Warrior absent in MAT... Again.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then the rest of the classes need 33% of their sustain and DPS gutted in order for warrior to be on par with them. Do you think that is a good idea, both balance and business wise?

I think you missed the "/s" at the end of my post. I'm for buffing warrior and other things.

• Haha 1

It still buffles me why Berserker needs the toughness penalty. 

Why do we get an entire traitline for meme builds in Arms. Why do we have defense is a state where active gameplay through burst use and adrenal health is less appealing to tactics healing shout spam. 

Why is Spellbreaker 0.00001% countering? Please rename the skill into Full Evade cause there is no counter. The only place SpB truly shines is on mirror matches because only another strength spellbreaker doesnt have enough stability to counter the enemy interrupts (ok sure there are more matchups but we dont focus on those rn). 

I almost cried yesterday (ironically lol) when i went on my full zerk hammer dual mace build and a core necro took me 10 minutes to kill. 

Why do we get punished by weakness so much? Why do we gft punished by blind so much? Why did we have our resistance sources nerfed? To make Bladesworn look good? To hell with that spec. I am not going to accept 1 bloated spec which abuses healing and has 1 trait with all the issues warrior has baked as a GM and suddenly forget the other combinations like core zerker and spb. 

There is no justice for us. And it gets worse in wvw where we got more options. Speed runes on everyone and they outrun the warrior's spring warrior with swiftness... 

We have nothing outside of interruptible mobility skills. Everythinf has a cast time. Our CCs do no dmg and the followup dmg is always bad. Crit chance on warrior is very bad, we can't build well for it. 

I dont want to be carried by some healer all the time like other classes or play meme builds like gunflame. Sure duels on warrior can be done, why are our stunbreaks tho on such high cooldowns and our signets so bad? 

Stances? 

Physicals? Sure mending bull's charge and rampage are good, does that mean we need nothing else to play with? 

Banners? Lets see what you do with those dear anet. 

This is by far one of the most fun classes in the game, no cheese just true skill. All these pretender warrior classes end up being better than warrior but warrior doesnt deserve a spec that can compete with other classes. 

Well, point is, the mkney is on necro and guard and as long as they are happy the game thrives. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

It still buffles me why Berserker needs the toughness penalty. 

Why do we get an entire traitline for meme builds in Arms. Why do we have defense is a state where active gameplay through burst use and adrenal health is less appealing to tactics healing shout spam. 

Why is Spellbreaker 0.00001% countering? Please rename the skill into Full Evade cause there is no counter. The only place SpB truly shines is on mirror matches because only another strength spellbreaker doesnt have enough stability to counter the enemy interrupts (ok sure there are more matchups but we dont focus on those rn). 

I almost cried yesterday (ironically lol) when i went on my full zerk hammer dual mace build and a core necro took me 10 minutes to kill. 

Why do we get punished by weakness so much? Why do we gft punished by blind so much? Why did we have our resistance sources nerfed? To make Bladesworn look good? To hell with that spec. I am not going to accept 1 bloated spec which abuses healing and has 1 trait with all the issues warrior has baked as a GM and suddenly forget the other combinations like core zerker and spb. 

There is no justice for us. And it gets worse in wvw where we got more options. Speed runes on everyone and they outrun the warrior's spring warrior with swiftness... 

We have nothing outside of interruptible mobility skills. Everythinf has a cast time. Our CCs do no dmg and the followup dmg is always bad. Crit chance on warrior is very bad, we can't build well for it. 

I dont want to be carried by some healer all the time like other classes or play meme builds like gunflame. Sure duels on warrior can be done, why are our stunbreaks tho on such high cooldowns and our signets so bad? 

Stances? 

Physicals? Sure mending bull's charge and rampage are good, does that mean we need nothing else to play with? 

Banners? Lets see what you do with those dear anet. 

This is by far one of the most fun classes in the game, no cheese just true skill. All these pretender warrior classes end up being better than warrior but warrior doesnt deserve a spec that can compete with other classes. 

Well, point is, the mkney is on necro and guard and as long as they are happy the game thrives. 

^ All of that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

i mean warrior's traits arent bad, in fact some are too good, afte years of constant buffing, 

these traits can possibly make other classes god like, yet just like those off hands which got buffed for like 8 years straight still useless for warrior

warrior's skills are slow and short ended and can simply not benefit from these powerful traits

willbender/specter/power ranger/untamed and many others use a trait line similar to arms, yet they are completely fine.

even some traits from like strength/defense are good if you just compare to other classes traits, yet never used.

because warrior's skills don't allow the usage of those traits and warrior can not live without investing heavily into sustain traits.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 4/29/2022 at 9:49 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Frankly, the warrior mains don't want the rest of the classes tuned down to their level, they just want to brought up to the same level.

Yes. It would be easier frankly to buff parts of warrior at this point then to just keep "tweaking" every other class with nerfs and waiting an eternity. Or hey, maybe doing both. Just making progress is all we want.

• Confused 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Then the rest of the classes need 33% of their sustain and DPS gutted in order for warrior to be on par with them. Do you think that is a good idea, both balance and business wise?

didnt read the /s, got blown up by shatter mes

gg

correct though, there's people on the forums that unironically don't want buffs to classes they run all over in the current state because for some reason "power creep" is whenever a thing gets stronger, regardless of the context.

Power creep isn't that.

Extra credit: guess what phenomenon we're experiencing right now. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:49 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Frankly, the warrior mains don't want the rest of the classes tuned down to their level, they just want to brought up to the same level.

You would need to delete half of almost every class to get to Warriors level. 

Way to much work for Anet. 

They can't even replace the 300s traits in 2 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/27/2022 at 12:11 AM, felix.2386 said:

fire weaver is no where near top carry ranked, what you smoking, may as well start playing anything other then guard to start commenting

Wow so much toxicity in such a concise small post that’s a skill.

Fire weaver can certainly carry in weaker matchups by just holding the node and farming roamers. It’s not how it’s supposed to be maybe but it works in certain games.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You would need to delete half of almost every class to get to Warriors level. 

Way to much work for Anet. 

They can't even replace the 300s traits in 2 years. 

Exactly. We all see the obvious neglect. They could dedicate an entire patch to warrior and it still would show problems. We desperately need love in balancing

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Warriors have to work for adrenaline or some BS you have to build up to execute certain or elite abilities. 

Guards have various iterations of virtues which are ALL boons. 

Fair, right?

I expect confused faces!

Yeah, if only there was some kind of trade-off, like, I dunno, much longer cooldowns, or maybe a -8000 HP debuff.

But that'd be weird, ANet would never do that.

Sarcasm aside, the difference betwee guard and warrior isn't the class-mechanic. It's the weapon skills, and also to some extent the utility skills.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

One of the commenters on Teapot's video of the MAT (link in OP) kindly assembled a class count throughout the tourney.  I figured I'd share it here for convenience and added perspective.  His text below:

Class frequencies in the 20 games Teapot spectated:
Guardian: 51
Necromancer: 31
Thief: 27
Revenant: 24
Engineer: 22
Ranger: 18
Elementalist: 15
Mesmer: 12
Warrior: 0

And by expac:
EoD: 120
Core: 40
HoT: 25
PoF: 15

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

One of the commenters on Teapot's video of the MAT (link in OP) kindly assembled a class count throughout the tourney.  I figured I'd share it here for convenience and added perspective.  His text below:

And by expac:

"ahem" 

THESE STATS DOESN'T MATTER!!! I GOT FARMED BY A WARRIOR IN T1 SILVER SO WARRIOR IS CLEARLY OP AND NEEDS FURTHER NERFS! 

This message was brought you by:

The Forum simulator 3000. 

Now with extra realism. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Yeah, if only there was some kind of trade-off, like, I dunno, much longer cooldowns, or maybe a -8000 HP debuff.

But that'd be weird, ANet would never do that.

Sarcasm aside, the difference betwee guard and warrior isn't the class-mechanic. It's the weapon skills, and also to some extent the utility skills.

Lol right on, love the sarcasm. I wrote that comment to fish for confused faces. Whoever came up with that is genius. 

The class needs a bit of synergy between weapon skills, utilities and traits. I play all classes and like the mechanics of this game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I dont know why any warrior should be dunking on guardians. Most fun 1v1s I've had have been warrior vs guardian match ups. Bladesworn vs willbender is a hoot.

Yeah that's the thing, WB is amazing to play and my favorite guard spec. When ppl on the forum say it's OP, I suggest they watch the last MAT and that WB has hard counters so please dont nerf it. 

Basically, I'm just agreeing with the original poster that no warrior spec was represented at the MAT. Hope that changes. 

Edited by greedywholesome.9081
I meant MAT, originally typed AT
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

And by expac:

It's all there black and white. Not only this MAT but many many for months leaning on years now. It's a huge issue. And when war was there it was shout spam

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Man, at least the other modes are not like this. Its more necros than guards in wvw! And in pve... something something... there are fewer thieves.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Man, at least the other modes are not like this. Its more necros than guards in wvw! And in pve... something something... there are fewer thieves.

Last Wvw reset, we had a single Spellbreaker on the map with 20q. 

It was so funny when someone saw the Spellbreaker join the squad and said on the server Teamspeak:

"HOLY kitten A SPELLBREAKER!" 

"A rare creature these days."

That's not even a joke btw. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1