Can we get a Consume All on Tomes of Knowledge

As per the title - I have over 200 of these Tomes just sitting there - I have no current intention of raising a character to level 80 using them - so all they do is turn into Spirit Shards. For simple QoL, can we get a Consume All option on these already? Only when being consumed by a level 80 character, if making that available on <80 could cause issues.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

As per the title - I have over 200 of these Tomes just sitting there - I have no current intention of raising a character to level 80 using them - so all they do is turn into Spirit Shards. For simple QoL, can we get a Consume All option on these already? Only when being consumed by a level 80 character, if making that available on <80 could cause issues.

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Huge_Bag_of_Spirit_Shards

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Oh. I remembered about the bags. But it would just be more convenient to click on a stack and select Consume All. Not sure why the convoluted method (i.e. go to the Mystic Forge Attendant, and buy the bags). Just a little odd, given all the other things we can use Consume All on.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

i have 4 stacks of it. Can we salvage or sell 

Only uses for them are, aside from guild enhancements, leveling your alts. It's account bound. Can't be salvaged but can be used to buy bags of spirit shards from mystic forge vendors. Or consume them 1 at a time for shards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Only uses for them are, aside from guild enhancements, leveling your alts. It's account bound. Can't be salvaged but can be used to buy bags of spirit shards from mystic forge vendors. Or consume them 1 at a time for shards.

That the problem right. 11 lvl80 alts and 4 thousands spirit shards? You see where I'm at?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

That the problem right. 11 lvl80 alts and 4 thousands spirit shards? You see where I'm at?

No what is the problem?

You can buy stacks of spirit shard bags and consume all.

Edit

If your asking what to use them for then I use mine for legendaries or material promotions in the mystic forge.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No what is the problem?

I was just typing out the reply  and was going to ask exactly the same thing.

And you basically mirrored what I was going to say. I have a dozen lvl 80 alts as well and 17k spirit shards. Too lazy to do mats promotions unless I need T6 mats. Can definitely get rid of shards very fast that way.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No what is the problem?

Edit

If your asking what to use them for then I use mine for legendaries or material promotions in the mystic forge.

Like 5 thousands spirit shards?
WHY DO I WANT THAT MANY SPIRIT SHARDSSS/???

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Like 5 thousands spirit shards?
WHY DO I WANT THAT MANY SPIRIT SHARDSSS/???

Well either to make money of them or get your bag/bank space back by putting them in the wallet?

Edit

Scroll down this page to what ever you fancy doing with your spirit shards for profit.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

If anything I would just like the option to purchase a level 80 boost for 80 Tomes of Knowledge. That way I don't have to deal with all that pointless loot that comes with leveling up level by level.

I hear ya, but that would cut into Anet's bottom line though. I doubt they'd be willing to do that.

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They are also auto-consumed when you buy them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

i'd be ok with just being able to mute someone who decides to level up to 80 while i'm trying to do crafting or something.

its probably more annoying than someone who thinks themselves a bard with an amateur arrangement of music which is also off-key.

funny enough you can mute player instruments.

Spirit shards can be used to buy spirit banners. And they're so cheap you can drop them everywhere. And I usually do.

I would like 80 tomes of Knowledge to allow me to purchase an instant level 80 item that does not flood my bags with junk. I'm even so generous that I'm willing to pay 2 extra tomes for that advantage! There could also be lesser versions of this in case you want to enjoy the leveling experience partially.

But uhh, consume all is good too.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1