Skin Requests: Mounts, Armor, Weapons, etc...

Hi all.

I've searched the forums for a skin request thread, and there wasn't one.

So here it is.

We have a skin request dedicated thread.

Request your skins for armour, weapons, mounts, and whatever else you want.

Then it's up to the devs if they want to use it in the Gem store or make it as part of a collection, or other.

Let's see those ideas.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Does not really fit into the QOL thread. Could be used to search for inspiration, if they ever run out of ideas. I definitely like the idea of the thread and hope others contribute as well. 

-
Invisible weapon set
I've made this suggestion a few times in the past. Just slot in a basic weapon-set and make all textures alpha-channel. This would render every weapon-attack into weapon-less combat. Most of the animations would not cause any serious issues. Shooting Pistols would be absolutely glorious (childhood memories). Development/Resource costs would be really low. Every class could play as weapon-less class. Examples: Dual Mace Warrior for a fist-fighter or mace+axe revenant for an Akuma cosplay. Without the weapon skins, the animations do the magic.

Universal Mount Set
One model, I do not care which, that exists for multiple-mount types. For example a Dragon skin for the Skyscale, Raptor, Jackal and Griffon. Could be interesting. Again really low development-costs.

Paper-Bag Helm
Already in the game, never released.

Inquest Assault CubeToy Golem and Hero-Tron as Jade Bot skins.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

A Kris blade.

Both sword and Great Sword.

They already have a bunch of skins they call "kris" so you'd better specify what that means to you, otherwise you'll get more of the same.

I'd like more nice but basic weapons and armor. Good looking, not so ornamental, not flashy | glowy | smoky. The Ascalonian weapon set without the glow is an example for weapons. There are some armor pieces already, but more would be nice. Need I say, male light armor that is not a dress? Male medium armor that's not a trench coat?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Exo Skyscale and Exo Turtle.

Also please continue with the Synergenics mounts.

Some more glowing Mythic style weapons with trails would be ace.

In game please add some of the Canthan armors and clothing so we can look as good as the npcs like Tengu clothing etc

A plain Samurai and Ninja costume would be welcome.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I really like the look of charr metal. The War-Torn Marauder and the Dreadnought Raptor are awesome! I love the Legion Jetpack skin.

However, there are a lot of gaps for the theme. Roller beetles, skimmers, griffins, skyscales, skiffs, turtles, springers, and jackals lack charr themes. I'm filling these gaps with asuran themes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• SoulGuardian.6203 changed the title to Skin Requests: Mounts, Armor, Weapons, etc...
8 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Exo Skyscale and Exo Turtle.

Also please continue with the Synergenics mounts.

Yeah. They are pretty neat.

Some more glowing Mythic style weapons with trails would be ace.

That'd be nice too.

In game please add some of the Canthan armors and clothing so we can look as good as the npcs like Tengu clothing etc

Wonder if there's a canthan costume?

A plain Samurai and Ninja costume would be welcome.

I know.

I have a ninja costume but makes my male characters look weird.

The female one is a lot nicer. 

Samurai is a must. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find that the Sylvari have one of the strongest unified visual themes in the game, and I'd love to see mounts inspired by them (for example, a Sylvan Hound jackal skin).

In addition, I'd love to see more armours than just the cultural ones that extend support for bioluminescence. For example, I love the Nightmare Court armour skins from Twilight Arbor, but they'd be even better if they supported Sylvari biolouminescence.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, here we go...
Plaguedoctor helmet
a few great axe looking hammers
a few crossbow looking rifles and pistols
a few spear looking staffs
the missing mount skins to complete the sets
a charr airboat skiff skin
mount skins for guilds/orders/other factions
hats that don't delete your hair
more cultural armor and cultural skins for mounts, gliders and skiffs

but before all of that, it would be nice if...
retroactively make all backpieces dyeable
add dye channels to AP armor
add glider skins to AP backpieces
add dye channels to old armor like dyeable CoF paticle effects

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well, I hope gemstore requests doesn't absorb this thread.  It didn't eat the swimsuit thread so there is hope.

anyway: an invisible traveling toy that makes you lean slightly forward, while standing up, as you "fly." I want it for fairy cosplay now that we have numerous fairy type wings. 
I don't want all of that particle nonsense messing with my fairy aesthetic.  (It is bad enough that the magnetic ascender makes it look like blue sparkles are shooting up your butt.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1