Petition to put Turtle mount in WvW

Make this happen, I never see the Turtle in PvE, hardly at all in fact and I think it's time to add it to WvW. Can really help with long range and possibly curb the boon blob, add an option for walls. Might add a possibility of seeing a wall of turtles followed by players behind it, so could be a fun trojan horse meta option but the turtle in my opinion is pretty useless. Sorry just Griffon, Skyscale is pretty much the dominate one and don't see the need for a turtle so let's put it where it belongs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 3

If this petition goes through...

I petition to mount more siege on the turtle mount.

Two more rider slots would be ideal, to add an arrow cart, ballista, and shield generator.

Ride by ballista shots, arrow cart for zerg fights, and shield generator for shell protection.

17 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Two more rider slots would be ideal, to add an arrow cart, ballista, and shield generator.

Ride by ballista shots, arrow cart for zerg fights, and shield generator for shell protection.

Its a great idea I dont know why people are confused by this? The turtle mount does nothing in PvE except bragging rights

21 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Those lanes in front of SMC would look like Mad Max: Furry Road. 

More than two players per a vehicle is tricky. I used to feel baller in Starwars Galaxies rolling around with my guild in a speeder or skiff but that could get frustrating. I actually pulled over more than once and was like, you guys need to quit being dumb and quit clicking stuff or we're not moving because they'd accidently click to get off and fall off a cliff I was driving by they'd pull a bunch of agro. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

More than two players per a vehicle is tricky. I used to feel baller in Starwars Galaxies rolling around with my guild in a speeder or skiff but that could get frustrating. I actually pulled over more than once and was like, you guys need to quit being dumb and quit clicking stuff or we're not moving because they'd accidently click to get off and fall off a cliff I was driving by they'd pull a bunch of agro. 

HAHAHA wasnt there instrument skins at one point? That would be so epic to see flaming Charrs on a turtle. MAKE THIS HAPPEN

• Haha 1

more mounts = more skill-lag. and it would get nerfed to dog usefulness after one month anyways

i see zero space for siege turtles in Wvw. like, what should it do even? we won't get a range bomb damage mount - anet nerfed warclaws melee damage even to a rather unimportant amount, cut its speed to snail levels, stole one dodge and gave it only a baby HP amount.

so what woudl the turtle do? nothing? sounds like a smart new introduction then, eh

Consider there are more bugs with the Warclaw then there are things that is actually working with it then how about NO. They can make an arena in Obsidian Sanctum where you can have turtle war but please for the love of anything do NOT bring ghe Turtle to WvW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The problem becomes, how do turtle mounts become viable without making actual siege irelivant? Personally, I think it'd be neat if they could add a wvw mount that could act as mobile supply depots, or shuttles to get players safely to the zerg (think troop transports in fps games).

10 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Now that is a blast from the past and a cupful of nostalgia. I miss that game, was my first mmo.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:57 AM, Westenev.5289 said:

The problem becomes, how do turtle mounts become viable without making actual siege irelivant? Personally, I think it'd be neat if they could add a wvw mount that could act as mobile supply depots, or shuttles to get players safely to the zerg (think troop transports in fps games).

You could start with a guideline, that turtle siege needs to be less efficient than traditional siege (I#ll just use the catapult & my siege mastery for reference):

Catapult = 40 supply to build, needs about 20 shots at full power on a normal wall to break it down

Turtle => 40 shots will be needed to shoot down a wall = 2,5% damage to a wall / per shot (= 1/2 the efficiency of a catapult shooting); that would mean 1 supply = 1 shot = 2,5% damage and two people alternating gunner & driver could take the wall down without a re-supply. Sounds too good, even if the turtle shoots at the same rate of fire than the cata at full power. If you make each shot cost 2 supply, you would take the efficiency down to 1/4th compared to a catapult, which sounds OK for me (to go on a beta test).
Meaning: 2 players with a total of 20 supply each can build a cata and take down the wall with 20 shots in about 3 minutes (20x 5 sec CD, 20x wind up on full power, building the cata), compared to a Turtle team that will shoot the wall for 3 minutes to take it to 50% and then has to run off to resupply and return to shoot for 3 more minutes.

PS: For more reference and clarification

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siege_Turtle

WvW version would have all the fancy PvE stuff disabled; A driver would be able to move, a gunner would be able to shoot (every 8 seconds, using up supply); Any additional stuff, e.g. a modified version of Hunker Down is purely optional after the "mobile siege variant" has been tested and proven. Turtle Siege has a range of 2500 units compared to the catapult's 4000 and does not share the knock back of the catapult.

Edited by Gorani.7205
added stuff for clarification
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

You could start with a guideline, that turtle siege needs to be less efficient than traditional siege (I#ll just use the catapult & my siege mastery for reference):

Catapult = 40 supply to build, needs about 20 shots at full power on a normal wall to break it down

Turtle => 40 shots will be needed to shoot down a wall = 2,5% damage to a wall / per shot (= 1/2 the efficiency of a catapult shooting); that would mean 1 supply = 1 shot = 2,5% damage and two people alternating gunner & driver could take the wall down without a re-supply. Sounds too good, even if the turtle shoots at the same rate of fire than the cata at full power. If you make each shot cost 2 supply, you would take the efficiency down to 1/4th compared to a catapult, which sounds OK for me (to go on a beta test).
Meaning: 2 players with a total of 20 supply each can build a cata and take down the wall with 20 shots in about 3 minutes (20x 5 sec CD, 20x wind up on full power, building the cata), compared to a Turtle team that will shoot the wall for 3 minutes to take it to 50% and then has to run off to resupply and return to shoot for 3 more minutes.

PS: For more reference and clarification

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siege_Turtle

WvW version would have all the fancy PvE stuff disabled; A driver would be able to move, a gunner would be able to shoot (every 8 seconds, using up supply); Any additional stuff, e.g. a modified version of Hunker Down is purely optional after the "mobile siege variant" has been tested and proven. Turtle Siege has a range of 2500 units compared to the catapult's 4000 and does not share the knock back of the catapult.

It's a tough sell for me. Who does this benefit? It's not like siege is expensive or cost prohibitive, so why would you bother mounting up when you could just throw three bundles at the wall and let the zerglings do the rest? Roamers still need to work in groups to fire the turtle, so they're also better off just building a cata/ram. Plus, what would happen to the turtles current run-to-reload ammo mechanic? Particuarly if it gets speed capped like the Warclaw. Add to that, Anet has historically never really been big on balance splits between game modes, even in areas where it makes sense.

Options are neat, but gw2 is already neck deep in useless gear and mechanics.

Edited by Westenev.5289

4 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

It's a tough sell for me. Who does this benefit? It's not like siege is expensive or cost prohibitive, so why would you bother mounting up when you could just throw three bundles at the wall and let the zerglings do the rest? Roamers still need to work in groups to fire the turtle, so they're also better off just building a cata/ram. Plus, what would happen to the turtles current run-to-reload ammo mechanic? Particuarly if it gets speed capped like the Warclaw.

Options are neat, but gw2 is already neck deep in useless gear and mechanics.

You wanted an idea to not make normal siege irrelevant. That is one. You reduce the efficiency of the supply spent on using the siege option on the Turtle. There is nothing on the table preventing to take out all the PvE fluff and replacing the run to reload ammo mechanic to a simple skill on a fixed cool down.

Small groups (e.g. 4 people) could still have a great advantage over stationary siege, the ability to damage a wall and leave to trace of the attack. A turtle attack does not leave a siege behind that can be spotted and destroyed. You can hit an run, attack two spots, faking one attack and breaking through on another (especially in Air & Fire Keep on DBL, where you can't see every wall of outer from just one position.

If you allow the ground target ability of the turtle to persist, the turtle shots suddenly turn into great options to take out defensive siege, like canons, mortars and arrow carts, set on corners of stairs (out of reach of most player AoE and direct line of sight of ballistae.