Best way to grind WvW reward tracks for legendaries as a PvE player?

Sindust.7059

I want to avoid PvP as much as possible, because I'm both bad at it and not interested (PvP is kitten and you can't convince me otherwise). But I need Gifts of Battle for Vision and Aurora, and might want to get Conflux too since I can't build Coalescence twice. If I haven't ragequit GW2 because of this by the time I'm done with those things, I intend to never ever step foot in there again. Are there any guilds or discord servers where runs for people like me are organized? And can I just slap on celestial gear on some condi build and call it a WvW build, or is there some black magic involved in building for WvW?

I would prefer doing this on my Engineer, but I also have a Ranger that I'm comfortable on. Which would be better?

Also my home server is Far Shiverpeaks.

Any other advice that would help me keep my sanity and be done with this hell sooner is appreciated.

Just do the dailies, veteran creature, big spender, master of monuments. If you want to be more daring (gasp!) try guard killer (kill 5), camp capturer (take 2 camps), and land claimer.

Assign your points as you level up, eg guard killer and defense against guards.

FYI, ascended trinkets are easy to come by in LW3 & 4, just in case you didn't know.

Are you NA or EU?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I assume you've researched these legendaries on the wiki and know what all is involved? It is way more than the GoB.

Of course. I've got everything I need for Vision except for Gift of Battle and the 250 Memories of Battle for the Gift of War, which I thought I would get anyway when grinding for GoB. And if not, I can buy them from the trading post. But GoB I cannot.

In the current link you should be able to find open-tag commanders from FSP as well as BT, there's a nightcrew in addition to that.

Both servers have their own discord if you want, just ask in mapchat.

I find it easier to spend time running with a squad, and some time is all you need to invest to get your Gift of Battle. For that purpose, look up a heal/support build for your Engi (->Scrapper), your Cele gear should be fine for the max three reward tracks you intend to complete. Rangers, unless immob soulbeast, are more tolerated than wanted.

Trait for movement speed (if you don't have the mount), stick to the com tag, and depending on your playtime per day you can be done in one weekend. Dailies will just happen while running.

My only tip to keep your sanity doing it: You get WvW track rewards for time spent, it doesn't matter who dies a lot and who doesn't. Keep participation up, ignore everything else that's happening there.

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Like 1

1) bunker  armor  + bunker jewels + bunker weapons + bunker traits + bunker skills + mortar

2) hide in groups (on the back) even if not in party

3) spam [1] on anything that move

4) use other ppl as meatshield/damage

5) ????

6) profit

Spoiler

warning,  can cause other players rage

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

I want to avoid PvP as much as possible, because I'm both bad at it and not interested (PvP is kitten and you can't convince me otherwise). But I need Gifts of Battle for Vision and Aurora, and might want to get Conflux too since I can't build Coalescence twice. If I haven't ragequit GW2 because of this by the time I'm done with those things, I intend to never ever step foot in there again. Are there any guilds or discord servers where runs for people like me are organized? And can I just slap on celestial gear on some condi build and call it a WvW build, or is there some black magic involved in building for WvW?

I would prefer doing this on my Engineer, but I also have a Ranger that I'm comfortable on. Which would be better?

Also my home server is Far Shiverpeaks.

Any other advice that would help me keep my sanity and be done with this hell sooner is appreciated.

WvW is not PvP. 

• Confused 2

Just now, babana.7521 said:

WvW is not PvP. 

Are there other players attacking me? If yes, it's PvP. In other games this would be called "open world PvP" or "battleground" or something along those lines. Just because ANet decided that it's something special, doesn't make it not PvP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Are there other players attacking me? If yes, it's PvP. In other games this would be called "open world PvP" or "battleground" or something along those lines. Just because ANet decided that it's something special, doesn't make it not PvP.

PvP implies that both parties are there to fight each other - you're clearly not per the original post. So it's not really PvP for you, is it now? 

Either way reward tracks are passive based on the participation and 5m timer. You dont need to fight a single player to get what you want. You literally cannot grind it. Tbh I would just say go to EBG with a minstrel firebrand or minstrel scrapper if you dont want to fight any other individually. Just join discord, stack on com and turn your brain off like the rest of the zerglings.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Good advice so far. Focus on safe objectives to get daily. Stay out of EBG map, stuff doesn't change hands there much and you can't do master of monuments or veteran slayer daily.

It seems like you have gear but no skill, so you have two options.

1. Juggernaut flamethrower engineer. It is basically a skill check for your attacker. Just stay on top of them and spam 1. Accept you will die to better players. You are actually really beneficial in a small group fight as you can neither be ignored nor controlled easily.

2. Superspeed engineer. Stack as much mobility and escape (stealth, rocket boots) as possible and run away til you can waypoint. Often just scrapper with gyros is enough, or holo leap.

Edited by ens.9854
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The only difficult part is to get to t6 participation. 

After that, pop boosters and excort dolyaks for 4 hours and you are done. 

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I give out [Confused] like everyday. But this this first time im actualy confused.

And forgive me for my sarcasm.  It gets old considering there have been multiple posts and threads about how people can complete the track, both from a PvE perspective with as little PvP as possible, and yet, people still come in, insult the mode.  

To the OP:  the GoB can be completed by doing the vet creature, camp capturer, land claimer, and dolyak when they are dailys.  This will give you WvW potions which allow you to progress the GoB track.  It takes 80 potions to complete one track of you do it that way.  Often you can get 1-3 potions from those daily’s each day (total).  

IF you can be bothered to actually venture out, pop boosters, get the WvW reward track buff from the Guild Hall, (if you are part of one that has the option).

Then..  there are a few options for how to progress the track.  

If your server is populated with guilds that only want meta classes in the Zerg, find a class that you can stomach, build close to it, and run with a Zerg.  The time will seem like it’s quicker, and you likely will tolerate it.  

Or, build a bursty mobile class, run around one of the Borderlands killing guards at every enemy structure.  When those structures flip, you will get 10 minutes of participation (with a max at any time of 10 minutes in your timer) plus WvW xp which will help you eventually finish tracks (skirmish ones) a little faster.  

Or, go to EoTM and work on the reward track there although there won’t be much to flip at least for long.  Actually, if this is something you would pursue, get some friends from PvE, go there and you might be on opposite teams.  Can trade structures that way.  (As a note, you cannot advance the skirmish track in EoTM, but you can advance the reward tracks.)

Good Luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

if ur a classy rich pvE player, i still can recommend to just ask guilds if u can buy participation.

one shared participation slot doesn't hurt them and guilds normally never drop below max participation during guildraids, which are at least 2-3 hours long

of course, leeching from random groups is easier, but not if u want to avoid combat at all costs 😛 and u may still die bc people tend to not hit u less just bc u try to roleplay pacifist