thank you for killing off thief

felix.2386

literally, i'm an average power berserker enjoyer, now berserker is actually more playable/enjoyable without daredevil in every single match. (i imagine so will a lot of other specs)

and i'm actually able to climb to plat with it.

every single time there's a bullcrap daredevil and like spector or deadeye in comp that just poke over and over again and blind every single of my hits, i got 0 counter play for it, no matter what i spec for, i can not reach him and he will just kill me with shortbow 2 spam

willbender is twice easier to deal with on berserker

but vindicator is still a big load of c.

willbender with proper tune down, will actually be a way better version of daredevil that's actually more fun to fight against. hopefully willbender replaces daredevil forever, for daredevil is just full of c mechanically

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I mean, zerker still gets deleted by most things running around, and Willbender can still delete zerker just as fast as zerker does it on top of having plenty of blinds and stability to stop you from being able to set up your damage reliably. 

Thief gatekept a lot of stuff, but Willbender will do that too.

26 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

I mean, zerker still gets deleted by most things running around, and Willbender can still delete zerker just as fast as zerker does it on top of having plenty of blinds and stability to stop you from being able to set up your damage reliably. 

Thief gatekept a lot of stuff, but Willbender will do that too.

willbender weakness is so telegraphed you can easily dodge it.

and blind is minimum on willbender as well.

willbender got a c ton of mobility like thief, but the fact that willbender need to get melee in order to do damage and actually having decent cast time makes it way easier to react to and deal.

i love how willbender is able to follow thief and kills it. so thief can't harass everybody else with that shortbow 2 evade spam non sense combo and shadow art steal backstab non sense.

like berserker is able to manage and deal with most classes tho tough, but able (which explain why i'm able to climb to top 70), if you play very good.

but with thief, it is basically you can't manage anything, you can't counter pressure, you can't run, you can't do damage to it, there's 0 thing you can do, but to watch it killing you and hope that your teammate will do something about it.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

willbender got a c ton of mobility like thief, but the fact that willbender need to get melee in order to do damage and actually having decent cast time makes it way easier to react to and deal.

i love how willbender is able to follow thief and kills it. so thief can't harass everybody else with that shortbow 2 evade spam non sense combo and shadow art steal backstab non sense.

like berserker is able to manage and deal with most classes tho tough, but able (which explain why i'm able to climb to top 70), if you play very good.

but with thief, it is basically you can't manage anything, you can't counter pressure, you can't run, you can't do damage to it, there's 0 thing you can do, but to watch it killing you and hope that your teammate will do something about it.

Are you sure that's because Zerker is manageable or because other people just aren't prepared for it? Willbender won't keep you pema blinded like Thief will, but F1, s2 are both extremely prevalent blinds. I've beaten a lot of Willbenders with power zerker but I had to play pretty much flawlessly else I'd just get deleted, meanwhile Willbender still has F2, F3, tons of mobility and much more reliable damage.

I'd love to see zerker come back, it's my favorite spec, but I just don't see it.

6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

What a shame that people that think... THAT..... are able to climb to top 70...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Thats so horrid bad what u wrote. Top 70 and doesn't know what to do says alot about the state of PvP in this game.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yes removing a class many like to play in a game with a dying pvp playerbase because u dislike fighting it or chose a class countered by it is a great take. With players like OP no wonder this games turned to such gbage.

You do realize having unfun mechanics is one of the main reasons why pvp games die right? gw2 pvp has been going downhill since HoT

CC spam like full counter, dragon trigger, are boring toxic mechanics that's unfun to fight against, so is daredevil blind spam and evade spam with shortbow spam.

there's nothing you can manage against a daredevil on a berserker, nothing, there's no harder counter then that.

daredevil deletes so many specs, you can't even imagine, since HoT.

deleting daredevil will actually help with variety instead of the opposite

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Berserker and thief and has no correlation in this meta.

I only faced 1 good berserker in plat2 last season, I had him against me at least 10-15 times, because Queue at the same time and low population.

When my team was no balanced well and I had random pugs with troll builds, nothing much to say, that guy was a killing machine, surviving even 1vs3 focus and even gets 1vs2 kills.

When my team was solid, he was hard focused, and especially harbis shutted him down in literally 1 shroud5, that build has zero cleanses and it's full yolo.

And trust me, this guy was very good at kiting, at rotating his defenses, at positioning and everything, respect to him, but berserker is just a niche build, works only if your enemy has silver pugs during a platinum game, and that's all.

Daredevil or not, double willbender plus harbi shut down a berserker focus in a bunch of seconds.

It's way better to fight a daredevil and make him retreat than fighting willbenders that can kill you even at 5% hp, they just go full yolo without caring and have too much damage, sustain and mobility.

Imagine who cares if you play core,spellbraker,Berserker. The whole class is garbage and we all know garbage is just garbage. I mean the only spec that actually is okayish at best is bladesworn and thats only cause of its insane amount of shout/self heal spam. Bring a thief or simply hard damage pressure or hard cc and even bladesworn will die in seconds. For Real they realy need to finaly buff warrior and i mean core warrior something like its damage or defence but they actually need to Do it make the class at least somewhat enjoyable. Get claped by +1 builds as a 1v1/1vx class cause they could simply Power creep oneshot you out of nothing while your hardest damage to them is just a 4k hit is pretty dump and annoying.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:05 PM, felix.2386 said:

You do realize having unfun mechanics is one of the main reasons why pvp games die right? gw2 pvp has been going downhill since HoT

CC spam like full counter, dragon trigger, are boring toxic mechanics that's unfun to fight against, so is daredevil blind spam and evade spam with shortbow spam.

there's nothing you can manage against a daredevil on a berserker, nothing, there's no harder counter then that.

daredevil deletes so many specs, you can't even imagine, since HoT.

deleting daredevil will actually help with variety instead of the opposite

U complain that it's difficult to manage thief as a zerker, I get that but......1- thief happens to counter ur chosen class, this happens in mmo's and 2- ask for buffs to zerker to make it less countered by thief, this is far healthier choice for the game. Lastly realize not fun mechanics as u put them are subjectivity ur view whether others share it or not.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

OH NO DAREDEVIL CAN'T PERMASTEALTH ANYMORE I'M SO SAD 😞 😞 😞 THE LOSS OF DAREDEVIL WILL TRUELY BE FELT AND SURELY THE GAME WILL BE WORSE FOR THAT

Said by: nobody.

No surprise games dead ^, it's playerbase are legit bias children, or act like it. I find x class annoying so pls delete it with 0 actual interests in a healthy game with decent balance, what's even more amusing is when someone chose a class countered by it then complains as if it's thief's design or balance issue not the players class choice or their classes balance issues, definitely gotta be thief's.

Gw2 2 pvp playerbase mentality in a nutshell, weird the games pvp is a meme now. 

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2

actually tho, willbender alone still can't delete daredevil that's quite annoying as daredevil has stealth that means willbender will never chase down daredevil.

it is a combination of willbender, harbinger, untamed and vindic that deleted daredevil in the high end, took 4 op classes to delete daredevil, nice bruh. gotta have at least 3 of these on the team to delete daredevil, quite funny lol

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

actually tho, willbender alone still can't delete daredevil that's quite annoying as daredevil has stealth that means willbender will never chase down daredevil.

it is a combination of willbender, harbinger, untamed and vindic that deleted daredevil in the high end, took 4 op classes to delete daredevil, nice bruh. gotta have at least 3 of these on the team to delete daredevil, quite funny lol

Wow haha u are so bias vs thief it's unreal, ur bias has made u so deluded into thinking thief is far stronger than it actually is in REALITY. too funny lol. Rev replaced thief long ago for all purposes except decapping, the job of decapping alone kept thief relevant.....important job.

Rev and now wb are better at bursting and really anything fighting related compared to thief, ur bias is extremely strong if u can't see that. Revs done what thief can do better for years now, only thieves superior decap ability has kept it relevant. If Rev could move around map as fast as thief to decap thief would never see competitive play.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Wow haha u are so bias vs thief it's unreal, ur bias has made u so deluded into thinking thief is far stronger than it actually is in REALITY. too funny lol. Rev replaced thief long ago for all purposes except decapping, the job of decapping alone kept thief relevant.....important job.

Rev and now wb are better at bursting and really anything fighting related compared to thief, ur bias is extremely strong if u can't see that. Revs done what thief can do better for years now, only thieves superior decap ability has kept it relevant. If Rev could move around map as fast as thief to decap thief would never see competitive play.

Thief also slaps rev around pretty badly, so there's that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Haha yeah but it really doesn't and hasn't for yrs....so there's that.

Ummm yes it does. It always has and still does, nothing has changed. You might lose to Rev as thief or beat bad thief players as Rev, but that match-up has always been heavily stacked in Thief's favor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Ummm yes it does. It always has and still does, nothing has changed. You might lose to Rev as thief or beat bad thief players as Rev, but that match-up has always been heavily stacked in Thief's favor. 

Actually it's hasn't lmao ur so bias and clueless, like are u a new player? Power rev - harold/Shiro has pretty much $hit on thief since it's addition. If thief wasn't a better decapper than rev it would have 100% been completely replaced by power rev. Name one role or situation in pvp other than decapping thief is more effective than power harold/Shiro. +1'ing? Nope, sure it may get to the +1 one sec or so sooner but a rev can burst and survive longer doing more sustained damage than their can. 1v1? See above reason revs better. Teamfight? Lmao not even close. Rev has higher burst, higher sustain and higher sustained damage than thief. Only reason rev didn't completely replace thief was because thief's mobility was higher giving it much better decap potential which can make or break a game if with the right team. My God this games in such a gbage spot and with balance feedback like such this game has absolutely 0 chance of ever Improving haha, yes let's balance the game on popularity of class and on which are least liked due to being annoying which as most don't seem to understand is completely different from overperforming.

32 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Actually it's hasn't lmao ur so bias and clueless, like are u a new player? Power rev - harold/Shiro has pretty much $hit on thief since it's addition. If thief wasn't a better decapper than rev it would have 100% been completely replaced by power rev. Name one role or situation in pvp other than decapping thief is more effective than power harold/Shiro. +1'ing? Nope, sure it may get to the +1 one sec or so sooner but a rev can burst and survive longer doing more sustained damage than their can. 1v1? See above reason revs better. Teamfight? Lmao not even close. Rev has higher burst, higher sustain and higher sustained damage than thief. Only reason rev didn't completely replace thief was because thief's mobility was higher giving it much better decap potential which can make or break a game if with the right team. My God this games in such a gbage spot and with balance feedback like such this game has absolutely 0 chance of ever Improving haha, yes let's balance the game on popularity of class and on which are least liked due to being annoying which as most don't seem to understand is completely different from overperforming.

This whole rant read like a massive cope, ngl. Fam, you're the one projecting your biases and how clueless you are, and insulting people in a crying fashion isn't going to make your points more relevant or accurate. 

Daredevil has always, and yes I mean always, beat rev in a head on match-up. Swipe interrupts any of revs relevant skills, including some of their most crucial defenses. Rev can't chase thief down and is forced to use a lot of resources to even try. None of revs lockdown tools like chill or immob work because of Unhindered Combatant. Stealth can literally turn off s3, and thief has always been good at denying both Shiro and Glints heal because they can stealth against Shiro to avoid being hit, or blind them to deny Jade Dagger charges, and can control when they attack around Glint heal very easily with their burst. Essence Sap might not be blatantly overpowered like it used to be, but it's still very strong. 

I don't know of you're just upset that Daredevil is at probably its lowest point, but it did not lose the match-up vs rev. Period. 

• Like 1