(Feedback) Canthan Skyscale Skins

I like these.  They aren't quite as imaginatively different as the previous trio packs, but they dye nicely (though on two of them one is stuck with gold for the collar, so my alts that don't use gold hues will be staying with other skins).  I enjoy having more slender skyscale options.

One thing I particularly like, that does make them notably different from other skyscales, is the stubby wings.  A petite, tucked in skyscale is pretty nifty.  So I'm sad to see the tweet that you guys didn't intend the small wings and are going to fix them.  Not in a refund-wanting way, just they won't be as special to me once the wings reach full growth.  Maybe you could poll the players who bought the pack to see if they want to keep the short wings, get them full size, or don't care one way or the other?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I actually really like them as well.  I normally ride around on my shimmering skyscale but I like these models.  I'd prefer the wings a bit larger...they don't look like they can support the bulk of my charr when I mount up.  They do dye nicely, four channels for anyone curious.  Also the slender build makes them feel oddly fast even though they're exactly the same as the others.  Overall, happy with the purchase, nice change of skins ❤️

I found the skyscale skins very beautiful, but when I came across an "abnormality", I gave up on buying the pack. If I show it will be better for you to understand.
Was it just me that was a little bothered by the size of "Heavenly Thunder Noble"'s wings? Look at this, it looks like they cut the skyscale wing! It is very visible that the wing is disproportionate to the dragon's body! Please change this!

Notice the difference in the wing size of the skins in the same pack below:

https://i.imgur.com/lPLjgXO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JAUhdiV.jpg

Glad I looked it over before buying this...

Edited by lummuss.6850
wrong link
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, lummuss.6850 said:

I found the skyscale skins very beautiful, but when I came across an "abnormality", I gave up on buying the pack. If I show it will be better for you to understand.
Was it just me that was a little bothered by the size of "Heavenly Thunder Noble"'s wings? Look at this, it looks like they cut the skyscale wing! It is very visible that the wing is disproportionate to the dragon's body! Please change this!

Notice the difference in the wing size of the skins in the same pack below:

https://i.imgur.com/lPLjgXO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JAUhdiV.jpg

Glad I looked it over before buying this...

We’re aware of an issue with the Heavenly Thunder Noble Skyscale mount skin. The wings were not intended to be that small and we are working on a fix. We’ll have that fix to you as soon as we can! 

From Twitter. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

We’re aware of an issue with the Heavenly Thunder Noble Skyscale mount skin. The wings were not intended to be that small and we are working on a fix. We’ll have that fix to you as soon as we can! 

From Twitter. 

Poor mutated Skyscale no one loves its stubby wings lol

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Poor mutated Skyscale no one loves its stubby wings lol

Ummm..... ?

17 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I like these.  They aren't quite as imaginatively different as the previous trio packs, but they dye nicely (though on two of them one is stuck with gold for the collar, so my alts that don't use gold hues will be staying with other skins).  I enjoy having more slender skyscale options.

One thing I particularly like, that does make them notably different from other skyscales, is the stubby wings.  A petite, tucked in skyscale is pretty nifty.  So I'm sad to see the tweet that you guys didn't intend the small wings and are going to fix them.  Not in a refund-wanting way, just they won't be as special to me once the wings reach full growth.  Maybe you could poll the players who bought the pack to see if they want to keep the short wings, get them full size, or don't care one way or the other?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Like the Lunar Maned and the Dark Monarch, however, these new skins also remain stuck on spot for several seconds when you load onto a new map and immediately mount them. Then you get teleported forward to where you have theoretically moved in the meantime.

I don't have this issue with the Shimmerwing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Like the Lunar Maned and the Dark Monarch, however, these new skins also remain stuck on spot for several seconds when you load onto a new map and immediately mount them. Then you get teleported forward to where you have theoretically moved in the meantime.

Same, that's actually rather annoying.  Didn't realize this was an ongoing issue, good to know.

I see that the Thunder Noble Dragon skin small wings are patched, but all three has much smaller wingspan then the usual skyscales. Even compared the the ones that are based on the same model like the Lunar Maned Skyscale.

Is that intended? The skins are great just a little weird, I'm used to the wings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah, I wasted the gems on this hoping it would fix the issue.  I WISH THEY WOULD FIX THIS!

Does anyone know what others work for this aside from the Shimmerwing? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Meglivorn.6718 said:

I see that the Thunder Noble Dragon skin small wings are patched, but all three has much smaller wingspan then the usual skyscales. Even compared the the ones that are based on the same model like the Lunar Maned Skyscale.

Is that intended? The skins are great just a little weird, I'm used to the wings.

They're intentionally smaller, but honestly it's not really bad...less flapping, and gives them a nice sleek, compact flight.  That part grew on me as I played last night.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Same, that's actually rather annoying.  Didn't realize this was an ongoing issue, good to know.

yeah the mount lag has been an issue for awhile now, particularly with the Lunar Maned skyscale, Bearded Dragon skyscale, these new Canthan skyscales, and the Anubis jackal skin. no idea what causes the mount lag (a shared trait amongst the skyscales is the fluffy texture, but that doesn't explain the jackal), but they definitely haven't fixed it yet, which is disappointing.

it's strange, too, because normally when mount model "lag" happens it's just the skins not loading in for a period of time which doesn't affect characters movement, but something about the particular ones i listed is just really broken?

back to the topic at hand: i love the new skyscales, i'm sad they fixed the stubby wings on the Thunder Noble cus they were cute, but i love them even with the non-stubby wings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

At first I was really regretting getting these Canthan skins, to the point that I seriously considered getting a refund.  Really disliked how short and stubby the wings were initially.  But after using them for awhile they slowly grew on me, and ended up liking them a lot.  The little wings had a certain charm to them.  Now I want the short wings back!

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

yeah the mount lag has been an issue for awhile now, particularly with the Lunar Maned skyscale, Bearded Dragon skyscale, these new Canthan skyscales, and the Anubis jackal skin. no idea what causes the mount lag (a shared trait amongst the skyscales is the fluffy texture, but that doesn't explain the jackal), but they definitely haven't fixed it yet, which is disappointing.

it's strange, too, because normally when mount model "lag" happens it's just the skins not loading in for a period of time which doesn't affect characters movement, but something about the particular ones i listed is just really broken?

back to the topic at hand: i love the new skyscales, i'm sad they fixed the stubby wings on the Thunder Noble cus they were cute, but i love them even with the non-stubby wings.

I would suggest starting a new thread and let people figure out which ones are broken/laggy so the devs get to see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I would suggest starting a new thread and let people figure out which ones are broken/laggy so the devs get to see it.

i actually did report the Lunar Maned skin's lag before, months ago in January, as well as posted on someone's thread who was having the same issue with the skin and the issue still hasn't been addressed. i can certainly start up a new thread though, and send in another report, considering it's affecting multiple skins across different mounts.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

i actually did report the Lunar Maned skin's lag before, months ago in January, as well as posted on someone's thread who was having the same issue with the skin and the issue still hasn't been addressed. i can certainly start up a new thread though, and send in another report, considering it's affecting multiple skins across different mounts.

I reported a cash shop outfit that breaks on Asuras two years ago multiple times and it still never got fixed either..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1