"Spartans, what is your profession?" "AU! AU! AU!"

What kind of warrior are you?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of warrior are you?

• Power Warrior
    • Condi Warrior
    • Support Warrior
    • Celestial Warrior
  2. 2. Which specialization do you use most?

• Core
    • Berserker
    • Spellbreaker
    • Bladesworn
  3. 3. What is your typical weapon set? (Off-Hand Weapon: weapons that are only off-hand like shield, warhorn, torch, pistol. Dual Wield: Weapons that can go in either hand)

• Two-Handed weapon/One-Handed weapon plus Off-Hand weapon
    • Two-Handed weapon/Two-Handed weapon
    • Two-Handed weapon/Dual Wield
    • Dual Wield/One-Handed weapon plus Off-Hand weapon
    • Dual Wield/Dual Wield
    • One-Handed weapon plus Off-Hand weapon/One-Handed weapon plus Off-Hand weapon

Technically I play them all, but my heart is in Power. I play core and Berserker about equally. I've made other players crap their pants while roaming with a glass GS+axe/axe core build. Spellbreaker less so. BSW is a garbage spawn of hell that should never have existed.

Cele is pretty versatile with the right trait and weapons. Hard to go wrong with it (don't do it with rifle).

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I've made other players crap their pants while roaming with a glass GS+axe/axe core build

off-hand axe 5 obliterates people unexpectedly. They don't know what's happening until their health is around half or they go into downstate lol

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hard to go wrong with it (don't do it with rifle).

I actually main rifle warrior lol. Rifle is not good when used on anything but pure power. I'm using diviner stats right now to try and create a perma quickness rifle warrior and even with diviner stats, rifle sometimes lets me down with not so great damage numbers.

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

off-hand axe 5 obliterates people unexpectedly. They don't know what's happening until their health is around half or they go into downstate lol

I actually main rifle warrior lol. Rifle is not good when used on anything but pure power. I'm using diviner stats right now to try and create a perma quickness rifle warrior and even with diviner stats, rifle sometimes lets me down with not so great damage numbers.

Meanwhile I really want a power build with max condi duration, but no condi damage, to max immobilize with rifle. No stats really for that kind of build.

• Sad 1

I am the eternal hambow.

Edit:

As per @RaveOnYou.2819's request, here's my current build:

[&DQILNQQ3Mz6nAKcAqACoAGoAagCtAK0AnACcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Equipment is all Marauders, with Trinkets being Assassin.

Runes of the Eagle

Hammer: Force and Impact Sigils

Bow: Force and Battle Sigils

Primarily OW.

But even so, I don't play this solely, just most often. I have equipment and build templates set up for every spec, and keybinds so I can swap between them outside of combat.

GS/AA Zerk and A/P Bladesworn get quite a lot of use at the moment if I need to be dishing out more damage quicker, and my BS build is actually pretty kitten good in OW:

[&DQIEHyQbRC//Gv8a8hryGmoAagCiAaIB/Br8GgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Dragon's gear and trinkets, Scholar Runes, Impact and Paralyzation Sigils.

In addition, I have a second Warrior I made recently which I use for Season 4 Dailies that is purely Core AA/GS using all Zerk gear with Eagle Runes and Force/Battle Sigils on GS and Force/Accuracy on axes. She's pretty fun to play, and not quite as squishy as a full-on zerker.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
RaveOnYou asked, I provided.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Core: Not a fan of the e-specs.

Axe/Axe (usually with rifle on weaponswap but seldom use it): Weaponset that flow the best for me.

Utilities? Signets... Would use stances but the traitline of the trait don't fit my taste.

Tbh, lately, I have been running mostly core defense/strength (no MMR), cause just using the stances ends up being more viable in ganking situations. I just have more hours on Zerker I think.

25 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Tbh, lately, I have been running mostly core defense/strength (no MMR), cause just using the stances ends up being more viable in ganking situations. I just have more hours on Zerker I think.

To be honest, I'd use a condi/hybrid sword/sword build if sword AA flow was pleasant, but, like I said only A/A flow feel good to me on warrior. I play mostly alone and, since I don't have (perma) quickness, there is this arms GM that make me hit faster that i'm totally hooked on even if objectively the trait is crap (It contribute to make the flow feel good to me, thus I just can't replace arms by defense).

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I play Warrior exclusively in pve Openworld now. 😢

It's either Spellbreaker D/D  M/M when solo. 

Or Core Warrior phalanx banner with Gs M/M for World bosses.

What dps do you pull? Both solo and on bosses. I'd like to play more open world on war but dmg is not great for the builds I've tried.

16 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I meant to ask Lan; you seem like someone who likes experimenting with builds. Is your gear fully Legendary, or are you mostly using PvP gear to experiment?

Legendary armor, runes, sigils, trinkets.
Juggernaut
Twilight
Frostfang x2
The Predator
H.O.P.E.

To Be Done:
Going to get the Gen3 sword soon followed by the Gen3 shield next.
Then another Gen3 sword
Then Moot x2
Pharus
Dreamer (for my non warrior characters)
The Minstrel ( I actually for the precursor drop from a BL chest...)
Bifrost
The gen2 warhorn
The gen1 Scepter at some point.
UW weapons last whenever I feel like it.

Yeah, that explains things 😄

Wish I was in the same position.

I'm good on weapons, but need backpack, rings, armour and two more sigils (although that's just to complete underwater gear, so I could ignore them. But the itch is there).

I kinda regret suggesting that stat swapping should be a legendary thing now. Build flexibility was core to the first game, and it's a massive shame it's a privilege in this one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'm good on weapons, but need backpack, rings, armour and two more sigils (although that's just to complete underwater gear, so I could ignore them. But the itch is there).

I kinda regret suggesting that stat swapping should be a legendary thing now. Build flexibility was core to the first game, and it's a massive shame it's a privilege in this one.

tbh, im now close to double conflux, missing some mats. so after full leggy armor, backpack and 2 rins soon (gotta grind that god awful pve amulet), rings with ascended stats i already got in abundance, so its much easier than grinding verdant brink as i used to. too much time gate on leggy armor in general tho. bs stuff ngl. anet rly exploiting qol kitten.

56 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

tbh, im now close to double conflux, missing some mats. so after full leggy armor, backpack and 2 rins soon (gotta grind that god awful pve amulet), rings with ascended stats i already got in abundance, so its much easier than grinding verdant brink as i used to. too much time gate on leggy armor in general tho. bs stuff ngl. anet rly exploiting qol kitten.

You could get the PvP amulet.

1 hour ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I made my two frostfangs, predator, juggernaut, and HOPE all last year. (not counting the 'free' PvE amulet)

Haven't made a single legendary yet this year... Must be slipping.

For me not have a full set of legendary weapons is annoying more than not having the sigils/rune for my underwater sets.

Let's see I'm up to for my warrior (got more this is just for my warrior):

Gen 1:

Eternity, twilight, sunrise, Juggernaut, Bolt, Howler, Predator, Moot, Frostfang, Incinerator, Flameseeker prophecies, Rodgort, Kamohoali'i Kotaki

Gen 2:

Pharus, Hope, Astralaria, The shining blade, claw of the khan-ur

WvW armor, backpack, and ring. PvE and raid trinkets, ring and amulet and signets and runes.

So my experimenting on warrior builds is easy to do yet I still always seem to come back to a MMR spellbreaker build with multiple flavors of it depending on what I'm doing.