Early EoD Achievements not do able.

Hello i've been attempting certain achievements in EoD and a couple have been totally not doable for me.

The early achievement when fighting the Aetherblades and Aurene gives you a skill to jump from boat to boat is impossible for me, the reason is i put my cursor over the area to jump and for some reason the server drags me off after i land, the place i picked it slides me off the area and i lose a jump completely, unfairly.. It happens every single time i attempt this and multiple times a mission, i believe its a ping time thing as i'm above 250ms from Australia to USA?

Another Achievement is the cannons hitting you on the same mission, how are you expected to dodge them with 250ms ping as well as being hit, by the time you see them you've already been hit and Achievement gone.. I feel these Achievements are so out of touch for any one not living close to the servers these days..

Kinda unfair to be honest.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Hello i've been attempting certain achievements in EoD and a couple have been totally not doable for me.

The early achievement when fighting the Aetherblades and Aurene gives you a skill to jump from boat to boat is impossible for me, the reason is i put my cursor over the area to jump and for some reason the server drags me off after i land, the place i picked it slides me off the area and i lose a jump completely, unfairly.. It happens every single time i attempt this and multiple times a mission, i believe its a ping time thing as i'm above 250ms from Australia to USA?

Another Achievement is the cannons hitting you on the same mission, how are you expected to dodge them with 250ms ping as well as being hit, by the time you see them you've already been hit and Achievement gone.. I feel these Achievements are so out of touch for any one not living close to the servers these days..

I agree, I have given up on achievements that assume people have under 100 ping. This is why I found story masteries that require a person to complete X of X achievements are frustrating, as I will never get some of them due to ping. Getting X of N achievements are more helpful, when there are *non-ping-reliant* achievements available. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hesione.9412 said:

I agree, I have given up on achievements that assume people have under 100 ping. This is why I found story masteries that require a person to complete X of X achievements are frustrating, as I will never get some of them due to ping. Getting X of N achievements are more helpful, when there are *non-ping-reliant* achievements available. 

Don't you have to get them all though to get the final rewards?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I do very much appreciate when ArenaNet sets a portion of the total achievements in a category in orde to get the mastery achievement. I’m currently working on Vision, and shudder to think what it would be like if every single zone achievement was required.

They should do x/n for mastery whenever it makes any sense to do so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Aussie here, for the first achievement, reach end within x jumps, take your time, make sure your land circle as close as possible away from the edge, and that the platform is starting to floating downwards rather than upwards

for the second achievement, avoid canons, it's a bit difficult, but stealth makes it a breeze, i got through it with a scrapper

... though you can, but attempting these two on separate runs is easier

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Maybe ask Vayne to help you; he's in AU and gets all/most achievements.

Australia really fluctuates with internet here.. Melbourne and Sydney have far better internet than Queensland. Inner cities have far more infrastructure than Rural, No idea where Vayne is but he's not in Rural Queensland if he can pass those.. I can't even get NBN where i live, i'm still stuck on ADSL2+ 20mb thanks to the Liberals..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Reminds me of that first mission at launch, tried for the achievements and realised the jump is so janky and wonky at the same time it would be extremely annoying to do it solo, you basically need someone to carry you and do the instance for you. 

Never seem to land where you tell it to land you for some reason, I had hoped by now they'd have fixed it, but obviously they are more concerned with terrible balance patches and not nerfing the final meta as hard as they should have the first time to care about the games many bugs right now 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

If you're out of options, I believe you can cheese this whole instance achievements by slacking as much as possible and having party members (guildies) rush ahead, clear it for you

This.

As with many other story achievements, you can bring along others to make them easier and/or reduce the risk of failing certain mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

This.

As with many other story achievements, you can bring along others to make them easier and/or reduce the risk of failing certain mechanics.

It's even easier if the other person is the instance owner. In this specific story I believe you will get the number of jumps achi as long as the instance owner gets it, and the story will automatically port you forward so you never have to jump.

For the cannons - found it very easy to help friends with it by playing a longbow slb, you can kill the cannoneers extremely quickly and from quite far away, making it safe for them to move forwards. Aegis also works to block the attacks, so can help to have a guardian around too.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, Taclism.2406 said:

If you're out of options, I believe you can cheese this whole instance achievements by slacking as much as possible and having party members (guildies) rush ahead, clear it for you

21 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

This.

How would more people stop the jumps from sliding me off the platforms? I guess the cannons would be helped but the jumps are server side not a player thing?

That would actually waste more peoples time as i'd have to stop the quest and restart for new tries over and over.

18 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Also note, there are 19 achievements that count towards the act 1 mastery, so you can skip 1. I haven't managed "This isn't cannon", so my completed mastery looks exactly the same as Guild Jen's 🙂
https://guildjen.com/end-of-dragons-act-1-story-achievements-guide/

Wow even the people writing guides failed that one, super hard not due to skill, but server connection is pretty bad lol.

18 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Note that if you do the story step in a party, ONLY the instance owner's leaps count towards the total. So get someone with a better ping to open the instance and they can earn the achievement for you.

That seems really crazy? but ok.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Only one I did not finish - from the story - was the Fascist flattener (extremely tight time limit I usually take more than twice the time) and the one in the first early mission to avoid getting hit by cannones - annoying cause you lose progress and have to start over again if making 1 mistake (that often happens).

But the jumping one - I mean that one is basically where you can not use the skill more than a limited amount of times? Not a problem if you just play your mobility skills as well. Didn't even use a specific build and changed just 1 or 2 utility skills on my engineer. Rockets boots ... just saved some of the uses when used correctly instead of the skill. And using ranged weapons to kill if possible instead of moving to another area (with the flying platforms or so).

If you are careful it should work with a bit higher ping as well ... I mean 250ms is still only a part of a second. Can't move that much - apply some lead when calculating where to jump then. And 1 or 2 misses are okay if using normal movement skills a lot.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 5/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Australia really fluctuates with internet here.. Melbourne and Sydney have far better internet than Queensland. Inner cities have far more infrastructure than Rural, No idea where Vayne is but he's not in Rural Queensland if he can pass those.. I can't even get NBN where i live, i'm still stuck on ADSL2+ 20mb thanks to the Liberals..

I'm in Tasmania and usually floating around 250 ping.

Edit: Also, Dante, you probably shouldn't use the term Liberals, since most people in America would think you are talking about the liberals.  For those who don't know, the more conservative party here is the Liberal Party, while the Labor Party is more like the Democrats. It's very easy to confuse people in the US when you use capital L Liberals vs lower case liberals, which are completely different.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1508 said:

How would more people stop the jumps from sliding me off the platforms? I guess the cannons would be helped but the jumps are server side not a player thing?

Yes, but only the instance opener need to do those right, and that one person does not have to be Australian.

• Like 1