Disable Path of Corruption now

Chaith.8256

@Vertep.2498 said:

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Maybe change the Title to disable path of corruption as u said in first post, not disable Scourge... last sounds like a whine

nope, even without this scourge is kitten broken af as its still not reworked/nerfed

Play Scourge without path of corruption and tell us how it goes... I bet you can't even beat a Holosmith under that circunstance.

Also, I think it's Nefarious Favor that should be disabled and not Path of Corruption. Reapers shouldn't be affected for a bug on Scourge (And PoC on Reaper is working fine).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Vertep.2498 said:

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Maybe change the Title to disable path of corruption as u said in first post, not disable Scourge... last sounds like a whine

nope, even without this scourge is kitten broken af as its still not reworked/nerfed

Play Scourge without path of corruption and tell us how it goes... I bet you can't even beat a Holosmith under that circunstance.

Also, I think it's Nefarious Favor that should be disabled and not Path of Corruption. Reapers shouldn't be affected for a bug on Scourge (And PoC on Reaper is working fine).

Not true, Blood Scourge performs even better without a dedicated support in small scale fights even better than Curses Scourge, possibly even while bugged. Curses is much more optimal when you have a Firebrand or are going up against a team with a Firebrand

Disabling Nefarious Favor would be completely dum, (wow the correct spelling is bleeped) that breaks all scourges. Path of Corruption is only being used with Scourge currently, not Reaper, Reaper runs power traitlines, remember.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Vertep.2498 said:

Not true, Blood Scourge performs even better without a dedicated support in small scale fights even better than Curses Scourge, possibly even while bugged. Curses is much more optimal when you have a Firebrand or are going up against a team with a Firebrand

Disabling Nefarious Favor would be completely dum, (wow the correct spelling is bleeped) that breaks all scourges. Path of Corruption is only being used with Scourge currently, not Reaper, Reaper runs power traitlines, remember.

I don't know about you, but I know plenty of Spite+Curses Power Reapers... Soul Reaping never been mandatory to Reaper thanks to Blighter's Boon, and even with the increase on Life Force decay, I still don't feel the need of using SR as a trait line. Also, Boon Corruption isn't somenthing desired only by condition specs. Keeping that protection and stability off the target is very important, principally against specs that are tanky only because of boon spam.

Any of the choices will have consequences on other builds, and if I have to choose, I rather have Scourges facing problems caused by other Scouges than extend it to other specializations.

Honestly I stopped pvping after i got my Ascended gear. However in my opinion Scourge is the weakest of the specs for necromancer. It is extremely easy to counter by doing well nothing! Well for those of us that focus on builds that revolve very little on boons. Also there are boons that Scourge can't strip from you so you should look into using them.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Any of the choices will have consequences on other builds, and if I have to choose, I rather have Scourges facing problems caused by other Scouges than extend it to other specializations.

You can't choose something else in place of Nefarious Favor.. if anything gets disabled it'll be a trait with good alternatives not a class' F2 ability that serves as one of the main condi removal sources, I guarantee it, ArenaNet will minimize the tears caused by their faulty coding resulting in a disabled mechanic.

@Larenc.1269 said:Honestly I stopped pvping after i got my Ascended gear. However in my opinion Scourge is the weakest of the specs for necromancer. It is extremely easy to counter by doing well nothing! Well for those of us that focus on builds that revolve very little on boons. Also there are boons that Scourge can't strip from you so you should look into using them.

Scourge weaker than Necro and Reaper in PvP, is easy to counter by doing nothing, and we should use boons that Scourges can't strip, signed, non-pvper,

This is a thread about fixing a problematic bug,

Where's the downvote button

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Larenc.1269 said:Honestly I stopped pvping after i got my Ascended gear. However in my opinion Scourge is the weakest of the specs for necromancer. It is extremely easy to counter by doing well nothing! Well for those of us that focus on builds that revolve very little on boons. Also there are boons that Scourge can't strip from you so you should look into using them.

Scourge weaker than Necro and Reaper in PvP, is easy to counter by doing nothing, and we should use boons that Scourges can't strip, signed, non-pvper,

You mean started as a problematic bug thread, then it turned into scourge OP thread...

@Loop.8106 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Loop.8106 said:Can someone somehow use this bug in a raiding scenario and post it on the Raid / General discussion Forums?

Raid bosses don’t use Boons....

+1 for understanding the sarcasm.

(Sarcasm)

Meh still waking up and made my first cup of coffee, sarcasm is hard right now.

@Chaith.8256 said:

Cant be a downvote button might hurt someone feelings and if we know one thing about a-net everything including competitve spvp has to be for the lowest common denominator cant judge anyone on skill level or competence or anything. Cant have any standards. Wouldn't be prudent!

This wouldn't have happened if they avoided doing a balance patch on top of the start of the pvp leauge season. We told them this kind of stuff would happpen, they did it anyway and then failed to respond to this bug in a timely manner and establish a timetable for its resolution.

@Kuya.6495 said:This wouldn't have happened if they avoided doing a balance patch on top of the start of the pvp leauge season. We told them this kind of stuff would happpen, they did it anyway and then failed to respond to this bug in a timely manner and establish a timetable for its resolution.

This wouldn't have happened if they would listen to Quaggan in 2015, when Quaggan suggested to open testing server for players, so players could test incoming balancing patches like it happens in other games... but fooooo, they never listen to Quaggans.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Vertep.2498 said:

As I necro main, I would not cry if scourge was deleted out of existence. The design of Scourge and Deadeye where clearly made without a single thought towards "what would fighting against this be like?"

Archived