Did I pay to get just a golem benchmark spec?

Arheundel.6451

Roamer in PvP or WvW? Cause I've been roaming with Hammer Catalyst in WvW* and having an absolute blast, its way more fun than Sword Weaver has ever been for me since the recent buffs it got. Maybe PvP roamer its not that good though, I haven't really had much success in PvP. with hammer atleast.

Edited by fuzzyp.6295
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

You paid to get leftover ideas for Tempest and Weaver crammed into one spec that seems to focus on a - thanks to power creep - mostly gimmicky feature (combo fields) that also got one of the most underused weapons... Do it like me: Ignore it and appreciate the uniqueness of Tempest or Weaver and ignore the lack of concept, vision or idea that they call "Catalyst". 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Just what is the inherent benefit of this catalyst?

-Worst duellist spec

-Worst bunker spec

-Worst DPS spec

-Worst roamer spec

What a waste of kittening money......

As far as sPvP goes Cata can be built to win a duel vs everything that isn’t virtuoso or daredevil. It also has the highest burst in the game if built correctly. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

As far as sPvP goes Cata can be built to win a duel vs everything that isn’t virtuoso or daredevil. It also has the highest burst in the game if built correctly. 

I can also paint a bag of trash with golden paint. Does that mean I've created gold from trash? No, I just have a golden painted bag of trash.

• Haha 1

The ele class is missing too many effects to ever be the best in any one place when it comes to pvp / wvw. Some how ele still is missing any type of counter stealth witch is important for pvp/wvw its also missing any type of counter boon/healing (boon strips or even poison) and its missing for the most part an def skill that dose not stop all attk (a non channel def skill).

Its just an very odd chose on anet ends to make the lowest def/ hp class in the game have the fewest effects. It may have some of the most skills but they are often just carbon copy of each other with very minor different in effects. There just no real depth to the ele class other then "i do dmg or i do healing" and realty nothing else. Ele is an "numbers" class they may be green or red.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cata isnt the worst, hammer cata IS the worst and if you think otherwise simply you havent fought a decent player yet. However dd cata for example is playable just like any other spec, core ele included. 

I still havent bought EoD because it has no fun specs in it, and cata is a good example - its just another version of core ele, no good utilities so all you have are traits, traits that do only one thing - boost your all stats. Wow, what a cool mechanic, thank you ANet.

So no, cata isnt bad, but its just as boring and mediocre as it could possibly be 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I really wanted to like Catalyst, but what i like about elementalist is that you have all those combos and cool synergy between elements and traits that is like a dance or flow of button pressing.

Catalyst on the other hand feels so FORCED to do the combos and "YOU HAVE TO PRESS ALL BUTTONS" it's not fun.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Fortunately the expansion brings much more than a few new elite specs. I'm still happily playing tempest in EoD.

Thank the 6 that Anet added so much content to pvp and wvw besides the new elite specs. /s

• Sad 1