ele got moving hundred blade

Lighter.5631

Hot take, I'd rather not see mobile hundred blades, I think rooted hundred blades is fine, as long as there's good damage there(which there isn't). So honestly should just undo the change of backloading the damage on the final strike. It used to be very good down cleave back then. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Hot take, I'd rather not see mobile hundred blades, I think rooted hundred blades is fine, as long as there's good damage there(which there isn't). So honestly should just undo the change of backloading the damage on the final strike. It used to be very good down cleave back then. 

While I can agree with the backloaded damage part, rooted Hundred Blades sucks. Hell, if not for GS's mobility for competitive I'd never use the weapon - and largely due to that root.

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

With all the CC and AoE spam the game has devolved into, self-root (or any root, really) is objectively not fine.

And it's even worse in sPvP and WvW, where everyone but Warrior (and maybe Elementalist) gets creeped up mobility.

4 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

While I can agree with the backloaded damage part, rooted Hundred Blades sucks. Hell, if not for GS's mobility for competitive I'd never use the weapon - and largely due to that root.

100b itself isn't a bad skill, it just really needs the damage back, as it stands currently I see people just straight up tanking most of the hits to rez someone because because it outputs laughable pressure even with might stacks or people simply eating half the cast, and I find myself doing more damage and pressure AAing over 100b .   

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

With all the CC and AoE spam the game has devolved into, self-root (or any root, really) is objectively not fine.

And it's even worse in sPvP and WvW, where everyone but Warrior (and maybe Elementalist) gets creeped up mobility.

I know how it be in PvP in general,  I just think it's a nice balance between risk and execution since the most opportune time to use self root/100b is when people are CC'd, or trying to power rez downed, instead of trying to hit moving targets, and normally half the time you combo Whirlwind Strike, if you see the interrupt/something dangerous coming or cancel casting it.  Self root in general  though, the one that's not okay IMO is Flurry, that should get a rework. 

• Like 1

or maybe just increase the radius? so its actually a good cleave and so even out the damage.

52 minutes ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Specter auto chain on scepter is also triple chop animation (Axe basic chain).

yea, but warrior already has that, ele hammer water 2 is the first time ever i see a moving hundred blade animation. not just normal hundred blade animation on other classes, but a moving one

Edited by Lighter.5631

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

100b itself isn't a bad skill, it just really needs the damage back, as it stands currently I see people just straight up tanking most of the hits to rez someone because because it outputs laughable pressure even with might stacks or people simply eating half the cast, and I find myself doing more damage and pressure AAing over 100b .   

I know how it be in PvP in general,  I just think it's a nice balance between risk and execution since the most opportune time to use self root/100b is when people are CC'd, or trying to power rez downed, instead of trying to hit moving targets, and normally half the time you combo Whirlwind Strike, if you see the interrupt/something dangerous coming or cancel casting it.  Self root in general  though, the one that's not okay IMO is Flurry, that should get a rework. 

You have that delta because the AA chain in fact does more damage in that interval than 100blades if the last hit of 100blades whiffs.

WWA into a wall, bladetrail if terrain doesn't negate the second hit, and rush if it doesn't bug will do more than the AA chain.

It's pretty much a given that unless you need the cripple or mobility that anything other than AA is a damage loss.

On 5/31/2022 at 4:57 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

or maybe just increase the radius? so its actually a good cleave and so even out the damage.

yea, but warrior already has that, ele hammer water 2 is the first time ever i see a moving hundred blade animation. not just normal hundred blade animation on other classes, but a moving one

Yes my point was the animation, moving or not, is copy paste.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:21 AM, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Same, they need to buff the crap out of HB. It's stationary! Like, what gives! If you get caught and CCed and take every single Hundred Blades strike, guess what: IT'S YOUR FAULT.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:04 PM, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Specter auto chain on scepter is also triple chop animation (Axe basic chain).

Anet forks alot of skills and reuses the animations, Jalis elite from rev is the skil form elementalist that we used to make siege do 0 damage to structures forgot the skillname.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, Duglaive.5236 said:

Is like guardian sword 2, but guardian's is ranged, faster and deflects projectiles kitten