking Vladimir Putin. Made me chuckle.

Although, tbh, I'm sure there are no shortage of people who would like to give him a [skull crack].

Mr. Rootin' Tootin' Vladimir Putin' will be Put-in his place for sure when he can't move again. Forever.

Because of the CC 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

You want defense? Lol

Tbf, for all it's issues currently as well, Retribution on Rev is a very good indicator of a good line which allows for some dmg and good defense. 

Just tailor it to the warr a bit. 

Basically impossible. 

Look at necro deathmagic. You got it all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1